Search found 584 matches

by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

You asked for a specific example. I gave you an excellent one. You ignored it. What I said was: It would be fair to describe "Environmentali sm " as irrational if you could demonstrate that environmentalists promote strategies or technologies they know to be harmful to the environment. Do you mean ...
by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

Well, there are two possibilities: either the do know that they are damaging the environment, or they don't know it. So they could be acting in bad faith, or just in ignorance. Not being in their brains, I couldn't say which it is. But I'd be very surprised if they all are ignorant of the facts. Th...
by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:24 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!
Replies: 422
Views: 3938

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

They're only "morally equivalent" on my view in that there's no moral responsibility in either case. I'm of the view that speech does not cause subsequent action. That would only be the case if we're talking about a device that is triggered by speech (for example, if we were talking about an Alexa ...
by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:18 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!
Replies: 422
Views: 3938

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

This, however, isn't something I'd say. Trump's comments have something to do with the Capitol incident in a manner with similarities to Salinger's Catcher in the Rye having something to do with John Lennon's death. We can't say that the latter had nothing to do with Lennon's death, because in Chap...
by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:04 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 2
Replies: 69
Views: 538

Re: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 2

Belinda wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:50 pmEven I understand it is because God so loved the world that He incarnated into it in order to rescue us.
Can you really explain why, in order to rescue us from his wrath, God had to subject himself to our wrath?
by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:55 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

So I want environmental management to succeed...but Environmentali sm is something quite different: it's a kind of irrational ideology. And you can see it's irrational, because it embraces "solutions" that are actually harmful to the environment, and declares them "green." In other words, I don't b...
by tillingborn
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:25 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: powell's kraken?
Replies: 47
Views: 741

Re: powell's kraken?

We received a lengthy letter from Dominion's defamation lawyers explaining why they believe that their client has been the victim of defamatory statements. Having considered the full import of the letter, we have agreed to their request that we publish the following statement: reads less like mea c...
by tillingborn
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

Burning fossil fuels is one of several drivers towards apocalypse. Economic growth must cease in order to avoid apocalypse. Mannie is right about womens' empowerment and contraception. However that is one of several ways we can curb economic growth. Capitalism is another institution that must be li...
by tillingborn
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

You just want environmentalism to fail. Too easy. Wouldn't it be convenient if that were true? Unfortunately for you, Gary, it's not. It isn't that Immanuel Can wants environmentalism to fail so much as he believes it is God's plan for it to fail. But the most telling of all is Biblical prophecy. I...
by tillingborn
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:12 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

Perhaps having read again what I clearly said I expect, you might appreciate that I do not see it simply as left and right in the way you apparently do. Yeah, okay. :roll: Just for context, here it is again: No, I expect a spectrum of out and out lies and denial on one side, blending into partisans...
by tillingborn
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

Walker wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:43 amDefinition of doublespeak
: language used to deceive usually through concealment or misrepresentation of truth
The irony of a definition of doublespeak is lost on you, isn't it Walker?
by tillingborn
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 am
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!
Replies: 422
Views: 3938

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:13 pmSave the crap talk. It insults my intelligence.
No it doesn't.
by tillingborn
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:20 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

You appear to use "liberal-biased organizations" and "the Leftist press" interchangeably. Don't you make any distinction? You don't. You say that all you expect from either side is bias. I't's your premise. It isn't. I spelled out exactly what I expect: No, I expect a spectrum of out and out lies a...
by tillingborn
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:35 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

Impenitent wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:30 amand your love for big brother is touching

finis

-Imp
It is you that uses doublespeak.
by tillingborn
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:29 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: American election.
Replies: 1159
Views: 17858

Re: American election.

Impenitent wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:26 pm
tillingborn wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:52 pm This is doublespeak. Do you think 1984 was meant as a handbook?
American democrats do

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1crfjs

-Imp
Do you honestly think that is worth caring about?