Search found 9168 matches

by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: the easy problem of consciousness
Replies: 43
Views: 342

Re: the easy problem of consciousness

It also doesn't imply that they ARE. It could just as well be that the mathematical insights are producing the neural activity, or that the consciousness is generating the insights AND the neural activity. That's the point of the analogy: we can't straightforwardly deduce cause from correspondence....
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:57 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

The problem is that someone died in custody while being restrained. That is a problem no matter what the cause. Okay. But for whom is it a problem? Is it a problem for fentanyl users? Or criminals? Is it a problem for a society? Is it a police problem? Is it a race problem? Is it a parenting proble...
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Skepdick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:29 pm But...
Sorry, Skep. I've completely lost interest.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: the easy problem of consciousness
Replies: 43
Views: 342

Re: the easy problem of consciousness

It also doesn't imply that they ARE.

It could just as well be that the mathematical insights are producing the neural activity, or that the consciousness is generating the insights AND the neural activity.

That's the point of the analogy: we can't straightforwardly deduce cause from correspondence.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

There is a problem. A man in the custody of law enforcement died while law enforcement was applying force to the man. That’s a problem. Okay. Let's start there. WHY did he die? Because his brain was deprived of oxygen. What deprived his brain of oxygen? Was he in respiratory arrest, and did he clai...
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:37 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 pm There is a problem.

A man in the custody of law enforcement died while law enforcement was applying force to the man.

That’s a problem.
Okay. Let's start there.

WHY did he die?
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:22 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: special interests in socialism
Replies: 83
Views: 590

Re: Socialism is the solution: no, it's not

Skepdick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:21 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:57 pm There are no "shares" in a company run by Socialism. There are no "investors." There are no "dividends." There's only the State and what it decides the worker gets.
You are allowed to be wrong.
Good. Bye.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:22 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Skepdick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:20 pm Your willingness
Deflection.

Last call for your evidence.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:21 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

yeah, I don't care, skep you make me so tired I just don't care I can't help you there. I showed it to you. I can't understand it for you. Notice: he's not presenting his alleged evidence. He's trying to tussle again, instead, so he won't have to say anything cogent. And now I will venture an estim...
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: the easy problem of consciousness
Replies: 43
Views: 342

Re: the easy problem of consciousness

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:11 pm despite others turnin' their nose up at it, the followin' seems germane...
https://mindmatters.ai/2020/02/why-pion ... the-brain/
It is, indeed.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: What causes muslims to be violent
Replies: 425
Views: 4879

Re: What causes muslims to be violent

It is about Islam and Muslims wherever they are. As a practical problem there is no question social psychologists and law makers will be aware of faults in the ideology of Islam which , if Muslims regard these faults as radical to their faith, lead to atrocities. Well, here's something very interes...
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:07 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

he's a tussle-junkie Too bad. He doesn't always seem incapable of rational discussion. He has moments of insight. But they go away quickly, because as you say, he's addicted to just being contrary. He must feel he needs the attention, or something. He's not helping advance any thought process.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: special interests in socialism
Replies: 83
Views: 590

Re: Socialism is the solution: no, it's not

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:01 pm guy, he knows...he's just runnin' another mindscrew...arguin' just argue
You're right. That's what he does.
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:58 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters
Replies: 304
Views: 2020

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Skepdick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:54 pm Where is your "evidence"?
Whatever convinced you to spend your time/money/attention on a maybe-problem.
Deflection.

Where's your "evidence"?
by Immanuel Can
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:57 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: special interests in socialism
Replies: 83
Views: 590

Re: Socialism is the solution: no, it's not

You affirm Socialism. But there will be "no shareholding." Yet workers get "shares" in your companies. :shock: Indeed. I confirm collective ownership in the means of production. Shareholding. You seem to be having trouble understanding. When you understand you'll be less shocked. Nope, I'm not havi...