Search found 4028 matches

by surreptitious57
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: L'Age B'Or encore.

Age wrote:
I think that time does actually exist Just NOT in the way that you think time exists
Then in what specific way do you think it exists ?
And how is that different to how I think it does ?
by surreptitious57
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:12 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: L'Age B'Or encore.

Age wrote:
For the Universe to exist the way It does then space and motion is NEEDED. Time however is a completely other matter
Is that because all that can ever be experienced is only within the eternal now ?
But if it is eternal it will have a temporal element to it so why cannot time exist ?
by surreptitious57
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: L'Age B'Or encore.

Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
everything is in a constant state of motion as nothing is ever the same at any two points in space or time
Take out the words space and time and I agree with you here
For what reason would they have to be taken out ?
Is motion not impossible without space or time ?
by surreptitious57
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:45 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 217
Views: 2201

Re: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)


I see the name of Nassim Nicholas Taleb there whose book Black Swan is absolutely brilliant in my humble opinion
by surreptitious57
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Is There a Definitive Definition of Morality?
Replies: 11
Views: 111

Re: Is There a Definitive Definition of Morality?

You claim that morality exists while simultaneously refusing all definitions of it so then how do you know it exists ? For it might be an abstract concept but there will still be some physical manifestation of it in the observable world All adult human beings of sound mind are moral beings by defaul...
by surreptitious57
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:43 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:
Replies: 70
Views: 612

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Okay but what does the function of the brain actually mean ? And how how EXACTLY in what way does this function relate to how the brain thinks ? What does the word your actually refer to in relation to your mind ? But you and I do SEE things on just about completely opposing views and perspectives ...
by surreptitious57
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:32 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: Meanwhile...

Reality is a VERB ... there is here only verb world that manifests as seeing and knowing ... two concepts that basically means the same ONE mysterious NOT KNOWING known phenomena that is this immediate presence ... aka awareness Thats a bit confusing because if Reality is a phenomena then it must b...
by surreptitious57
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:12 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: Meanwhile...

Reality is a VERB ... there is here only verb world that manifests as seeing and knowing ... two concepts that basically means the same ONE mysterious NOT KNOWING known phenomena that is this immediate presence ... aka awareness Thats a bit confusing because if Reality is a phenomena then it must b...
by surreptitious57
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:08 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: L'Age B'Or encore.

There is ONLY One actual Truth but there is at least as many perceived truths as there are old enough perceiving human beings I think one actual truth is that everything is in a constant state of motion as nothing is ever the same at any two points in space or time This is not the only actual truth...
by surreptitious57
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:58 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:
Replies: 70
Views: 612

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Okay but what does the function of the brain actually mean ? And how how EXACTLY in what way does this function relate to how the brain thinks ? What does the word your actually refer to in relation to your mind ? But you and I do SEE things on just about completely opposing views and perspectives ...
by surreptitious57
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:41 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: Nelson Goodman, you old rascal.

But did any of these several people explain HOW we all could be one consciousness when we ALL individually have different views and perspectives Every human being is different but every human being is also a member of the human species These two facts are not incompatible so one can be both an indi...
by surreptitious57
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:
Replies: 70
Views: 612

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

if I was to ever question or challenge you on what does the word mind mean or what does the word your actually refer to even from just your own perspective you would NOT be able to answer me OPENLY and Honestly I have answered this question before even though this time it was not directed at me So ...
by surreptitious57
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:43 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: The great projector.

Age wrote:
Are you absolutely sure that me could not be any more detached at all ?
me could be more detached but it is not something that is anyway forced
Especially as me is merely passing through and so will not always be here
by surreptitious57
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:43 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 582
Views: 6879

Re: The great projector.

How could someone be so called detached if they have and HOLD a position which is DEFINITELY thus absolutely True ? But I am not holding onto it as if it was absolutely true - I think it is true at this point in time but that is all that I can say I could at any time change my mind or could hold on...