Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Blaggard wrote:I am an omega male, I really just don't give a fuck for pointless vacillation over who has a big cock or vagina. You're all still cuynts if you really care that much. I am underclass hence of people who just gave up on the whole of humanity because they have some odd idea that being an animal should be lauded, and you can't just be yourself without placing labels on people like some demented pleb.

And anyway what sort of forum suggestion is this: let's cut off the mindless diatribe about how big and special someone thinks they are, and stick it where it belongs: up their arrogant ass, or in the philosophy of the big I am section of this fine forum. ;)
I disagree. I think humans needed to be reminded of their animal nature as much as possible. They seem to think themselves "evolved", and separate from the animals due to their ability to produce wimpy thoughts. Yet with their wimpy thoughts, all they can do is make bigger and better toys for themselves, and don't give a care about anything except their toys.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Not a choice from me. Something that is so true, there's just nothing you can say against it, other than translating it for others who don't understand it.
Fair point.
As for your betamale thing, ...
Not mine, yours I thought? Me, I think that this primate is probably closest to the bonobo in social behaviour and doubt this alpha/beta stuff applies in any real sense and is just the product of the 'jocular' thinkers as you call them.
I'd say teachers are both slaves and masters. Many teachers parrot everything they hear, but punish students who dont obey them.
Can't speak about your school system but over here I'd say many of them are them are just too young and victims of a ridiculous system.
Ive met lots of rich people, their kids are brats, and though the rich person appears to be civilized, he is no more cultured than a bum on the street. In fact, I've met a lot of hobos who have better philosophies than they do. Did Jesus have a gold chalice, or a cup made of wood?
No idea? Did he even exist?

I've met a few rich people and quite a few poor and their kids appear to be equally brattish and not. That goes for the rich man and the bum, equally civilised or not.
I dont see how humans dont have the same alpha beta systems. In the dating game, it seems the same system. ...
And yet pretty much everyone gets someone? Whereas the common alpha male system appears to be one male and all the women?
And in the career game it seems the same system too.
I guess it varies with career.
The political game is perhaps the most dumb of all, just pre-picked candidates from birth.
Hmm...I can see that in America this is the case but we don't have quite the same dynasty system over here, yet.
Which is actually even stupider and more dumb than the animal alpha-beta savagery.
Can't disagree there.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Not mine, yours I thought?
I started the topic, you asked a question about it. Thus, it became yours.
Me, I think that this primate is probably closest to the bonobo in social behaviour and doubt this alpha/beta stuff applies in any real sense and is just the product of the 'jocular' thinkers as you call them.
Close but no cigar. Humans are chimpanzees. Bonobos are chimpanzees. But Bonobos are endangered, due to their non-aggressive nature. So, humans do not embody the spirit of the bonobo at all.
I dont see how humans dont have the same alpha beta systems. In the dating game, it seems the same system. ...
And yet pretty much everyone gets someone? Whereas the common alpha male system appears to be one male and all the women?
Everyone get's someone? Only after years of rejection and isolation, and they usually end up with someone they don't care for. Though, partially it is because of mental retardation, such as that Eliot Rogers kid expecting women to come to him. Women are rather lazy and shy creatures, afraid of rejection. It is no coincidence that Eliot Rogers looked like a woman, his estrogen levels must have gave him a woman's mind as well. I blame his retardation on xenoestrogens in the environment, as estrogen in its purest form should not cause overall brain quality loss.
The political game is perhaps the most dumb of all, just pre-picked candidates from birth.
Hmm...I can see that in America this is the case but we don't have quite the same dynasty system over here, yet.
What place are you from, exactly?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: I started the topic, you asked a question about it. Thus, it became yours.
Hmm ... not really as I don't hold with this alpha/beta stuff with respect to this primate.
Close but no cigar. Humans are chimpanzees. Bonobos are chimpanzees.
Not sure about the Bonobos but this primate is not a chimp, the chimp and the pygmy chimp, in DNA terms, evolved after us.
But Bonobos are endangered, due to their non-aggressive nature.
By whom?
So, humans do not embody the spirit of the bonobo at all.
Not what I said, I said they seem closest to us in social behaviour, i.e. everyone shagging everyone else and apparently enjoying it.
Everyone get's someone? Only after years of rejection and isolation, and they usually end up with someone they don't care for.
Not my experience of people.
Though, partially it is because of mental retardation, such as that Eliot Rogers kid expecting women to come to him. Women are rather lazy and shy creatures, afraid of rejection. It is no coincidence that Eliot Rogers looked like a woman, his estrogen levels must have gave him a woman's mind as well. I blame his retardation on xenoestrogens in the environment, as estrogen in its purest form should not cause overall brain quality loss.
I blame it upon an inane American culture.
S.E. London, England, Great Britain, the United Kingdom.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: I started the topic, you asked a question about it. Thus, it became yours.
Hmm ... not really as I don't hold with this alpha/beta stuff with respect to this primate.
Close but no cigar. Humans are chimpanzees. Bonobos are chimpanzees.
Not sure about the Bonobo's but this primate is not a chimp, the chimp and the pygmy chimp, in DNA terms, evolved again after us.
But Bonobos are endangered, due to their non-aggressive nature.
By whom?
So, humans do not embody the spirit of the bonobo at all.
Not what I said, I said they seem closest to us in social behaviour, i.e. everyone shagging everyone else and apparently enjoying it.
Everyone get's someone? Only after years of rejection and isolation, and they usually end up with someone they don't care for.
Not my experience of people.
Though, partially it is because of mental retardation, such as that Eliot Rogers kid expecting women to come to him. Women are rather lazy and shy creatures, afraid of rejection. It is no coincidence that Eliot Rogers looked like a woman, his estrogen levels must have gave him a woman's mind as well. I blame his retardation on xenoestrogens in the environment, as estrogen in its purest form should not cause overall brain quality loss.
I blame it upon an inane American culture.
S.E. London, England, Great Britain, the United Kingdom.
British culture is no better. It's a nanny state, nothing more. Leaders are born into leadership, and they have laws against peasants spreading what they deem dissent against their political beliefs. I'd say it's a step down from the savagery of the animal kingdom, in the animal kingdom at least the leader of the pack is leader because of some quality they provide. The UK has also a poor treatment of other species, from what I hear. I'd say the UK culture most resembles a pack of sheep, lead by snakes. If the snake so chooses, the sheep go on suicidal crusades. If the snake so chooses, it provides the sheep with food and shelter.

But, in the UK nationstate, apparently all is well in the dating game. I don't believe it, but I don't have a firm ground to argue, since I don't live there. My gut says bullshit though.

As for bonobos, wikipedia told me they are endangered. I hope they do not become extinct, since they are likely one of humanities best hopes. Their DNA should serve as insight on how to improve the species. I don't approve of animal testing, so they'll just have to grab the DNA of a bonobo who died without man's interference.

As far as Jesus goes, yeah he was real. Even someone as obnoxiously american as Penn and Teller said so, although in the show it provides more questions than answers. The show states that there were several other people performing miracles at that time. What does it mean? Could it be aliens? Could the laws of physics have changed at that window of time? I wonder if we will ever find the answer.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

One person's alpha is another's omega. It's all pseudoscientific bullshit.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Blaggard wrote:I am an omega male, I really just don't give a fuck for pointless vacillation over who has a big cock or vagina. You're all still cuynts if you really care that much. I am underclass hence of people who just gave up on the whole of humanity because they have some odd idea that being an animal should be lauded, and you can't just be yourself without placing labels on people like some demented pleb.

And anyway what sort of forum suggestion is this: let's cut off the mindless diatribe about how big and special someone thinks they are, and stick it where it belongs: up their arrogant ass, or in the philosophy of the big I am section of this fine forum. ;)
I disagree. I think humans needed to be reminded of their animal nature as much as possible. They seem to think themselves "evolved", and separate from the animals due to their ability to produce wimpy thoughts. Yet with their wimpy thoughts, all they can do is make bigger and better toys for themselves, and don't give a care about anything except their toys.
I think you have been reminded enough. ;)

Humans are little more than hairless apes on that we both agree, but it's the Devil in the details that makes the difference between a chimpanzee and a human. Sure they both appear to be human like, but only humans are that arrogant, immoral and self serving or not. Which is of course the point.

I watched rise of the planet of the Apes recently and it makes the very point that the only difference is that "apes" have not yet learned to kill for no reason, and perhaps more importantly morally justify any sort of killing, and various others, but exposed to mankind for long enough, they probably will learn all our faults.

Interesting concepts in that film.

"Apes do not murder other apes."

Hmmm, really?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Please make a section for "actual philosophy", instead of having all sections infested by all the happy cozy chatters and their nonsense and babble.
I offer myself to mod this section, and I will behave, not swearing and cursing at people. If I do relieve me of my powers.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

A PN Forum Articles Section for would-be relevant article writers - yeah ? 8)
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

My suggestion would be to delete the posts of foul mouth individuals, who persist in high impact visual and verbal obscenities. I don't think these garbage posts are a good advertisement for the magazine. A heavy handed approach in relation to high level coarseness would result in the message eventually sinking in.

If an offended initiated the thread them wipe the entire thread. If the offender is commenting on another person's thread then wipe their comments in their entirety.

Just a suggestion
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.....................................................................................AMEN!

......................................................................................Dennis Hastert
............................................59th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

...oh, oh yeah...what is obscene?

http://i.imgur.com/jrrjske.webm

...what is high level coarseness?

...um, I would assume that these terms are universal?

IF these terms are NOT universal...wouldn't the point of this site, better yet, the point of modern philosophy, be to discuss these very words?

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

You are getting sleepy. Your eyes are getting heavy...

Just a hypnotic suggestion. :lol: (Sorry Rick. I'll try to behave.)
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Ginkgo wrote:My suggestion would be to delete the posts of foul mouth individuals, who persist in high impact visual and verbal obscenities. I don't think these garbage posts are a good advertisement for the magazine. A heavy handed approach in relation to high level coarseness would result in the message eventually sinking in.

If an offended initiated the thread them wipe the entire thread. If the offender is commenting on another person's thread then wipe their comments in their entirety.

Just a suggestion
Rick and his Forum Rules:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13277

This forum has previously operated on a kind of unwritten constitution, but we have recently had to introduce a few basic rules, so it seems only fair to summarise them somewhere easy to find. These rules will be revised as necessary, but we will aim for laconic brevity. Please send suggestions to me or one of the mods (AMod and iMod). Thanks everyone.

Rule 1) Please be nice to one another and attempt to treat each other as adults.

Rule 2) Anyone misusing the PM system to send threatening or aggressive messages to another user will be banned.

Rule 3) Although there may be genuine philosophical and ethical questions regarding sexuality and young people, we do not allow any discussion of such questions anywhere on this forum. Any attempt to do so will result in thread deletions and eventually in permanent bans for those involved. This rule will be strictly enforced.

Rule 4) Members when posting should comply with any requests specific to them which have been made to them by mods or admins. If they fail to do so then they may be banned without further warning.

Rule 5) There is no Rule 5. (so far)

The guiding metaphor of this forum is that this is a pub, where freewheeling discussion is encouraged but troublemakers are thrown out and the landlord has the final say. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub (We regret that this forum is not licensed for the sale of alcoholic beverages).
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Clear out the Suggestions Box.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

The guiding metaphor of this forum is that this is a pub, where freewheeling discussion is encouraged but troublemakers are thrown out and the landlord has the final say. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub (We regret that this forum is not licensed for the sale of alcoholic beverages).
The beer is off.
Troublemakers are spewing up.
Off wiv their heads.