Search found 4188 matches

by Dalek Prime
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:10 am
Forum: Articles in Philosophy Now
Topic: Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
Replies: 39
Views: 1957

Re: Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Yes. With a servant of his. I've never heard mention of this can you provide a link? https://philosophynow.org/issues/86/Schopenhauer Schopenhauer’s most satisfactory relationships were with animals (a succession of poodles) rather than with human beings. Physically unattractive and socially maladr...
by Dalek Prime
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:01 am
Forum: Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics
Topic: Does One equal infinity? 7 step argument.
Replies: 19
Views: 901

Re: Does One equal infinity? 7 step argument.

Presented Argument: 1) "1" exists as "unity" and "wholeness". 2) As unity and wholeness "1" must maintain a self-reflective symmetry in order to exist. We observe this in common life where a physical or abstract structure maintains its stability through the reflection of points, with these points i...
by Dalek Prime
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:54 am
Forum: About the Magazine
Topic: David Bowie is not a case for talking about brain surgery
Replies: 6
Views: 1849

Re: David Bowie is not a case for talking about brain surgery

The surgery destroyed the brain, and therefore no one exists. End of story.
by Dalek Prime
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 am
Forum: Gender Philosophy
Topic: Homosexuality.
Replies: 136
Views: 5644

Re: Homosexuality.

The thought of having a sexually physical relationship with someone of the same sex as me is something I find distasteful. Does this mean I should condemn homosexuality? The thing is: I quite often encounter people of the opposite sex to me with whom the thought of having a sexually physical relati...
by Dalek Prime
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:26 am
Forum: Articles in Philosophy Now
Topic: Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
Replies: 39
Views: 1957

Re: Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Arising_uk wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:24 am
Dalek Prime wrote:Again, he said that life wasn't worth the trouble, and yet he had kids. ...
Did he?
Yes. With a servant of his.
by Dalek Prime
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Our problem is we think we're human beings
Replies: 9
Views: 508

Re: Our problem is we think we're human beings

The problem lies in thinking that, because we evolved 'naturally', we think anything we do is natural by extension. In actuality, we have long stopped seeing ourselves within the natural order, the minute the first home sapiens were able to mentally recognize themselves and nature as distinct, and p...
by Dalek Prime
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:19 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Why am I interested in designing games that unify sex and psychedelia?
Replies: 18
Views: 1186

Re: Why am I interested in designing games that unify sex and psychedelia?

Wait, I missed something. Who's sleeping with whom? :lol:
by Dalek Prime
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:16 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Why am I interested in designing games that unify sex and psychedelia?
Replies: 18
Views: 1186

Re: Why am I interested in designing games that unify sex and psychedelia?

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:15 pm
I don't know what that is either but I think I would prefer not to.
It's a sucker. A candy lollipop with a chocolate chewy center.
by Dalek Prime
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: Philosophy is Dead.
Replies: 28
Views: 1289

Re: Philosophy is Dead.

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 pm
Dalek Prime wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm
I'm always strangely disappointed when I'm right about something...
Probably because there is no ultimate right about something and no one to agree even if there was.

What is a right or wrong perspective but a subjective experience.

.
Agreed!.... whoops...
by Dalek Prime
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Religion
Topic: The Second Coming of Christ.
Replies: 68
Views: 2855

Re: The Second Coming of Christ.

Dubious wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm
You are born twice.
Twice too many!
Abso-fucking-lutely.
by Dalek Prime
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: Philosophy is Dead.
Replies: 28
Views: 1289

Re: Philosophy is Dead.

Philosophy: the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge. Existence does not question itself. A tree does not seek a reason for being. So who is the ''other'' one who wants to investigate into the truths of existence? Who would play the role of examiner? . Clearly not...
by Dalek Prime
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:22 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: Philosophy is Dead.
Replies: 28
Views: 1289

Re: Philosophy is Dead.

Philosophy: the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge. Existence does not question itself. A tree does not seek a reason for being. So who is the ''other'' one who wants to investigate into the truths of existence? Who would play the role of examiner? . Clearly not...
by Dalek Prime
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm
Forum: General Philosophical Discussion
Topic: Reading your life as if it were a book
Replies: 23
Views: 1202

Re: Reading your life as if it were a book

@ Dalek Prime - thanks for providing author's name etc. So, did you have a turning point after reading such books, or did you seek them out following reflection on your own life...or Life in general ? I remember our previous discussions, and your point of view. I read the reviews, and yes, it sound...
by Dalek Prime
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 pm
Forum: Philosophy of Mind
Topic: The mind itself cannot know anything.
Replies: 61
Views: 2328

Re: The mind itself cannot know anything.

Considering the brain doesn't fully develop until age approx. 25 years, at what point do you begin your observations, DAM?