Search found 754 matches

by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:10 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:57 pmHeh! The poverty of your vocabulary speaks to the volume of your knowledge.
I'm here to learn Skepdick. What have you got?
by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Truth is validity rather than soundness. What you are describing is called a tautology If that is what you call a tautology, then you do not understand how everyone else on the planet uses that term. , not truth. True in every possible interpretation. That would require a tautology: you would have ...
by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:29 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

But true. All truth is interpretation so, who cares? In 2021 believing in truth is a quite like believing in God. Truth is validity rather than soundness. We are presented with a range of propositions, such as 'God exists' or 'killing your enemies is wrong', which are entirely subjective opinions. ...
by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:41 am
tillingborn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:42 am This guy massively overestimates his wit.
This guy is an idiot.
This guy is boring.
Apparently that's circular.

According to the rules of your religion... it baaaaad.
But true.
by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:40 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I said... That phenomenon is called "projection." Indeed. So now that you recognise it, perhaps you will stop doing it. It asks me to accept that I had said that all such arguments "fail." But they don't. Which ones prove that God exists? Go and view the list, an...
by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:42 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:26 pm
tillingborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm This guy massively overestimates his wit.
This guy is an idiot.
This guy is boring.
Show me wit, overestimation, idiocy and boredom.
This guy massively overestimates his wit.
This guy is an idiot.
This guy is boring.
by tillingborn
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 am
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

. I'm afraid I cannot bring myself to telegraph comedy with smilies as you do. It is very bad manners where I'm from, because it implies that you are not clever enough to recognise a joke. It's not bad manners online, you'll find. I'm sure you've noticed that the online world is not some flat and h...
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 pm
tillingborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm You either feel it or you don't.
Show me feelings.
This guy massively overestimates his wit.
This guy is an idiot.
This guy is boring.
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Just as the Kalam and the Ontological are very different arguments, so to are the Design Argument, the Moral Argument, the Mathematical Argument, the Historical Argument and the arguments from prophecy or miracles, and so on...these are all very different arguments, with very different masses of ev...
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pmIf YOU can't show me aesthetics . Why do YOU claim they exist?
You either feel it or you don't.
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:24 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

We can make it as broad as necessary to include any other logical arguments that aim to demonstrate the existence of God, because they all fail for the same reason. Well, no. Just as the Kalam and the Ontological are very different arguments, so to are the Design Argument, the Moral Argument, the M...
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: What are the Benefits of Theism?
Replies: 438
Views: 5106

Re: What are the Benefits of Theism?

The two of us walk into the same room, and you notice the plants and I notice an object...who knows why? It doesn't seem to be a conscious process. I agree. I don't know why either, but it seems to me those sorts of responses are closer to what we call aesthetic judgements than anything else. But t...
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:01 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pmAnd I can go on ad-infinitum attacking every single concept, feeling or idea you've ever have in your head.
I know. That is the Socratic method.
Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pmAnd you aren't going to like it.
You're a bit late. It's basic philosophical training.
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:51 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:49 pmShow me aesthetics.
You either feel it, or you don't.
by tillingborn
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:46 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: "In the beginning God created ...."
Replies: 218
Views: 1943

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 amNow show me love, happiness, compassion, empathy, morality etc.
And we're back to aesthetics.