purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by artisticsolution »

A: :lol: Who can know all there is about anyone? Who ever always tells the truth? A large chunk appear to have stopped faking such things, unless its for the big bucks I suppose. Apart from greed I don't understand the idea of saying I love you and not meaning it and I doubt its much of a common occurrence over here, but I don't doubt it occurs, its not just a common theme any more I think. Of the women I've met only a couple would I think behave as you describe.

AS:Okay, fair enough. I have a couple of questions though, you say you only know 2 women who behave as I describe. First, what do you feel I am describing? I want to see if we are talking about the same thing, as I feel as if you are not looking at what I am saying objectively and instead are looking at what I am saying as a negative thing about women.

Here's what baffles me, that in a philosophy forum it should be so hard to have a real chat about human nature musings without bringing in our personal feelings on the subject. All my life I have had this discussion...and I am amazed at the amount of people who do not wish to see it...but then...years later...after I had mentioned my curiosity about such things, the same people start taking notice because I have planted a seed. Years later come to me with the same musings about human nature as if it was their "discovery.' It always makes me laugh the the very thing they scoffed at me about years before...saying I was off my rocker...they begin telling me about as if it was this great epiphany they've had!

All I wish is just for once people don't take what I am saying so personally and rather stand back like a scientist and just view human nature without including themselves in the factor....simply because when you first begin to question such things it's hard...because it is unflattering to admit such things might be the case...esp. when if they are the case for others...then it must be the case for oneself as it is very rare for human nature to skip a person. I mean sure it happens...I am sure out there there is a person who does not do the normal things humans do...like love, laugh, cry, hate, etc....but I feel it would be so rare as to not be applicable. So when I mention the things I am mentioning....I do not think it has to do with simply coming from a patriarchal culture or whatever. I am merely mentioning an observation I have made all my life about every woman I have met. I understand that you think it is different there. But what I am asking you to do is to question your beliefs so we can at least have a serious conversation.

The other question I have is about the "couple of women' you feel I am describing that you know. I have a feeling you see them negatively. Like they are not your favorite type people, not that you could hate anyone, I am just saying that they are'nt your fav. Is this true? The reason I am asking this is I think we have a tendency to not be able to see negative traits in people we favor as opposed to those we don't, even though being human we all have similar qualities just different ways of expressing them. What I am questioning is that this phenomenon I have noticed in women all my life is displayed in very different ways. Some are completely unaware of such behavior in themselves. I think because each and every one of us has trouble looking at ourselves as anything but the 'Heroin' in our mind. For example, like our discussion with the word "manipulative". Most of us do not wish to be associated with that word. It is an ugly word and the last thing we want to do is describe ourselves negatively. But in my view of things it is impossible for a human to be 100% of the time perfect with only positive attributes. But why then are we not able to hone in on those negative things about ourselves? I am asking you if you agree it would at least be improbable for a human to have no character flaws at all? If you agree with that then maybe we can take a closer look at those flaws in women in an objective way without resorting to "this woman is nice...this one is bad."

What I am getting at is if that it is improbable to you that humans only possess positive traits, then we could at least admit that even women we love might have a negative trait or two. Furthermore, it could be that we fool ourselves into not seeing certain personality traits in the ones we love the same way we see the same traits in those we do not particularly like? And if that is true then maybe we could extend that to ourselves and say, perhaps we can't see negative traits in ourselves as well? I am asking if it is possible that we see ourselves through rose colored glasses to the point of denial?

Semantics are at play here, I think. It has always interested me, how when I use words with negative connotations, people will refuse to accept that they behave in such a manner. However, when I switch the wordage...to something positive but meaning the exact same thing....the are quick to want to attribute that same quality to themselves.

I believe this is what women do without realizing (maybe men too...but I don't wish to discuss men right now...I want to see if everyone can stay on the topic of women without changing the subject as I feel that when things get too uncomfortable for people to admit or take a closer inspection, they have a tendency to change the subject.

Anyway, it has been my observation, that the people one likes...even oneself....are usually the ones we attach the positive attributes too. We may not notice the negative in people we like, even ourselves, because it is too painful to see. I mean who wants to think they might not be all that? However, when I talk about women it is very apparent to me that all women share this quality of deception as women rarely say the exact thing that is on their mind. And if they do it is hugely unpopular...sort of like me trying to have this conversation...lol.

The reason I want to have this conversation is because as a woman, I have noticed this dynamic all my life and it is so subtle that I don't think most men are aware of it happening. But let me give you an example of the positive aspect of this quality....you know when you are in love....like when it's new before anything has tarnished that love and it's full of promise? You know how it feels wonderful to feel as if someone get's you...is there for you...you feel a connection with? You know how it's kinda great for it to be you two against the world? Well, the woman feels the same way.

But then stop for a moment and think of this scenario. Suppose your lover had made a faux pah at a party with all your friends. And suppose you were a little embarrassed by it. Suppose in your embarrassment you gently tell her that she is mistaken and the other woman (who happens to be a knockout that every other man at the party desires) is correct. Do you really think your lover is going to be happy with that scenario? I don't think she is....simply because she wants you to be on her side. A woman does not want to feel less than...even if it's the truth. She will turn it around to where she was in the right....where she was Cinderella and the other woman was the evil step sister. Maybe not blatantly....she might just be silent...and when you ask her whats wrong she might say, "nothing." but inside she might feel as if she is less than the other woman in your eyes. She might even think that you believe she is the step sister and that you thought that the other women was cinderella. But to verbalize this feeling she might not be able to do....it depends on the women. Some women may give you the cold shoulder, some may completely and cleverly describe the situation in a way where everything is switched as to where she becomes right. And what's more...she might not even realize this is what she is doing! That is how deeply she thinks she is Cinderella where she is completely above all other women! Many women will find a way to work it out so that they will be the heroin in a situation with another woman....even if they have to do it through deception. Deception within themselves that is so deep seeded that there is no way to convince her that she is wrong. She will just not see it...and think you are not on her "side" if you try to get her to see it.

If you doubt this is true...then ask yourself, does it make sense to you that any woman would say, "I want my man to put that other woman on a pedestal because she is more deserving than I?"
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Hello artisticsolution,

Your post below has stood out to me ever since I originally read it.

The writing seems un-apologetically honest-and extremely well written.

I'm re-posting your post in it's entirety.

Hi Chaz,

As a man it might not have occurred to you that there is actually a very good reason why girls seem to think sexual promiscuity is bad, other than religious reasons that is. I believe part of the reason is that we really don't get all that sexually aroused until later in life. Whereas men are pretty much good to go at any age. The only thing that keeps it in your pants is the fact that we say no.

Think about it this way...isn't it always easier to turn your nose up at food when your full rather than when you are hungry? Most girls aren't hungry. Hell...most young women aren't hungry...women in their 20's usually enjoy sex more because of other reasons rather than sex itself. In other words...it's mostly about the power, although I think few women understand this is happening to them much less admit to it (most women don't like to admit anything but good things about themselves).

What was really interesting is when I got into my 30's and actually started to enjoy sex for the pure pleasure of sex. I realized that there was a very different attraction going on than I had had before. The sex was no longer about power ( Not power as in something you realize you have as a young woman and lord over another...more like literal power that is unspoken that every women in her late teens and 20's has at her disposal without trying) it was more about actually wanting sex...similar to how I imagine a man desires sex. It was then that I was able to understand sex separate from what I learned in my youth, where it had to be accompanied by getting something in return for the "powerful gift" . I think this is what makes young girls think of sex as good/bad. I don't think it's all being a "puritan." It's more like not understanding the enjoyment to the degree a man does which is separate and apart from love. i.e. "good' sex is about getting love and a wedding ring and a baby...in that order and "Bad" sex is about giving it away for free. I hope I am making sense.

Anyway, I don't think you can understand unless you are a girl. You have to experience it to believe it...and it's not all about how society makes us think sex is bad...blah blah blah. It has to do with the fact that people usually think what they are is good and what others are is bad. Hence...if girls don't desire sex just for the sake of sex until they become women, they will demonize that behavior.

I sort of think this is why it is accepted more by society for men to be 'slutty' as opposed to women. Because men never experience this thing that keeps them from enjoying sex. They can get pleasure with no strings attached and without 'receiving' anything in return, unlike young women. But don't blame young women and call them puritan or hypocrites. They can't help how they feel. I mean if ya don't experience horndog...ya just don't experience horn dog...blame mother nature

Why do I get the feeling I am going to have to hear every woman here say, "Preposterous! I like sex for sex!" Or men say, "Not my woman...she loves what I give her!" :lol: Please don't kill the messenger...it's just a thing I have noticed growing up around women and being a woman. It has never been spoken...but knowing what I know in hindsight....even though not the most charming thing to mention...I still have to bring it to your attention. :)

That post above has relayed a truth to me that I have never known before in this way.

And I have been applying this new-found tool you have given me almost instinctively in every appropriate situation that I have found myself in since that time that I read the gift that you have chosen to share.

Well done...and I thank you artisticsolution for crafting an emotional perception so vividly and succinctly.

I feel like I have obtained a useful perception.

My writing this post feels awkwardly uncomfortable in that I am sharing an open vulnerability.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:I feel like I have obtained a useful perception.

My writing this post feels awkwardly uncomfortable in that I am sharing an open vulnerability.
Have you? Where in this post have you shared this "open vulnerability"?
artisticsolution

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
That post above has relayed a truth to me that I have never known before in this way.

And I have been applying this new-found tool you have given me almost instinctively in every appropriate situation that I have found myself in since that time that I read the gift that you have chosen to share.

Well done...and I thank you artisticsolution for crafting an emotional perception so vividly and succinctly.

I feel like I have obtained a useful perception.

My writing this post feels awkwardly uncomfortable in that I am sharing an open vulnerability.[/size]
Thanks Bill, but I don't understand. What "tool"? What did I say that seems out of the ordinary?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

tool I mean in a metaphysical way.

I think you said some things in an un-ordinarily honest type of way.

It's a good thing...

I thank you again for your heart and your skill in writing.

Kayla

Post by Kayla »

artisticsolution wrote:Tell me Kayla, do you behave differently around men and boys in real life than you do online? Do you feel comfortable cussing around the men in your church? Not males who are close to you...like your dad or brother...I mean males who you do not know....like Arising and Chaz. If you met them first in real life could you talk to them the way you are talking to them here or would you be more polite?
the internet allows us to safely reveal a lot more than we would in person

i am not sure if this is good or bad, most likely some of each

and yes i swear more on the internet
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

artisticsolution wrote:Nope, it's because you are a girl. Most girls feel this way. Most boys don't. Why do you think that is? Do you think it could be our physical make up?
it would be surprising if there were no innate gender differences given hormonal differences and structural differences between male and female brains
If you were a boy...do you think you might be a little more horny?
I would certainly think about sex differently

if you ask a boy-slut why he is a slut the question will seem bizarre, its like asking why someone likes enjoyable things

but girl sluts are frequently sluts for reasons that are at least as important as sex - not seeming stuck up, being popular with the right crowd, being allowed into certain parties, being cool, etc.

and even boys who are not sluts have no trouble understanding the desire to have sex with every girl in sight
But that does not mean that all boys do this...
of course not but the boy sluts usually do
Have you ever known a guy to call a virgin a slut? I have. If he is a cruel person and sees he as lower status.
well 'slut' does double duty as a general purpose insult as well
Oddly enough...I have noticed that promiscuous women....tend to revery back to "puritan" in their senior years...when their sex drive once again diminishes. Odd thing the power of a sex drive....
i am already accused of being a puritan

apparently getting my dresses for school dances from this place - http://www.beautifullymodest.com/ - will result in a reputation for puritanism
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

Kayla wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:Nope, it's because you are a girl. Most girls feel this way. Most boys don't. Why do you think that is? Do you think it could be our physical make up?
it would be surprising if there were no innate gender differences given hormonal differences and structural differences between male and female brains
If you were a boy...do you think you might be a little more horny?
I would certainly think about sex differently

if you ask a boy-slut why he is a slut the question will seem bizarre, its like asking why someone likes enjoyable things

but girl sluts are frequently sluts for reasons that are at least as important as sex - not seeming stuck up, being popular with the right crowd, being allowed into certain parties, being cool, etc.

and even boys who are not sluts have no trouble understanding the desire to have sex with every girl in sight
But that does not mean that all boys do this...
of course not but the boy sluts usually do
Have you ever known a guy to call a virgin a slut? I have. If he is a cruel person and sees he as lower status.
well 'slut' does double duty as a general purpose insult as well
Oddly enough...I have noticed that promiscuous women....tend to revery back to "puritan" in their senior years...when their sex drive once again diminishes. Odd thing the power of a sex drive....
i am already accused of being a puritan

apparently getting my dresses for school dances from this place - http://www.beautifullymodest.com/ - will result in a reputation for puritanism
I recommend Wendy Shalit's book on the virtue of modesty. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_tc_2_0?r ... B001JS6P1A
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Arising_uk wrote:
men who complain about 'that time of the month' are hypocritical idiots
:lol: I take it you've never lived with a women who apparently has this fictional PMT.
i did not say it was fictional please try to actually read next time

i said that compared to random mood fluctuations that are the norm for most men and considering how many men get angry over trivial shit the monthly mood fluctuations that women get are pretty insignificant

yes my mom and I get more cranky when its that time of the month and i am even more likely to burst into tears for no reason than normal

compare this to my father and older brother who can freak out over nothing at any time of the month - they have no cause to complain about my mom or me
artisticsolution

Hi Kayla,

K:but girl sluts are frequently sluts for reasons that are at least as important as sex - not seeming stuck up, being popular with the right crowd, being allowed into certain parties, being cool, etc.

AS: Right. This is what I said. Most girls have sex to get something in return...i.e. popularity, love, a wedding ring...or whatever. Most boys/men enjoy the sex for the sex.

But I am asking you to imagine yourself in that position....where you wanted sex like a man...for just sex and nothing in return. Do you think that you would still feel the same about promiscuity?

Let's look at it another way. Say there are 2 people....one loves chocolate and another does not. Now suppose those 2 people had to live, work, play surrounded by chocolate all day. It would mean nothing to the one who did not like chocolate. If it was socially unacceptable or a sin to eat chocolate all day...the non chocolate lover would have it easy. It would be a piece of cake to spout their puritan ideals. They might not understand what all the big ruckus was about eating chocolate...as it was not a temptation. However, the chocolate lover is certain to have feelings of desire over wanting the chocolate maybe even guilt or shame not being like the "non chocolate lover". Perhaps being around chocolate all day was too huge of a temptation and they snuck a piece every so often? It is my belief that it would be too much after a while to control your basic urges if you were a chocolate lover living 24/7 with chocolate. Not only that, I believe it is human nature to justify the way one is as good and the way other people are as bad. So I think inside, the chocolate lover would justify the chocolate eating behavior as a strength at least in their own mind...even though a few chocolate eaters might hide that fact to the rest of the world because to expose such a thing might mean they would have to be a social outcast. Chocolate lovers may not feel the same pressure talking about it amongst themselves though...were it is understood and accepted. A few of them might openly eat chocolate unapologetically.

What I have observed as my life as woman thus far has been the transformation of myself and my friends from girlhood to womanhood to old age. I have noticed that most women I know have gone from easily abstaining from "chocolate", to being "chocolate lovers", then reverting back to "non chocolate lovers". I have also noticed that the way they feel about sex is in direct proportion to their libido increasing during their lifetime. When they are "non chocolate" lovers, it is easy for them to be puritans. The may feel they are better than another because they can abstain from the 'sin' of chocolate. However, when they become in their sexual prime all of a sudden they don't necessarily consider "chocolate a 'sin' so to speak. Most change their belief a little to be a little free with the "chocolate eating, Although I will admit...some keep it a secret from society....just like some chocolate eaters in the above analogy. However, an odd thing happen when they once again lose their libido in their old age. All of a sudden it becomes "normal" for them to not desire chocolate once more...and poof...all of a sudden they become puritans again.

All I am saying is it is human nature to think what you are is good ...better than another. When circumstances change in life...it is human nature to change ones beliefs to suit or justify what one is going through as 'good' even if one used to think the same behavior from others is bad.

Very rare is the person who says, "I am bad."

[/quote][/quote]

K:i am already accused of being a puritan

AS: I wasn't talking about you. I was trying to get you to understand that you might feel this way because of the point in life that you in. I am trying to get you to step outside yourself for a moment and imagine what you would feel if you were a 'chocolate lover.' Perhaps as you age you will remember what I am saying and then be able to analyze your behavior from a less emotionally charged place. You seem like a bright girl, I am sure you realize that you will grow and change throughout your life. Perhaps some of the things you believe today you might not be so adamant about tomorrow?

For example, one of my friends was adamant when we were kids that if her future husband ever cheated on her she would leave him...no exceptions...as she was a puritan who did not condone "chocolate eating'. Well, fast forward 30+ years and her husband did cheat on her...about 10 years ago. They are still married...and she still can't accept it...she will make him pay for it til the day he dies. She hates him but she has not left him. Her hatred has ruined her life. Now She is in her sexual prime....and she talks about sex all the time...and about how many guys hit on her all day. I do not know if she has cheated...but she sure is enjoying all the attention. It is the first time I have ever heard her talk about sex as if it was a good thing and not just for creating children...or whatever else she wanted to "get" from it.

Just making observations...as I feel we've all been there in one way or another....that is...to justify our feelings as "good"....whatever they may be at the time.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

artisticsolution wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: True for SOME women. This is also true for SOME men, including me.
[/color]

You misunderstand. I was being nice - she wanted to get fucked. I'd been sexually developed by 5 years by that time, and my sexual knowledge (thought theoretical and imaginary) was far beyond hers. The fact was that I was more interested in the full emotional experience. Sorry to smash your prejudice.
[/color]
I know far more women sexually than you do. Think about it! All we have is your personal reflections. You are Naive.

[/color]
:lol: How rare...a man who tries to turn the whole subject of women's sexuality into a conversation about his own. First of all....do you have a vagina for almost 50 years? Do you know what it's like to actually be a woman and experience menstruation, pregnancy. menopause, etc? Are you as emotionally developed? How would you know?

None of this is relevant. Let me ask you this? How many women have you slept with? None? Oh SO you are qualified to speak about the voraciousness of the female sexual appetite how?

Also, how would you know women don't lie to you?

There is truth in passion.

We have been know to be "Nice" too. Oh...and how would you even know you know far more women sexually than I do?

DO you want to trade numbers? Are you gay?

Sounds to me it's you who is the naive one.
You have based your statements on your limited personal experience, and you don't seem to have a very high libido.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:Do you know what it's like to actually be a woman and experience menstruation, pregnancy. menopause, etc? Are you as emotionally developed? ...
Given that these appear to all be times when womens 'emotional development' goes out the window to the hormone, I'd think you were defeating your own question.
given how much male emotions fluctuate across a day the emotional changes caused by the menstrual cycle are pretty minor

i have seen a man go from normal to batshit crazy berserk because his car got stratched for instance

female emotions do not fluctuate like that over trivial stuff

men who complain about 'that time of the month' are hypocritical idiots[/quote]

You are young. Have you started your periods yet?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

artisticsolution wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:Given that these appear to all be times when womens 'emotional development' goes out the window to the hormone, I'd think you were defeating your own question.
Hi Arising,

Yes, I see what you mean but those were all separate questions in no particular order. But now that you brought it up...it is a fallacy of man's that Emotional outbursts during certain times of the month means that a woman's metal state is less than. I was talking about emotional IQ which I think Chaz is lacking. To me he seems stunted due to over confidence thinking he knows what it is to be a woman. Yes, we feel emotions stronger but you have no idea how deep they go or how accurate they are unless she is telling you the truth which women often omit. What you see on the surface may not be a reflection of what she is thinking. Most women talk very differently around men ( esp.the ones they have slept with) that they do around other women. I think Chaz thinks since he has sexually been with women he "knows" what they are thinking. I say he is fooling himself....not only that...I don't think his massive ego would ever allow him to admit I might be right.
You are assuming that I am a fucker - like most other men are.

But I am not your average emotionally limited man. I've never just fucked a women. Sex has always been an emotionally and sensitive experience which has had to involve emotional attachment.
The initial statements you made - way back to which I am responding - seem to reflect a poor and limited experience of sex in your case. I regret that you have not had to opportunity of experiencing a wider and more fulfilling experience with your 'choice' of partners- be they man or women.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:Hmmm...Okay, so I guess you got me on a technicality as I do not know the women in other countries. I suppose women there always tell you the truth? They never fake orgasms? They always mean it when they say they love you?

Seems far fetched to me but you may be right...they might always say what they mean and mean what they say. If that is the case, then I take back all I have said. You and Chaz probably do know all there is to know about women.
:lol: Who can know all there is about anyone? Who ever always tells the truth? A large chunk appear to have stopped faking such things,.
Not even a woman can fake an ejaculation!
... and no women have got that kind of acting skill to be able to fake any kind of decent orgasm that would fool any reasonable lover. Meg Ryan did not fool me! :D
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Hello artisticsolution,

Your post below has stood out to me ever since I originally read it.

The writing seems un-apologetically honest-and extremely well written.

I'm re-posting your post in it's entirety.

Sometimes you can be such a twat Bill.