Search found 11605 matches

by Arising_uk
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:37 am
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 159
Views: 1826

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

So what is your explanation of the correlation between the data showing an increase over the historical average and the historical production of greenhouse gases if not causation?
by Arising_uk
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:19 am
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 159
Views: 1826

Re: "Shout that from the rooftops Henry!"

I won't shout, I'll just state: Human-driven climate change is a thick-cut slice of baloney. ... That'd be you the climate scientist talking would it? The climate -- as an interlocking of various heat distribution systems -- changes...it has to...it's dynamic. ... Exactly, the data shows the world ...
by Arising_uk
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:00 am
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 159
Views: 1826

Re: A_uk

"As it was them who first claimed it would happen and lo' it is" Yeah, I read the Guardian piece: inaccurate crap from a (currently) leftist rag that overtly promotes the notion that human-driven climate change is real. ... Where is the inaccuracy? Are you saying your Stanford Research Institute(SR...
by Arising_uk
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 pm
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 159
Views: 1826

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Acting to stop our own extinction is not going to be easy but is arguably better than the alternative. Belinda, I think this is why people don't take 'Greens' seriously. Man will not be going extinct, what may well happen is the end of the current models of civilization or at least a drastic readju...
by Arising_uk
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:44 pm
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 159
Views: 1826

Re: Belinda

henry quirk wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:25 pm
Take your own advice: go, look and see who profits most from promoting human-driven climate change as real.
The oil companies? As it was them who first claimed it would happen and lo' it is.
by Arising_uk
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pm
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: You never happened.
Replies: 132
Views: 1513

Re: You never happened.

Do me a favour please, I get that you think 'it' all one big consciousness or awareness but when you are talking about 'it' could you capitalize it to differentiate when you are talking about individual consciousnesses and do the same with knowing and concept, that is, capitalise when you are talkin...
by Arising_uk
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:27 am
Forum: Applied Ethics
Topic: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?
Replies: 159
Views: 1826

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

post_id=412272 time=1560256205 user_id=9431] ... There is sufficient evidence that adverse climate change is caused by human activity. Not scientifically sufficient, for sure. The left-wing mass media seems to have closed on the question out of pure ideology, but that's not evidence. ... IC is talk...
by Arising_uk
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 am
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: You never happened.
Replies: 132
Views: 1513

Re: You never happened.

And I'm amazed you've managed to go through your entire life not realising death is just a known conceptual idea in your consciousness, and that concepts can't die because they are not actual living things that are alive. ... They die with the body that has them but they survive if they have been w...
by Arising_uk
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 am
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: You never happened.
Replies: 132
Views: 1513

Re: You never happened.

Dontaskme wrote:
That's right, nothing ever dies because nothing is ever born. Only the unborn can be born.

:D
I'm amazed you've managed to get through life not encountering a dead body.

There are no 'unborn'.
by Arising_uk
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am
Forum: Metaphysics
Topic: You never happened.
Replies: 132
Views: 1513

Re: You never happened.

Where is René Descartes now then? He said ... Cogito ergo sum. (I think; therefore I am.) He found that he could not doubt that he himself existed, as he was the one doing the doubting in the first place. So where is this ''himself'' existing now..where is he? . He lives on in Cartesian Geometry an...
by Arising_uk
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:44 am
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 524
Views: 4648

Re: RC

henry quirk wrote:
A_uk

My view has shifted with age & consideration & experience. I'm not inclined to 'stand by' any more.

That okay with you?
Sure, welcome to the human race.
by Arising_uk
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Forum: Ethical Theory
Topic: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION
Replies: 524
Views: 4648

Re: RC

I ask: 'person or meat?' You say: "It doesn't matter at all unless you're intending to force whichever view you have on anyone else." If I stumble on Jane gettin' her keister beat down in a nasty way, am I forcin' my view on folks if I step in a put an end to the assault, or am I defendin' an innoc...
by Arising_uk
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Pyramids of the Ancient Pre-Socratics as a Physicalization of Abstract Philosophical Theory
Replies: 160
Views: 2862

Re: Pyramids of the Ancient Pre-Socratics as a Physicalization of Abstract Philosophical Theory

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
ROFL!!! You did it again...you said something about "pedants"...and I was like: ROFL!!!!
Lol!
Well one thing is being proved, If you don't wear your tin-foil hat your pyramid scrambles your brain.
by Arising_uk
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Pyramids of the Ancient Pre-Socratics as a Physicalization of Abstract Philosophical Theory
Replies: 160
Views: 2862

Re: Pyramids of the Ancient Pre-Socratics as a Physicalization of Abstract Philosophical Theory

BWHAHAHAHA!...I saw dousing in the first few words and realized I just roped you into a long winded argument...noone really cares about. ... Well only pedants of the English language, so it's "dowsing" you loon not "dousing" as if it was the latter you'd be playing with a hosepipe which to be hones...
by Arising_uk
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:56 am
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: FEMINISM AND THE DEATH OF CHIVALRY IN THE MODERN WEST
Replies: 16
Views: 282

Re: FEMINISM AND THE DEATH OF CHIVALRY IN THE MODERN WEST

Dachshund wrote:... With regard to the feminist movement in the West that began in the US in the early 1960's, I do not think it has succeeded in generating anything but strife and destruction. There are two reasons for this: ...
One really, Yank women really, really disliked Yank men and I can't blame them.