Search found 1642 matches

by Belinda
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme wrote: Yes you can have it both ways..because you are the one in which the other one arises. That is the unanswerable objection to rationalism. I.e. that I am a consciousness floating around disembodied which can be totally objective. Where else do you happen? Look around and see if you c...
by Belinda
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:57 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme wrote:
Yes you can have it both ways..because you are the one in which the other one arises.
That is the unanswerable objection to rationalism. I.e. that I am a consciousness floating around disembodied which can be totally objective.
by Belinda
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme wrote: You are the gardener. What you believe or what you think will become your reality. Like I said in my last reply to you. If there is no I, no self, then I, self , cannot be the instigator of beliefs. I partly agree with what you say as psychology, but pain and joy do break into the s...
by Belinda
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Meantime eternal values would be good for us if only we knew what those values were! You create the values, you put them there. You are the eternal knower. But if there is no I then I cannot create anything. If the universal intelligence is the only agent then my concept of self is an illusion.
by Belinda
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme wrote: The one that grows the grass, that grows the vegetable, is the same one growing you...it's the same gardener. Yes, I agree. It is a little disappointing that I seem to be the only other poster who can see this.. However there is no evidence that the gardener is kind to us. It's true...
by Belinda
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

The uglier, deeper, and thicker the shit...the more beautiful the flower blooms...it's the divine intelligence...it will drag you through hell just to show you heaven...no one said it was going to be easy...just that it would be worth it. Religions are all resonating with this message...but it MUST...
by Belinda
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:03 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme wrote: The story is the dream...that no one is dreaming. It's true story. However it's not the only true story. The other true story is told from the point of view of each of the myriad components. Novelists and playwrites, good novelists and playwrites, tend to do this. For all we can kno...
by Belinda
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Moral truths and the ethical life
Replies: 20
Views: 169

Re: Moral truths and the ethical life

Prof wrote: In this thread I have presented some moral truths, such as for example: 1) Some values are better than others. 2) We human beings are pre-wired to be self-serving. There are, however, two ways of being self-serving: we can pursue our self-interest or we can be selfish (self-centered.) Se...
by Belinda
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:29 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme, what you name "the one unitary action" is what Spinoza named "from the aspect of the eternal". The eternal is known not only to Eastern philosophy but also to Western philosophy, serious art, and some Western religion. Reality is viewed not only from the aspect of the eternal which you do...
by Belinda
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:17 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme wrote: The need to poo and piss would get you moving even if you tried not moving or doing, you can't, simply because it's not you doing anything, you are the doing, the done. Life moves as one unitary action...known as a re-act-ion...the play of opposites in progress...aka realtime. I und...
by Belinda
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme, given that Atman is Brahman, is a prostitute's body separate from atman? No not separate except as conceived in this con-ception. And Yes, it's all the one. Including the label Brahman, atman...or prostitute... All the dream, since the dream is all there is. Cannot separate the dream fro...
by Belinda
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Dontaskme, given that Atman is Brahman, is a prostitute's body separate from atman?
by Belinda
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Moral truths and the ethical life
Replies: 20
Views: 169

Re: Moral truths and the ethical life

It depends upon what you intend by 'greed, -1-. I gathered, perhaps mistakenly, that you were supporting 'greed is good' as a political slogan. While it's true that men have inherent motivation to eat enough it's also true that men have inherent motivation to forego eating when the food can benefit ...
by Belinda
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:08 am
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Prostitution and Eternal Values
Replies: 189
Views: 1291

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

I don't know enough about selling sexual services to comment upon the inherent psychological dangers as compared with other occupations. However I do support raising the social status of sex workers from manual to therapeutic or even to celebrity status, educating and paying the workers accordingly....
by Belinda
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: Moral truths and the ethical life
Replies: 20
Views: 169

Re: Moral truths and the ethical life

-1- wrote: It's all fine and dandy. However, consider the situation where good values will contradict other good values, or when lowest positive values supersede higher positive values. Take, for instance, material possessions and greed. It is ranked, by the article's author, as the lowest positive ...