Philosophy Now Issue 80 - The Human Condition

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RickLewis

Philosophy Now Issue 80 - The Human Condition

Post by RickLewis »

Happy to say that the new issue is out now! The theme is The Human Condition, and we have articles on happiness, laughter, coolness and addiction, among other things.

The issue is just being dispatched to subscribers at the moment, but it up on our website already:

http://philosophynow.org

Hope you like it.
artisticsolution

Re: Philosophy Now Issue 80 - The Human Condition

Post by artisticsolution »

Hi Rick,

I was unable to find the last couple of issues of philosophy now at my local bookstore. Are you still sending the magazine to the US or is there just an overwhelming demand for the philosophy now mag in vegas? I will either have to camp outside of the bookstore to ensure I get it hot off the press or break down and get a subscription.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Philosophy Now is still being supplied to the US news-trade in numbers as big as ever, but individual bookstores do sometimes cancel their orders, and sometimes new stores start selling it. Have you tried asking the people in that bookstore where it has gone, and if they are still selling Philosophy Now?

If you would like me to contact the bookstore or contact our US distributors (Disticor) to ask them for more info, just say the word! And thanks for caring enough to wonder where it was. I appreciate that. :)

Anja and I went to Vegas last year for our anniversary. We didn't see the mag on sale then but that might have been because we were so busy getting our wedding vows renewed by Elvis. :oops: :lol:
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

RickLewis wrote:
Anja and I went to Vegas last year for our anniversary. We didn't see the mag on sale then but that might have been because we were so busy getting our wedding vows renewed by Elvis. :oops: :lol:
Thanks Rick!
I will make a point of asking where my Philosophy Now magazine went when I go into the 2 bookstores I frequent!

I wish you would have told me you were visiting. I could have got you comped to some shows on the strip! Next time let me know and I will set you up!
Richard Baron

Post by Richard Baron »

RickLewis wrote:we were so busy getting our wedding vows renewed by Elvis. :oops: :lol:
Rick, I don't remember your posting a link to the video on this forum. Tragically, I think the chapel only keeps them online for a few months.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Je vois la manoeuvre ... !
Richard B. wants to be asked to show the pictures of his own marriage ceremony ... :mrgreen:
Richard Baron

Post by Richard Baron »

duszek wrote:Je vois la manoeuvre ... !
Richard B. wants to be asked to show the pictures of his own marriage ceremony ... :mrgreen:
No, he does not. That was 25 years ago, and the marriage ended 19 years ago.
duszek

Post by duszek »

All right then.
If someone wants to see other people´s marriage ceremony he wants to do it himself too and probably already has a suit in his wardrobe for this occasion. Just go and check !
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Rick Lewis in an Elvis(All Hail the King!) Chapel :shock: :D

Please! Please! Rick, ask your good wife if you can post any of this up for a while :)
duszek

Post by duszek »

Arising also wants to see other people´s marriage vows being celebrated.

But I admit, marriage is too big a strain for most of us. So imagining one is a good solution.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Admit away duszek, I admit that I have no idea what you've been talking about? As many of us need no imagination and its 'renewed' marriage vows by our erstwhile host in an Elvis chapel. Now I've not met Rick but I've seen him in a video debate and would much like to see him standing in an Elvis chapel just for the metaphysical implications :lol:
But I also understand that RL understands that RB and I are twitting him and the information has also raised him yet higher in my estimation :)
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Richard Baron wrote:
RickLewis wrote:we were so busy getting our wedding vows renewed by Elvis. :oops: :lol:
Rick, I don't remember your posting a link to the video on this forum. Tragically, I think the chapel only keeps them online for a few months.
Tragically, I think you may be right. :D

Apologies to you and to Arising_uk. Naturally if I can find any stills on my computer I'll be happy to share them. I'm sure Anja would be okay about it but getting the thumbs up from Elvis could be tricky so don't hold your breath.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

RickLewis wrote:
Richard Baron wrote:
Tragically, I think you may be right. :D

Apologies to you and to Arising_uk. Naturally if I can find any stills on my computer I'll be happy to share them. I'm sure Anja would be okay about it but getting the thumbs up from Elvis could be tricky so don't hold your breath.
Rick,

Has having a wife and child changed your philosophy of life in any respect?

Tom