Search found 940 matches

by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: A discussion of the criteria you believe an ethical theory is supposed to have
Replies: 22
Views: 3843

Re: A discussion of the criteria you believe an ethical theory is supposed to have

So it turns out that you independently hit upon a crucial idea, namely that criminals (including hitmen and other murderers) are all unethical because they are selfish. For selfishness is the opposite of morality and living ethically. I actually wasn't saying that selfishness is necessarily immoral...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Killed Anything Today?
Replies: 170
Views: 26897

Re: Killed Anything Today?

I have a more personal problem with hunting, although I realize this is mostly irrational since I'm not a vegetarian myself or anything, and a lot of the times, hunting is a more humane way for these animals to die than the meat factories. For me, It's more about what I think of the person who is w...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Replies: 41
Views: 7866

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

I implied that I would choose to cure everyone, if I kept my current psychology and mindset as a god. Then you show a superior morality as compared to Yahweh. Like Gnostic Christians and Karaite Jews, you show why we put man above Yahweh because of our superior morality. Because I think his moralit...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:35 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Killed Anything Today?
Replies: 170
Views: 26897

Re: Killed Anything Today?

I have a more personal problem with hunting, although I realize this is mostly irrational since I'm not a vegetarian myself or anything, and a lot of the times, hunting is a more humane way for these animals to die than the meat factories. For me, It's more about what I think of the person who is wi...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: A discussion of the criteria you believe an ethical theory is supposed to have
Replies: 22
Views: 3843

Re: A discussion of the criteria you believe an ethical theory is supposed to have

I appreciate that you took the time to do some reading. You focused in on a weak argument, and you found something wrong. The idea that a murderer is 'a living contradiction' did not resonate with you. My point is that one who murders has incongruous values. You don't believe so. Okay. Thank you fo...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:57 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Important notice to everyone
Replies: 49
Views: 7661

Re: Important notice to everyone

MozartLink wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 am
I think there are abstract values out there. For example, there could be things in this world that are objectively good and bad.
What determines what is objectively good and bad?
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Replies: 41
Views: 7866

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

I implied that I would choose to cure everyone, if I kept my current psychology and mindset as a god.
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:38 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: A discussion of the criteria you believe an ethical theory is supposed to have
Replies: 22
Views: 3843

Re: A discussion of the criteria you believe an ethical theory is supposed to have

No one was attempting to convince you it is the same. The term "morality" in the new paradigm for Ethics means something akin to authenticity; it is defined in the system in a very dynamic sense as meaning " one's conduct increasingly matching one's belief system (with regard to moral standards), a...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Replies: 41
Views: 7866

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

So this is where we're at

>You have moral senses
>God has moral senses
>You say Gods moral senses are incorrect
>God says your moral senses are incorrect

Why should I believe you over him?
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Replies: 41
Views: 7866

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Of course it is personal. I can show that even your morality is above bible God's. Prove it yourself with an answer to to simple question. Would you kill, even to the level of genocide if you had the option of curing instead of killing? Regards DL It's not about what we would do if we were gods. We...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Replies: 41
Views: 7866

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Hogwash. This follows natural law which is what got you here. If you have a philosophical argument against, then put it. A denial without apology is just hypocrisy in my book as it tries to kill the apology given to the idea without showing the weapon. We aren't dealing with nature, we're talking a...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:51 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: What is the point to worshipping God?
Replies: 38
Views: 7847

Re: What is the point to worshipping God?

Dontaskme wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:27 am
I'm neither a theist, nor an atheist, I'm a 'not a thing'. . . and I'm not even a 'not a thing' in deep sleep.
I'm surprised your mom lets you use this site.
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:46 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
Replies: 41
Views: 7866

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. My moral sense tells me that a son should bury his father and if a father chose the opposite when there is no need to, and has his son die before he does, then he is not a worthy father...
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 am
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Should women be spanked if they want it?
Replies: 12
Views: 1914

Re: Should women be spanked if they want it?

Yes of course it's fine. As long as they consent, anything goes in the bedroom, within reason. I mean, if someone is getting turned on by the thought of having a loaded gun to their head while getting romped, that's a little too reckless.
by Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:55 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Important notice to everyone
Replies: 49
Views: 7661

Re: Important notice to everyone

MozartLink wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:18 pm
MozartLink wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm


Exactly.
So communism is of good value/worth.
Only to the individual who feels good from that. As for someone who feels bad from that, it would be of bad value to that individual.
So how do we get an objective measurement of what is good and what is bad? Or we can't?