Search found 4048 matches

by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:47 pm
Forum: Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics
Topic: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics
Replies: 260
Views: 3988

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

So one can be moral and lie if truth is not connected to morality at all? If you don't know what truth is you don't know what lying is either. Suffice to say that I am not lying - you are just misinterpreting what I am saying as a lie. Which (I guess) makes you paranoid. Are you moral or immoral......
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:44 pm
Forum: Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics
Topic: Further demonstration the law of identity is broken (Sophists welcome)
Replies: 84
Views: 1056

Re: Further demonstration the law of identity is broken (Sophists welcome)

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:12 pm
When it is reduced to the logical be all and end all, it results in a self contradictory state.
How is that possible when I demonstrated contradictions don't exist.

You must be making stuff up surely.
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:42 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?
Replies: 960
Views: 8729

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

So what you are saying is that people are tools to be used?[/color] Is that how you interpret it? If the shoe fits - wear it. Because philosophy cannot be limited to programming. So the games philosophers play - you don't think they have a purpose? An end-goal? OK :) I know...I also think you are l...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:47 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm
My point was that if we did not have free will we could do what was morally right all the time
And who wold decide what is morally right?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm
Having free will therefore does not guarantee we will always choose wisely when ever we can
Mostly is better than never....
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Dogma: A new perspective.
Replies: 12
Views: 220

Re: Dogma: A new perspective.

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:42 pm
No, because I don't consider me putting a gear into 1st instead of 3rd when attempting to move a car from a stationary position as symbiosis.
Get an automatic...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Dogma: A new perspective.
Replies: 12
Views: 220

Re: Dogma: A new perspective.

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:20 pm
Ya, but it ain't. ...and I see no intelligence in a machine.
But do you see intelligence in man-machine symbiosis?

If I outsource (some) of my thinking to a machine (and I do), and I can correct errors faster and more permanently...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:15 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

I never said or even implied that and dont accept it for a second - what a ridiculous thing to say The default position should be that we individually and collectively constantly strive to improve I however can only improve myself so what others do is beyond my jurisdiction as long as no one impose...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:12 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

But if everyone agrees that murder is wrong then why does this not equally apply to all morally questionable actions ? Because some moral issues are more complex than murder and so require a greater length discourse. And maybe even multiple dialectics until settled. For if there was universal agree...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:08 pm
I am discussing morality while you are discussing murder so we cannot agree
You don't think murder is a moral concern? Fine.
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

Can you provide a sound reason for the moral justification of free choice here ? Your own words: That depends on intention and also whether or not consent was involved You are using consent (free will) to draw distinctions. If consent - then it's assisted suicide/euthanasia. If no consent - then it...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:49 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

How can we demonstrate logically that one is definitely right and one is definitely wrong and which would it be ? Can we actually demonstrate this ? What answer would a machine that did not understand human morality give ? Define "definitely". 100% certain? There's no room for idealism in this univ...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

Yes I can but even if I could not your argument would still be fallacious Then do it! Falsification requires just one example. Just one black swan! For in order to demonstrate that morality is not subjective it would always have to be objective That is to say that in every single possible example t...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:50 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound
Replies: 106
Views: 1602

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

Arising_uk wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:49 pm
When the only way to escape my abusive captor is to murder them?
Self-defence is not murder.

Unless, of course - you live in a fucked up country like the UK where personhood means nothing, and self-defence is not a constitutional human right :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:32 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: The Law of Identity
Replies: 178
Views: 2218

Re: The Law of Identity

I don't know what you mean. The irony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How is it that you know what others mean by the "law of identity", but you don't know what I mean when I challenge your conception of "meaning"? Trump doesn't know how to define existence. So he doesn't exist. Strawman. If I define "exis...
by Logik
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:17 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Pyramids of the Ancient Pre-Socratics as a Physicalization of Abstract Philosophical Theory
Replies: 144
Views: 2041

Re: Pyramids of the Ancient Pre-Socratics as a Physicalization of Abstract Philosophical Theory

Fair enough. Add someone with an EM detector as a controller then as JohnD's claim is that his dowsing rods detect EM energy being 'warped' by his 'objects'. Indeed. With the fine print that if you are base-lining against 0% you need to take the EM detector and invert its results. e.g it needs to b...