attofishpi

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Post by attofishpi »

Woops - I just found it! :D
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 am
Rick - the forum prior to the big change once had a GMT clock - time. I really miss that, and I am sure many that are not in the UK also do, any chance we can get that back?
So far as I know, that isn't something we can control from the forum settings. But my postings turn up with a time that is GMT, so presumably this is up to each person's settings somehow. Is that what you just found?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

RickLewis wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:48 pm
Rick - the forum prior to the big change once had a GMT clock - time. I really miss that, and I am sure many that are not in the UK also do, any chance we can get that back?
So far as I know, that isn't something we can control from the forum settings. But my postings turn up with a time that is GMT, so presumably this is up to each person's settings somehow. Is that what you just found?
Test.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

RickLewis wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:48 pm
OK. So when I am logged in - the times displayed are AEST - (the time in Victoria which is thirty mins advance of me). Also the forum clock is AEST time.

When logged out it is GMT.

GMT is good, because it is a base time - all can relate to. Personally - even when I am logged in I'd prefer all time displays of posts to run off GMT - because it gets a bit messy after a shit load of beer and logging in and out! - but that's me!

One suggestion I'd like to make is to give two people the ability to a 'challenge' where the thread is created for a 1 on 1 only discussion. There could be a parallel thread for people, if they click 'quote' to discuss the challenge in a parallel thread.

This forum as far as I am aware is a PHP standard script - a few modifications could make it a serious debating platform.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Can someone "in the know" please provide an explanation as to why the Coronavirus Craziness thread has vanished from public view -- was it something we said? :lol:

And why is there now a Coronavirus sub-forum that one has to have permission to access?

It's just good to know how these things work. Thanks.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I don't know if it's connected but for a while I couldn't even access this site. A sinister warning came up that said the page wasn't secure, and blah blahed about hacking and personal information. It soon went back to normal.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:30 am I don't know if it's connected but for a while I couldn't even access this site. A sinister warning came up that said the page wasn't secure, and blah blahed about hacking and personal information. It soon went back to normal.
I was locked out for awhile too. I ask the moderators if it was on purpose, and they didn't know anything about it. May have been caused by an incompatibility from a computer update. But the disappearance of the Coronavirus thread, and the new permission-only sub-forum, are something I'm interested to understand.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:30 am I don't know if it's connected but for a while I couldn't even access this site. A sinister warning came up that said the page wasn't secure, and blah blahed about hacking and personal information. It soon went back to normal.
I was locked out for awhile too. I ask the moderators if it was on purpose, and they didn't know anything about it. May have been caused by an incompatibility from a computer update. But the disappearance of the Coronavirus thread, and the new permission-only sub-forum, are something I'm interested to understand.
I see what you mean. I don't have 'permission' to look at it. I must have been naughty :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 am I see what you mean. I don't have 'permission' to look at it. I must have been naughty :lol:
I'm wondering who HASN'T been naughty! :lol: That must be a boring group.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:53 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 am I see what you mean. I don't have 'permission' to look at it. I must have been naughty :lol:
I'm wondering who HASN'T been naughty! :lol: That must be a boring group.
So you don't have permission either then? :lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 am
I see what you mean. I don't have 'permission' to look at it. I must have been naughty :lol:
I had thought it was just me!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:57 am So you don't have permission either then?
I've not been given access to the club either. Maybe we're on double-secret probation. :lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:57 am So you don't have permission either then?
I've not been given access to the club either. Maybe we're on double-secret probation. :lol:
Someone must’ve ratted us out, but why? We haven’t done anything untoward, have we?
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:14 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:06 am
Someone must’ve ratted us out, but why? We haven’t done anything untoward, have we?
The only one would be Dontaskme, who was putting about the ridiculous 5G conspiracyfeory. A lot of websites are trying to filter that out.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Coronavirus Discussions
For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?
Moderators: AMod, iMod

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

Nice.