Search found 2869 matches

by Belinda
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Science
Topic: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant
Replies: 207
Views: 3077

Re: Effect of human activity on climate change is insignificant

so ya, you are full of it. Another one who can't separate concepts from the personal. Climate changed before man. Climate changes during man. Climate will change after man. This is not because of mankind’s activities on the earf, so keep your hands out of my pocket. This much I agree with , Walker....
by Belinda
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Each reality on my list is caused but existence is cause of itself, "Cause" is not an apt word, in reference to God. That which has no beginning obviously cannot be said to have a "cause," or even a "self-cause." Better to say that God is "the necessary Being." That is to say, He necessarily exists...
by Belinda
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:19 am
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN
Replies: 136
Views: 3058

Re: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN

Adil Salahi | Arab News God describes the stupidity of hypocrites in the following terms: “They seek to deceive God and the believers, but they are only deceiving themselves, though they may not realize it. There is sickness in their hearts, and God has aggravated their sickness.” (2: 9-10) Defining...
by Belinda
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 am
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Immanuel, there are several sorts of reality. Really? :wink: What do you mean by "there are," since you claim "existing" is a difficult concept? :shock: Realities are multiple but existence is whole and unique. Realities are conceptual but existence itself is not caused by concepts. Each reality on...
by Belinda
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Immanuel, there are several sorts of reality. Which of them do you think applies to God, and which to existence? Tick all that you think apply, and add more if your need them. Social reality Symbolic reality Phenomenal reality Holistic reality Linguistic reality Noumenal reality Physical reality Psy...
by Belinda
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:40 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Immanuel, existence and transcendence of existence are not attributes. I cannot educate you about how our world is temporal and relative and not eternal. Look at your Old Testament and see how the Prophets introduced intention into the older morality of specified punishments and specified sins/crimes.
by Belinda
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:37 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

You claim God exists. But He doesn't exist, because He transcends existence. I think you're packing into the word "exists" implications it doesn't have. And you've got a contradiction there, because you predicate "transcendence" of God, but you can't predicate anything of a thing that simply does n...
by Belinda
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:02 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

It's mistake to lump God in with existence like other things that exist only better in every way. I'm not sure I can understand the syntax of this line. You claim God exists. But He doesn't exist, because He transcends existence. God is not bigger, or better, or stronger, or more enduring, or more ...
by Belinda
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:19 am
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Human effort would indeed be one way. But why would we think it was the ONLY way? I think it's the only way because man seems to be the only creature that has the sort of moral ability to do so to any significant extent. You would suppose God lacked "moral ability"? Or that He did not have any "to ...
by Belinda
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN
Replies: 136
Views: 3058

Re: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN

Interpreting the results of WWII ain't so difficult.

In the event Hitler was not to be appeased . Ali Khamenei is not Hitler nor like Hitler, and diplomacy to reinstate observance of international law is best.
by Belinda
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:32 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 pm
Belinda wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm
How can God ameliorate suffering if not by human efforts?
Human effort would indeed be one way. But why would we think it was the ONLY way?
I think it's the only way because man seems to be the only creature that has the sort of moral ability to do so to any significant extent.
by Belinda
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:22 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN
Replies: 136
Views: 3058

Re: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN

Walker wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:15 pm
History is written by results, not intent.

Action defines.

Results, however evidence based they be , are variously interpreted.

If Trump manages to avert total war with Iran over tankers in the Strait of Hormuz his intervention will be diplomatic not jingoistic.
by Belinda
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !
Replies: 278
Views: 4386

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Immanuel Can wrote: Well, the Social Justice ideologies require that we human beings must assert our concept of justice NOW, here, in this life, using the mechanisms of political action, or there will BE no justice...that's their core point. Christians and Jews do not assert that justice is achieved...
by Belinda
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:10 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN
Replies: 136
Views: 3058

Re: A ROLE MODEL FOR WOMEN

Walker wrote:
quite unlike the weak British Neville Chamberland whose message of "please don't hurt us," was comprehended loud and clear.
Neville Chamberlain was not weak but a clever and hard working statesman who tried to stem Hitler's rush to war.
by Belinda
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 691
Views: 12259

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

The right wing in Europe and the US and politicised communists are not poles apart they join hands in spirit. The spirit of totalitarianism defends the regime against the people. Dictators have sneaky ways of hiding their fangs. The latest Trumpist move against the poorer sort of women is populist. ...