Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: Philosophy Now Forum Suggestions Box

Post by Impenitent »

Socrates didn't have to worry about covid 19... hemlock 19 however...

-Imp
Gutprof

Post by Gutprof »

I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I suggest you ignore Gutprof's suggestion.

Leave everything be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gutprof wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.
Not true. I was soundly reprimanded for being mean to a PCturd.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gutprof wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm I suggest that you discontinue this forum if it's not being used or actively moderated.
Agree, the forum is a total disgrace (which suggests the magazine might be as well).
attofishpi

Environment Discussion

Post by attofishpi »

Hi Rick

Any chance we could get a dedicated discussion area for the environment?

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers
KLewchuk

Post by KLewchuk »

Diversity, Inclusion, and Equality
RickLewis

Re: Environment Discussion

Post by RickLewis »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am Hi Rick

Mankind is facing possibly its greatest challenge to date with its impact on the place we all call home.

Discussion suggestions could include:- Population growth, Capitalist system and it's ethics\responsibility, Political challenges, Climate change, Plastic waste, Clean energy, Water use\allocation etc etc...

Cheers
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've never wanted forum areas to proliferate ad infinitum, but Environmental Philosophy has become a respectable field of philosophy in its own right. It is also crucial to human survival in a way that some areas of philosophy probably aren't, and lots of people want to talk about it. So, fine by me. I'll just compare notes with the moderators, but if they are good with it we'll set this up.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

RickLewis wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Cheers
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've never wanted forum areas to proliferate ad infinitum, but Environmental Philosophy has become a respectable field of philosophy in its own right. It is also crucial to human survival in a way that some areas of philosophy probably aren't, and lots of people want to talk about it. So, fine by me. I'll just compare notes with the moderators, but if they are good with it we'll set this up.
Great suggestion, Attofishpi! Most of what we discuss in here is akin to how many angels can fit on the head of a pin when compared to the stewardship of our planet.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Cheers
Great suggestion, Attofishpi! Most of what we discuss in here is akin to how many angels can fit on the head of a pin when compared to the stewardship of our planet.
Ya cheers :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Cheers
Well here's hoping... :)

...and i'll stop posting nasty threads - the 'dumb americans' one in the lounge area can be deleted if you blokes are ok to do so - drunk angry atto sorry. :oops:
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Sorry I've not been around for a bit. Anyway, AMod and iMod and I all agree that a discussion area for the environment is a good idea - thanks - so we'll go ahead and set one up shortly.

Yes... was going to delete your "dumb Americans" thread but I like that one post by Luxin in the thread so have hesitated. I'll find a solution.

(NOTE: When I first typed "I'll find a solution" above, I hit one wrong key and my words immediately autocorrected to "I'll find absolution". Not sure what to make of that.)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

RickLewis wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 pm Sorry I've not been around for a bit. Anyway, AMod and iMod and I all agree that a discussion area for the environment is a good idea - thanks - so we'll go ahead and set one up shortly.

Yes... was going to delete your "dumb Americans" thread but I like that one post by Luxin in the thread so have hesitated. I'll find a solution.

(NOTE: When I first typed "I'll find a solution" above, I hit one wrong key and my words immediately autocorrected to "I'll find absolution". Not sure what to make of that.)
GOLD.

:D

My next suggestion is to delete thread spammer accounts that post twaddle, after you have found absolution of course! :wink:
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 am
Agree, the forum is a total disgrace (which suggests the magazine might be as well).
That's hilarious, Atla. You've made almost 3,000 posts on this forum despite it being a "total disgrace" and apparently (judging by your words "which suggests") you haven't even glanced at the magazine that pays for and runs the forum you enjoy.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/freeloader
Atla

Post by Atla »

Last edited by Atla on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.