Search found 4062 matches

by Harbal
Sun May 19, 2019 11:17 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Pregnant man

Walker wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:52 am
Here’s a confusing article of pronoun chaos.

Nurse mistakes pregnant transgender man as obese. Then, the man births a stillborn baby
Yes, I think I saw this in one of the tabloids, headlined, "Fatty has miscarriage in gender mixup".
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

Here, in the US, certain states would make it so a baby can be aborted right before delivery. I would draw the line well before then, henry, but it is not my place to draw it anywhere, although I can see why the law has to. Like you, I have an opinion, but I don't think I have a right to impose tha...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

As I say: in the absence of an answer as to when meat in the womb becomes a person, it's wise to err safely and assume a woman carries a person through most of her pregnancy. But all countries that allow abortion set time limits on it, henry. It's all very well you erring safely, henry, but you are...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 10:19 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

henry quirk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:16 pm

What generally happens to folks who do such things (kill innocents)?
They are held to account by the law, henry.
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 9:54 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:46 pm
You mean like in Sharia Law? Yes, they do think that. And they are wrong.
But they are acting in accordance with what they believe to be God's wishes, and they think you are wrong. Now why would God make it perfectly clear to you what is right, but not make it clear to them?
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

And that's rational with my assumption that God exists, His standards are the ones that ultimately judge laws, and He defines what qualifies as "murder." That would be fine if there were universal acceptance of what God's standards are. Some people think that God wants them to kill innocent people ...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 9:19 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

henry quirk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:14 pm
If she's disposing of 'meat' I'm happy and relieved to leave her to it.

But if she's killing a person?
It's what she thinks that is important, not what you think. She will have to live with the consequences long after you have forgotten about it.
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 9:17 pm
Forum: Philosophical Counselling
Topic: I dont fully understand how to apply the second step of the socratic method, PLEASE HELP!
Replies: 15
Views: 1034

Re: I dont fully understand how to apply the second step of the socratic method, PLEASE HELP!

I have decided to use a Socratic method youtube video to find or discover my life's purpose however I just don't understand how to do the second step so I cant go any further with this until I do. Could you perhaps provide a different way of saying how to do step 2? is step 2 just asking you to for...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello Everyone
Replies: 7
Views: 607

Re: Hello Everyone

anonymous66 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:28 am
Ethics- I like arguments
Then you are half way there. Now all you need do is develop a liking for using foul language in your arguments and you're ready to go.
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

henry quirk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 pm


Me too. I'm equally uncomfortable with a baby gettin' killed cuz mom doesn't want it.

How does one balance between the two?

Perhaps leaving it for the woman concerned (mom) to decide would be the sensible way, henry.
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

So: mebbe the litmus test might be the presence of a significant nervous system/brain. If so: we might say person-hood begins at four weeks after conception. Yes, there is a time limit beyond which I would feel it wrong to terminate the pregnancy; where exactly that limit would be, I don't know. Bu...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

That means that the person who advocates abortion is taking the risk of committing murder, and knows full well she does not know for sure that she is not murdering a person, so she may well be murdering. But the woman who does not have an abortion kills no one, and in fact helps one to live. So it'...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 5:52 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

Do you also believe that slaves belong to their masters? Because that's the implication of the question you've begged What is the similarity between a slaves relationship to his master and an embryo's to its mother? : "Is the child an individual human person, or not?" Up to a certain stage of devel...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 4:38 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

The only question is: At what point during pregnancy does what a woman carry become a person? I don't know, but I personally think there is a period at the beginning of pregnancy when it is not appropriate to say the foetus has rights. The moral validity of that belief can never be anything other t...
by Harbal
Sat May 18, 2019 5:47 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 569
Views: 13014

Re: Harbal

You wrote: The morality of abortion is a subjective issue If I slice a bed-ridden old man to death for no reason 'cept I could and wanted to: is that a subjective issue? You wrote: The relevant question is whether people who are against it (abortion) have the right to interfere in the lives of thos...