Page 11 of 12

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:56 pm
by Impenitent
Socrates didn't have to worry about covid 19... hemlock 19 however...

-Imp

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm
by Gutprof
I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:39 pm
by henry quirk
I suggest you ignore Gutprof's suggestion.

Leave everything be.

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:50 pm
by vegetariantaxidermy
Gutprof wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.
Not true. I was soundly reprimanded for being mean to a PCturd.

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 am
by Atla
Gutprof wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.
Agree, the forum is a total disgrace (which suggests the magazine might be as well).

Environment Discussion

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am
by attofishpi
Hi Rick

Any chance we could get a dedicated discussion area for the environment?

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am
by KLewchuk
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equality

Re: Environment Discussion

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
by RickLewis
attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am Hi Rick

Any chance we could get a dedicated discussion area for the environment?

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've never wanted forum areas to proliferate ad infinitum, but Environmental Philosophy has become a respectable field of philosophy in its own right. It is also crucial to human survival in a way that some areas of philosophy probably aren't, and lots of people want to talk about it. So, fine by me. I'll just compare notes with the moderators, but if they are good with it we'll set this up.

Re: Environment Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:56 pm
by Gary Childress
RickLewis wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am Hi Rick

Any chance we could get a dedicated discussion area for the environment?

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've never wanted forum areas to proliferate ad infinitum, but Environmental Philosophy has become a respectable field of philosophy in its own right. It is also crucial to human survival in a way that some areas of philosophy probably aren't, and lots of people want to talk about it. So, fine by me. I'll just compare notes with the moderators, but if they are good with it we'll set this up.
Great suggestion, Attofishpi! Most of what we discuss in here is akin to how many angels can fit on the head of a pin when compared to the stewardship of our planet.

Re: Environment Discussion

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 am
by attofishpi
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:56 pm
RickLewis wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am Hi Rick

Any chance we could get a dedicated discussion area for the environment?

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've never wanted forum areas to proliferate ad infinitum, but Environmental Philosophy has become a respectable field of philosophy in its own right. It is also crucial to human survival in a way that some areas of philosophy probably aren't, and lots of people want to talk about it. So, fine by me. I'll just compare notes with the moderators, but if they are good with it we'll set this up.
Great suggestion, Attofishpi! Most of what we discuss in here is akin to how many angels can fit on the head of a pin when compared to the stewardship of our planet.
Ya cheers :)

Re: Environment Discussion

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 am
by attofishpi
RickLewis wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am Hi Rick

Any chance we could get a dedicated discussion area for the environment?

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've never wanted forum areas to proliferate ad infinitum, but Environmental Philosophy has become a respectable field of philosophy in its own right. It is also crucial to human survival in a way that some areas of philosophy probably aren't, and lots of people want to talk about it. So, fine by me. I'll just compare notes with the moderators, but if they are good with it we'll set this up.
Well here's hoping... :)

...and i'll stop posting nasty threads - the 'dumb americans' one in the lounge area can be deleted if you blokes are ok to do so - drunk angry atto sorry. :oops:

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 pm
by RickLewis
Sorry I've not been around for a bit. Anyway, AMod and iMod and I all agree that a discussion area for the environment is a good idea - thanks - so we'll go ahead and set one up shortly.

Yes... was going to delete your "dumb Americans" thread but I like that one post by Luxin in the thread so have hesitated. I'll find a solution.

(NOTE: When I first typed "I'll find a solution" above, I hit one wrong key and my words immediately autocorrected to "I'll find absolution". Not sure what to make of that.)

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:43 pm
by attofishpi
RickLewis wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 pm Sorry I've not been around for a bit. Anyway, AMod and iMod and I all agree that a discussion area for the environment is a good idea - thanks - so we'll go ahead and set one up shortly.

Yes... was going to delete your "dumb Americans" thread but I like that one post by Luxin in the thread so have hesitated. I'll find a solution.

(NOTE: When I first typed "I'll find a solution" above, I hit one wrong key and my words immediately autocorrected to "I'll find absolution". Not sure what to make of that.)
GOLD.

:D

My next suggestion is to delete thread spammer accounts that post twaddle, after you have found absolution of course! :wink:

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:51 pm
by RickLewis
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 am
Gutprof wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.
Agree, the forum is a total disgrace (which suggests the magazine might be as well).
That's hilarious, Atla. You've made almost 3,000 posts on this forum despite it being a "total disgrace" and apparently (judging by your words "which suggests") you haven't even glanced at the magazine that pays for and runs the forum you enjoy.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/freeloader

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:30 pm
by Atla
.