TRUMP AHEAD?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by Sculptor »

Take a moment and watch this video.
If you are pro-Trump, anti-Trump or just dont give a shit Trump.

Please explain to me how Trump is the nominated candidate for the Republican Party.
For me moment leave the whataboutery concerning Biden out of the equation for the moment.

Go through the pain of listening to this video till the end, and seriously tell me if you think the US would be in safe hands were Trump to win the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPmfhV2h2lQ
commonsense

Re: TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 pm Take a moment and watch this video.

Please explain to me how Trump is the nominated candidate for the Republican Party.
For me moment leave the whataboutery concerning Biden out of the equation for the moment.

Go through the pain of listening to this video till the end, and seriously tell me if you think the US would be in safe hands were Trump to win the election.

First of all, you must realize that Trump supporters have gone down the rabbit hole. He has his faults. His supporters have their excuses.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 pm Take a moment and watch this video.

First of all, you must realize that Trump supporters have gone down the rabbit hole. He has his faults. His supporters have their excuses.
I think I know that.
I am asking about whether Trump would in a safe pari of hands of the nuclear button, and on the reigns of power.
Last time he made a complete arse of himself but luckily COVID sort of clipped his wings.
Now I think we are in a dangerous position as the Chistian Nationalists have fully mobilised. Have you seen the provision of Project 2025?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

By all reports Trump is anything but a calm and cool individual. For that reason I feel it would be unsafe for him to have access to nuclear weapons.

I have skimmed parts of Project 2025 and just from what I’ve read, I doubt there is anything contained in the plan that Trump would be averse to executing.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

I have to say, guys, I'm amused by the nervousness. And I find it quite funny that Dem supporters actually think people should be all anxious and in knots about a possible second Trump term. If Trump does essentially what he did the last time in office, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Rather, it would suggest your border will be more secure, your food and gas cheaper, your international reputation more solid, and you'll be paying lower taxes for fewer wars. And that's pretty much what I think you should expect.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:26 pm I have to say, guys, I'm amused by the nervousness. And I find it quite funny that Dem supporters actually think people should be all anxious and in knots about a possible second Trump term. If Trump does essentially what he did the last time in office, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Rather, it would suggest your border will be more secure, your food and gas cheaper, your international reputation more solid, and you'll be paying lower taxes for fewer wars. And that's pretty much what I think you should expect.
Of course, you don't care either way, you're not an American, so you have an unbiased bias. 🙂
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:31 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:26 pm I have to say, guys, I'm amused by the nervousness. And I find it quite funny that Dem supporters actually think people should be all anxious and in knots about a possible second Trump term. If Trump does essentially what he did the last time in office, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Rather, it would suggest your border will be more secure, your food and gas cheaper, your international reputation more solid, and you'll be paying lower taxes for fewer wars. And that's pretty much what I think you should expect.
Of course, you don't care either way, you're not an American, so you have an unbiased bias. 🙂
I actually have no horse in the race. But I don't think Biden is anywhere close to mentally competent (which is why Sculpy is so dead against "whataboutery" at this particular moment, because she knows it, too), and I don't think Trump is the next Hitler. What's more, I actually think we all know both things; so it makes all the anxiety really, really odd...and rather funny.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:42 pm
I actually have no horse in the race. But I don't think Biden is anywhere close to mentally competent (which is why Sculpy is so dead against "whataboutery" at this particular moment, because she knows it, too), and I don't think Trump is the next Hitler. What's more, I actually think we all know both things; so it makes all the anxiety really, really odd...and rather funny.
But what sort of signal does it send to the world to have the most sorry excuse for a human being imaginable as the President of the USA? I'm surprised at you, Trump is the antithesis of everything you say you believe in.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:56 pm

But what sort of signal does it send to the world to have the most sorry excuse for a human being imaginable as the President of the USA? I'm surprised at you, Trump is the antithesis of everything you say you believe in.
What do you think that is? What's he for, that I should be against?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:21 pm
Well, knowing your views on subjective morality, I would have expected you to take a very dim view of people with absolutely no morality. I'm not privy to any information about Trump that you aren't, so you must know as well as I do what a total scum bag he is. I imagine it is his diabolical pact with the evangelicals that is swaying you. 👿
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Couldn’t an amoral narcissist qualify to be the next Hitler?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:00 pm

Well, knowing your views on subjective morality, I would have expected you to take a very dim view of people with absolutely no morality.
Be specific: what has he done, as president of the US, that I should be objecting to?

P.S. -- How are you, as a Subjectivist, managing to claim anybody lacks morality? You don't believe it's an objective reality at all. So what's your next accusation? Theft of unicorns? Failure to halt at a pixie crossing? Care Bear abuse? :wink:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:53 pm

Couldn’t an amoral narcissist qualify to be the next Hitler?
There are nothing but amoral narcissists in the uni-party in Washington these days, and they're all little Hitlers in their own way. What gives you reason to think that Trump would be especially bad in that respect?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:03 pm
Well, knowing your views on subjective morality, I would have expected you to take a very dim view of people with absolutely no morality.
Be specific: what has he done, as president of the US, that I should be objecting to?
If you don't object to him as a human being, then you aren't really going to understand my objections to him.
P.S. -- How are you, as a Subjectivist, managing to claim anybody lacks morality? You don't believe it's an objective reality at all.
I believe that morality has an objective existence as a shared human concept, it's just our specific moral values that are subjective. I don't get the impression that Trump has any moral values of any sort.
So what's your next accusation? Theft of unicorns? Failure to halt at a pixie crossing? Care Bear abuse? :wink:
Pretending to believe in God?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:24 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:03 pm

If you don't object to him as a human being, then you aren't really going to understand my objections to him.
I didn't say, either way. But it's not relevant.

You're a Subjectivist. You say you believe that morality is made up by the various "subjects" who hold to it. So what's your evidence that Trump does not hold up to the subjective morality he believes in? Have you become a mind-reader lately? :wink:

And if he did fail his own subjective morality, would he be objectively wrong for so doing? Do we actually all have a universal, objective duty to follow our own moral code, or can we fudge it when we want to? :?
P.S. -- How are you, as a Subjectivist, managing to claim anybody lacks morality? You don't believe it's an objective reality at all.
I believe that morality has an objective existence as a shared human concept, it's just our specific moral values that are subjective. I don't get the impression that Trump has any moral values of any sort.
So what's your next accusation? Theft of unicorns? Failure to halt at a pixie crossing? Care Bear abuse? :wink:
Pretending to believe in God?
Trump? Let's say he's only "pretending to believe in God," as you say.

How do you know? Are you in his mind again?

Is that objectively immoral?

But you're a Subjectivist, so how can you say it is?

But if it's not, then exactly what is the intention of your complaint or accusation, if that's what it's supposed to be?

Here's the interesting thing: you, a defender of Moral Subjectivism, suddenly want me to believe there's something objectively morally wrong, in this situation. How can you do that? :shock: