Search found 5329 matches

by chaz wyman
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: I'm a philosophy virgin
Replies: 87
Views: 12453

Re: I'm a philosophy virgin

PLONK!
by chaz wyman
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: I'm a philosophy virgin
Replies: 87
Views: 12453

Re: I'm a philosophy virgin

Sometimes language is a better means of communication and sometimes the body language is. If I want to explain how to go to Chichester from Winchester I do not use body language but words. If I want to express that I like someone I do not say anything at all. My body language expresses it all on it...
by chaz wyman
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:13 am
Forum: Epistemology - Theory of Knowledge
Topic: There is no such thing as knowing
Replies: 146
Views: 24039

Re: There is no such thing as knowing

All that you say above is surely vindictive, t! BoooooHooooo. You can dish it out but you can't take it. You said "death is what all sane men fear most". A list of insane people and their view of death.... The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at ...
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:34 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: I'm a philosophy virgin
Replies: 87
Views: 12453

Re: I'm a philosophy virgin

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Words are symbols.


Letters are images.


.
And Bill is not very bright.
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: An argument for the existence of God
Replies: 235
Views: 41237

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Define 'soul". Re-incarnation depends on that definition. BTW. You did not address the problem: noun 1. The belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form. 2. rebirth of the soul in a new body. 3. a new incarnation or embodiment, as of a person. 1 and 2 ar...
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: What is the Value of Your Life
Replies: 49
Views: 10311

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

SpheresOfBalance wrote:RANT....o hone one's wit, especially for those of elder years. It would just be so much nicer, if the exchange were more cordial.
Thank you for such a long response.
I feel it only fair for you to know that I did not read it.
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: What is the Value of Your Life
Replies: 49
Views: 10311

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

Since this all knowing entity is presented without evidence or credibility we can only conclude that it has been generated from your own ego. QED: You are the neighbourhood megalomaniac. How credible is your faith in atheism, when confronted with the complexity of the true nature of reality being m...
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Iceland wants to ban Internet porn
Replies: 291
Views: 31088

Re: Iceland wants to ban Internet porn

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Spew!
.
You've reached a new low.
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:27 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Iceland wants to ban Internet porn
Replies: 291
Views: 31088

Re: Iceland wants to ban Internet porn

reasonvemotion wrote:C.W. added a small stat at the end of my post.
You can still make billions out of porn without endangering women.

Or at least minimise it.
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm
Forum: Political Philosophy
Topic: Iceland wants to ban Internet porn
Replies: 291
Views: 31088

Re: Iceland wants to ban Internet porn

Currently there is an ongoing debate in Parliament regarding internet filtering. The result so. The leaders of three of Australia's largest ISPs (Telstra, iiNet and Internode) have stated in an interview that the web filtering proposal simply cannot work for various technical, legal and ethical rea...
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:41 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: What is the Value of Your Life
Replies: 49
Views: 10311

Re: What is the Value of Your Life

This is actually an easy question. The value of any particular life, can be calculated by any particular individual, that decides to do so, but it shall contain no necessary universal quantity, as it's a relative human concept born of selfishness. In other words, each individual can decide value on...
by chaz wyman
Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:36 pm
Forum: Epistemology - Theory of Knowledge
Topic: There is no such thing as knowing
Replies: 146
Views: 24039

Re: There is no such thing as knowing

All that you say above is surely vindictive, t! BoooooHooooo. You can dish it out but you can't take it. You said "death is what all sane men fear most". A list of insane people and their view of death.... The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at ...
by chaz wyman
Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 pm
Forum: Book Club
Topic: The Darwinian Mob
Replies: 95
Views: 17157

Re: The Darwinian Mob

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.



..............................................................
Image

.
Interesting but fuck all to do with the point.
by chaz wyman
Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: What is the Value of Your Life
Replies: 49
Views: 10311

Re:

henry quirk wrote:Nope. We're done. I don't waste time on cogs.

'nuff said.
At least you show the wisdom to give up when you have no legs to stand on.
by chaz wyman
Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:02 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: An argument for the existence of God
Replies: 235
Views: 41237

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Define re-incarnation. noun 1. The belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form. You did that. But you used another term, not defined."Soul". Define 'soul". Re-incarnation depends on that definition. BTW. You did not address the problem: noun 1. The beli...