Search found 3504 matches

by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:06 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Silly Religion
Replies: 208
Views: 2128

Re: claims

henry quirk wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:00 pm
The theist sez 'there is a god'. Is this a claim?

The atheist sez 'there is no god'. Is this a claim?
Some atheists say "what god"? Is that a claim?
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: What is the highest principle?
Replies: 199
Views: 1387

Re: What is the highest principle?

Because best intentions is all we, humans have. We are still incompetent in the face of navigating complex reality. So, what's your point? Are you going to argue with any answer? Maybe especially "LOVE" because you can only perceive it as a shallow and flawed idea/version? Like I said, limitations ...
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:49 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Silly Religion
Replies: 208
Views: 2128

Re: Silly Religion

Atheism is a claim. If it's not, then nobody needs to believe what Atheists say, because they make no claim. Atheism is a label. There's nothing to believe. So...you have no problem with an Atheist who happens to worship Zeus, Osiris and Thor...because as an Atheist, he does not claim anything anyw...
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:38 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: What is the highest principle?
Replies: 199
Views: 1387

Re: What is the highest principle?

Anything can be harmful. Precisely! Which is why only thing that can't be harmful is NO HARM. It is self-enforcing. If application of the no-harm principle results in harm.... DON'T DO IT. Can everyone agree on what "no harm" is? I am assuming that whatever conception of "real, unconditional love" ...
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:06 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Silly Religion
Replies: 208
Views: 2128

Re: Silly Religion

Immanuel Can wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 pm
Atheism is a claim. If it's not, then nobody needs to believe what Atheists say, because they make no claim.
Atheism is a label. There's nothing to believe.
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:00 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: What is the highest principle?
Replies: 199
Views: 1387

Re: What is the highest principle?

Skepdick wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:56 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:55 pm
LOVE
Love can be harmful. Helicopter parenting.

The logical extension of "love" (empathy) is the over-protective, tyrannical mother.
Anything can be harmful. Limiting love to what you describe is based on your own experience/issues/agenda. Real unconditional love solves all kinds of things.
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:55 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: What is the highest principle?
Replies: 199
Views: 1387

Re: What is the highest principle?

LOVE
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:14 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Trump: acquitted
Replies: 123
Views: 832

Re: Trump: acquitted

henry quirk wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:00 pm
:thumbsup:
Yippee!! Dishonesty, corruption, and stupidity continue to reign supreme and unchecked!! And we can mindlessly pretend that a big fucking game in Washington delivers the truth for us all!
by Lacewing
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:59 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Silly Religion
Replies: 208
Views: 2128

Re: Silly Religion

Atheism is not a claim. It's an absence of a claim. Nope. It's a claim alright. If it claims nothing, then it's agnosticism, not Atheism. That's the stupidest thing I've read in ages. " If it claims nothing,!.. QED It is not a claim. Idiot! :lol: Evidently in IC's universe, everything must be assoc...
by Lacewing
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:32 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Can a hotdog ever be a sandwich?
Replies: 7
Views: 121

Re: Can a hotdog ever be a sandwich?

I'm offended.
by Lacewing
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:42 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Can a man really turn into a woman?
Replies: 354
Views: 5408

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:40 pm
I forgave you because you didn't put an 'S' on 'anyway'.
Ah good, I feel better having your forgiveness.
by Lacewing
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Can a man really turn into a woman?
Replies: 354
Views: 5408

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:30 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:20 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm
Where can I start? ...................
Anywhere... just start.
I did
Okay good, we're done.
by Lacewing
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:34 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Can a man really turn into a woman?
Replies: 354
Views: 5408

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

But I try to understand -- maybe men (in part of their brain) feel like they're meant to be invaders. Conquering...slaying...stealing and claiming. Not all men are like that. We're not all cut out of the same mold. But I understand the tendency to project anger at groups of people when a few indivi...
by Lacewing
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:20 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Can a man really turn into a woman?
Replies: 354
Views: 5408

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm
Where can I start? ...................
Anywhere... just start.
by Lacewing
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 pm
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Can a man really turn into a woman?
Replies: 354
Views: 5408

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

maybe she's got a lot of male in her)… anyway, where was I... :lol: Oh, he he he. No, I'm just not a self-absorbed phony who likes to drivel on about myself and imply to anyone who can be bothered reading my crap that I'm so irresistible that men can't keep their pants on in my company. What are yo...