Where is the philosophy???

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Pattern-chaser
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:58 am

Where is the philosophy???

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Pattern-chaser wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:48 pm ...
I see ego, anger, contempt and ill-will, personal insults, and so on.
...
More to the point, I see no philosophy.
...
I'm puzzled that the moderators here don't, er, moderate such behaviour.
Age wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:02 am LOL
LOL
LOL

Just because you made the CLAIM that you see 'such behavior', this does NOT mean 'such behavior' EXISTS. And, the FACT that you HAVE NOT and WILL NOT provide ANY supporting evidence for what you CLAIM to 'see', is just MORE supporting PROOF that what you 'see' does NOT even exist anyway.

Oh, and by the way, the reason WHY most posters are STILL HERE in this forum is because this IS a relatively 'free of speech' website. Just about ANY thing can be said and written and it will NOT be moderated.
I came to this forum hoping to find philosophical discussion. Having read Philosophy Now since its inception, I am disappointed in the almost-complete lack of philosophy, and discussion. Instead, there is conflict, abuse, argument by assertion, and other childishness. I've wasted my (very short) time here; I'm off to find some grown-ups to talk to about philosophy.

Fare well.
Age
Posts: 12683
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Age »

Pattern-chaser wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:48 pm ...
I see ego, anger, contempt and ill-will, personal insults, and so on.
...
More to the point, I see no philosophy.
...
I'm puzzled that the moderators here don't, er, moderate such behaviour.
Age wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:02 am LOL
LOL
LOL

Just because you made the CLAIM that you see 'such behavior', this does NOT mean 'such behavior' EXISTS. And, the FACT that you HAVE NOT and WILL NOT provide ANY supporting evidence for what you CLAIM to 'see', is just MORE supporting PROOF that what you 'see' does NOT even exist anyway.

Oh, and by the way, the reason WHY most posters are STILL HERE in this forum is because this IS a relatively 'free of speech' website. Just about ANY thing can be said and written and it will NOT be moderated.
I came to this forum hoping to find philosophical discussion. Having read Philosophy Now since its inception, I am disappointed in the almost-complete lack of philosophy, and discussion. Instead, there is conflict, abuse, argument by assertion, and other childishness. I've wasted my (very short) time here; I'm off to find some grown-ups to talk to about philosophy.

Fare well.
So, which one is it, EXACTLY?

Did you want to find 'philosophical discussion', OR, did you want to talk 'about philosophy'?

What does the word 'philosophy' even mean, or refer to, to you, EXACTLY?

Oh, and by the way, 'you', so-called 'grown up adult human beings, have been discussing a lot of these discussions in this forum for millennia now, without ANY real success AT ALL. So, good luck in finding some 'grown-up' to talk to about 'philosophy'.
Walker
Posts: 11173
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Walker »

Pattern-chaser wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 pm I came to this forum hoping to find philosophical discussion. Having read Philosophy Now since its inception, I am disappointed in the almost-complete lack of philosophy, and discussion. Instead, there is conflict, abuse, argument by assertion, and other childishness. I've wasted my (very short) time here; I'm off to find some grown-ups to talk to about philosophy.

Fare well.
It's rather amazing, isn't it.
Where will you find the grown-ups to talk to about philosophy?

One would think that pookas and patterns go together like a hand and glove.
Walker
Posts: 11173
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Walker »

“We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.”
- Gandhi
https://www.professorbuzzkill.com/gandh ... the-world/

Comment: That's quite the statement of causation, however aging is the proof. The Prince becomes King Lear, the happiness in misery is found within the philosophical awareness when one has indeed become Lear.
Walker
Posts: 11173
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Walker »

Pattern-chaser wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 pm I came to this forum hoping to find philosophical discussion.
It’s kind of funny that those who say reincarnation is hokum can’t remember an intense dream within minutes of awakening, although the emotional intensity itself might linger and dissipate into the waking life. So the past engaging life of the dream is forgotten almost immediately after the next life, the waking life, commences.

This is interesting in a more universal, philosophical sense because I have it on good authority, take my word for it, that karmic entangling by any other name is attachment to emotional involvement. One can get as emotional as proclivities and chemistry demand, but attachment is the key.

Such attachment to the transitory as if it were permanent via emotions which are not permanent, creates repeatable patterns of behavior that reinforces the karmic entanglement that will always linger in timeless potentiality, manifesting in various repeatable illusions of the big picture, shaped by limitations of form, and shaped by corruption of what the limitations allow. Fortunately for humans, we have great access to the mind sense, more than plants and animals.

Of course reading mere assertions rather than a proven, if not demonstrable, unified field theory of all things known and unknown may entail dialogue that requires presence to make observations of whatever sparks attention, and ideally those observations would build on the framing rather than tear up the blueprints with side-bar questions about the drawing board.
Iwannaplato
Posts: 1317
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:39 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 pm I came to this forum hoping to find philosophical discussion.
It’s kind of funny that those who say reincarnation is hokum can’t remember an intense dream within minutes of awakening,
Nice
Post Reply