Search found 4809 matches

by uwot
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:26 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Is God necessary for morality?
Replies: 40
Views: 395

Re: To whom and why is god necessary for morality?

Who now needs God are Islamist autocrats and such ill- educated / indoctrinated subjects they rule over. I really hope you don't mean that. have you perhaps misapprehended something? Quite possibly, my apologies if so. Religious autocrats and ill-educated/indoctrinated subjects are not exclusive to...
by uwot
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:18 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

It's not me Skepdick, it's you. The problem is your rotten comprehension. I promise you it's not me! Skepdick you buffoon, you are proud of it: Skepdick me old china, I don't even have any objective criteria for what "to understand" means because you, being so batshit, think that's entirely up to y...
by uwot
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:46 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

What is unoriginal or difficult is when you agree with me in one sentence (context-free facts don't exist) and then in the very next you insist that they do... It's not me Skepdick, it's you. The problem is your rotten comprehension. Here's an example: Well you can insist that truth is simply a fun...
by uwot
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:09 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Perfectly well understood. Well Skepdick, that's because what you are saying isn't original or difficult. Well, if QFT was to say that clocks don’t slow down the faster they are going and the stronger the gravity, then “the real fact” that they do would demonstrate QFT is wrong. That's probably bec...
by uwot
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:31 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Right; that is a fact of QFT; Newtonian and Aristotelian physics too as it happens. It is not a fact of GR and crucially it is not a fact of macroscopic experimental results. Precisely my point. The facts of GR and QFT (and Newtonian/Aristotelian mechanics) with respect to time are mutually incompa...
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:47 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:20 pm
uwot wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 pm
So what are the facts of QFT that are incompatible with GR?
You man other than QFT stating that time is absolute/universal?
Right; that is a fact of QFT; Newtonian and Aristotelian physics too as it happens. It is not a fact of GR and crucially it is not a fact of macroscopic experimental results.
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 pm
QFT doesn't say ANYTHING about gravity.
So what are the facts of QFT that are incompatible with GR?
Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 pm
You don't need to "measure" time in QFT. You exploit naturally-occurring oscillation of particles.
To do what?
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:27 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

What is a clock at the scale where QFT applies? That's precisely the problem! A "clock" is an abstract idea. Well yeah, so's 'table'. At GR scale a "clock" is a mechanical device. At QFT scale anything that oscillates will do! So what does QFT say about how gravity and velocity affect oscillation? ...
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:11 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Well yeah; did Hafele-Keating and every experiment since show that gravity and velocity affect clocks or not? At the scale where GR applies - they do! At the scale where QFT applies - they don't! What is a clock at the scale where QFT applies? So quit skirting around the problem and address it. GR ...
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:39 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Whatever it is in other narratives. What was time before 1915? "Whatever" is not an answer - that's why I am asking you! That's selective editing on your part again, Skepdick. They are BOTH factual within the framework/context you default to! That doesn't mean either is wrong - it simply means that...
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:07 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:01 pm
Well, what is "time" outside of the narratives of GR and QFT?
Whatever it is in other narratives. What was time before 1915?
Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:01 pm
Because apparently observers (which aren't narratives, right?) experience "it" (time) diferently.
That's a 'fact' of GR. Does it follow that QFT is wrong?
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:48 pm
uwot wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:47 pm
Again, what, in your view, are the facts of general relativity?
Which part of "time is relative" did you not understand?
Okie-dokie, so a fact is just some part of a narrative, and needn't bear any relation to anything outside that narrative.
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:47 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

Re: uwot

What, in your view, are the facts of general relativity? Oh, lets go with an easy one. According to GR time is maleable/relative. According to QFT time is universal/absolute. I'd venture a guess that if you subscribe to Aristotelian non-contradiction then one of those is wrong. Again, what, in your...
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:33 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)
Replies: 210
Views: 2079

uwot

Skepdick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:19 pm
Why is Quantum Physics not able to demonstrate that the facts of General relativity are mistaken?
What, in your view, are the facts of general relativity?
by uwot
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:58 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Existential Crisis
Replies: 561
Views: 6662

Meanwhile...

Seeing a range of colors has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with what is meaningful, logical, , reasonable , and sensible . I disagree. Colours are just one sort of sensation. Throw in taste, touch, smell, sound and any emotional or intellectual state; any personal experience you care to consi...