Search found 2060 matches

by Greatest I am
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:08 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?
Replies: 84
Views: 644

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 am
Bodycentric orientation is a shallow, perhaps even irrelevant, basis for philosophy, which is about the mind.
I will take that as a yes to the question.

Regards
DL
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:21 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

You are talking about mitigating her lose. It does not negate that she lost the competition. The point is this: the mere fact of having not won a competition does not make one a "victim." To suggest it does would be absurd, because counter cases abound. For instance, in some situations, many people...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Only a fool would think that there is just one true right way. Agreed. Now if only you could remember that when you're arrogantly spouting what you think the truth is. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt Sounds good, doesn't it? Of ...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

When you lose at a competition, do you feel good about it, or do you think evil has befallen you? "Befallen"? What a desperate and sad word that is! You would have the second woman tell herself that her lack of promotion "befell" her? You'd tell her it was nothing to do with her choices? :shock: If...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

When competing in a triathlon, all but one person will win. Is DL going to suggest that this makes all the wealthy and eager participants, who for the sake of winning fine-tuned their bodies to a peak fitness, a bunch of "victims"? :shock: As compared to those who fine tuned their bodies better, ye...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

"I equate competition with evil because that creates a loser or victim." You are saying evil CREATES. And, to your point, a "loser" is not the same as a "victim." There are plenty of people who "lose" things, who are very far from being victims. When competing in a triathlon, all but one person wil...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:01 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why you are laughing. It is what YOU said, not me. Show where I used the term, volition before you put it into the conversation. Regards DL "I equate competition with evil because that creates a loser or victim." You are saying evil CREATES. No. I am saying competition creates. Evil is...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Sculptor wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 pm

I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick that disable my ad-blocker to read shite from a religious apolgist.

No YOU are on the wrong Forum, THIS IS PHILOSPHY.
Philosophy of Religion.

Thanks for the chat.

Regards
DL
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

QED. Evil as a force of nature with its own volition. This is what I was talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If evil has volition, then so does good, yet you do not see them fighting. I'm not sure why you are laughing. It is what YOU said, not me. Show where I used the term, volition before you ...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Sculptor wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 pm

I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick that disable my ad-blocker to read shite from a religious apolgist.

Then perhaps you are in the wrong forum.

I see myself partially as a religious apologist so I guess we wont chat again.

Regards
DL
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

I equate competition with evil because that creates a loser or victim. Regards DL QED. Evil as a force of nature with its own volition. This is what I was talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If evil has volition, then so does good, yet you do not see them fighting. You might want to get out of s...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:57 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Depends. The Old Testament validates all those human crimes you mention. And since JC validates the scriptures the evil in there. Intentionally, as the book was written to spark debates and discussions DL LOL Says who? This first link and the author's well researched writing ,as well as other writi...
by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

by Greatest I am
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: EVIL!!!!!!!!
Replies: 149
Views: 1086

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

[ And insomuch as one strays from the old adage; "to thine own self be true"; one tends towards evil. What do you say about that? I disagree as I show above that cooperation or doing good is our default position and we do not tend towards evil. Regards DL I understand your objection. On what basis ...