Search found 3071 matches

by bahman
Thu May 21, 2020 8:00 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Mind has no location
Replies: 32
Views: 438

Re: Mind has no location

Harbal wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm
they have no location.
You'll just have to keep looking until you find it then, bahman.
I let you know when I find it.
Harbal wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm
I seem to remember it's quite a while since yours went missing.
I am quite active!
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 pm
Forum: Epistemology - Theory of Knowledge
Topic: Certain Knowledge
Replies: 33
Views: 541

Re: Certain Knowledge

Certain knowledge: We are interacting minds. The interaction is due to existence of a medium so-called matter. The mind is the essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide, and cause. It has a memory too. It constantly processes its memory.
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Mind has no location
Replies: 32
Views: 438

Re: Mind has no location

In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location. Location implies a place that is known to exist. In this case the 'Mind' That is the position of experience, not mind. So this 'mind thing' can only...
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi to all
Replies: 4
Views: 155

Re: Hi to all

Flora wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:17 am
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:25 pm
What you say sounds very interesting Flora so I would really like to see you share your ideas as much as possible
I therefore hope you will stay here and become an active member rather than leave after a few posts like some
Thanks surreptitious57
bahman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:51 am
Hi Hi.
Hi 😊
:mrgreen:
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Free agent cannot be created
Replies: 178
Views: 6736

Re: Free agent cannot be created

I have an argument against emergence if you mean that. I can provide it if you are interested. Your deterministic model already proves that emergence is impossible without a supernatural or qualia-type substance interacting with matter. Yes, the emergence is impossible. And yes, minds are needed to...
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Free agent cannot be created
Replies: 178
Views: 6736

Re: Free agent cannot be created

Ok, the equation is as following: i*(d/dt)Psi(r,t)= H Psi(r,t). i is square root of minus one. (d/dt) is the time derivative. r is the position. Psi(r,t) is the wave function. And H is the Hamiltonian operator. Psi(t) is a complex function and its norm squared gives the chance of finding a particle...
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 5:51 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi to all
Replies: 4
Views: 155

Re: Hi to all

Hi Hi.
by bahman
Tue May 19, 2020 5:40 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Super new here
Replies: 1
Views: 72

Re: Super new here

Welcome to the forum.
by bahman
Sun May 17, 2020 8:51 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Reality
Replies: 5
Views: 161

Re: Reality

Reality is made of minds and ideas. We cannot deny the existence of ideas and their motion. They come and go. They, however, become more coherent over time. This means that they are processed. Here we have two options: 1) The process is due to nothing or 2) The process is due to something (a thing ...
by bahman
Sat May 16, 2020 11:01 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Reality
Replies: 5
Views: 161

Re: Reality

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 pm
All thoughts or ideas are from a scientific perspective electro chemical signalling occurring within the brain
The brain is the physical organ and the mind is the process that enables it to function at all its various levels
The mind is not the process. It is the one that does the process.
by bahman
Sat May 16, 2020 11:01 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Reality
Replies: 5
Views: 161

Re: Reality

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 pm
All thoughts or ideas are from a scientific perspective electro chemical signalling occurring within the brain
The brain is the physical organ and the mind is the process that enables it to function at all its various levels
The mind is not the process. It is the one that does the process.
by bahman
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Mind has no location
Replies: 32
Views: 438

Mind has no location

In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
by bahman
Thu May 14, 2020 10:14 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: God and COVID-19
Replies: 277
Views: 19200

Re: God and COVID-19

After reading about some of the horror stories going on in New York and other places in the world from COVID-19 right now--people drowning in their own blood-filled lungs, medical personnel getting sick while trying to help others--it really makes me wonder what kind of "god" presides over such hor...
by bahman
Thu May 14, 2020 9:48 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?
Replies: 98
Views: 1061

Re: Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh? I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Jesus seems unaware that he was God. What did Jesus mean by forsaken? The usual definition means abandoned or deserted. How can one abandon or desert themse...
by bahman
Thu May 14, 2020 8:42 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: Free agent cannot be created
Replies: 178
Views: 6736

Re: Free agent cannot be created

How do you get to the impossiblity of a free agent getting created by a deterministic movement structure? It happens. All the time. If your argument is a priori, then you must show where and why it is impossible. Because the behavior of a system made of parts that each part behaves deterministicall...