For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagsJ

Thinking for others, is dangerous..

Post by MagsJ »

_
Disclaimer: all thoughts, my own..*

Creating a herding mentality

Thinking for others ‘creates/has created’ the ‘toxicity/toxic environment’ we find ourselves in today.
--‘Thinking for/wanting to think for’ others, is a sign of wanting to dominate and control those people/the masses.. but for and to, what end? —>

What will happen over time

..the creation of weak-willed/weak-minded future generations to come, to be manipulated used and abused within the ‘hierarchy of [other people’s] needs/wants/whims’.. as has been evident in the entertainment, corporate, youth-corps, social services, and institutional industries/sectors.

Thus spake the people, or not

Those that require sheltering should obviously seek it.. those that do not, should not be encouraged or forced to be turned into victims, but be self-sufficient individuals of capable means and not be penalised for being so.
--What happened to “The future is bright”, for it is more a “Dreary shade of pale”.. no more ‘bright young things’, so more like ‘all average Joe and Jane’.

Are we the last generation/generations to enjoy the taste/smell/feel of freedom as we know it, or can we 'overcome'?
Sculptor

Re: Thinking for others, is dangerous..

Post by Sculptor »

Was diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago, but rather than start taking medication I looked ways to reverse the disease. The doctor simply did not know it was possible, but I had heard tales.
Long story short I completely reversed my diabetic state simply by trawling YouTube.
Recently I wanted to share what I had learned to help others by joining a FaceBook page on diabetic advice..
The resistance I got was staggering. It's almost as if people want to stay ill. They define themselves by their disease and seem that they would rather keep taking the meds and avoid simple changes in their diet that would make them better.

I was pretty horrified. People would rather die than think. And you can try to think for them, but so few were willing to listen.
Walker

Post by Walker »

MagsJ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:14 pm
Where does service fit into your thoughts? Some folks evolve a philosophy of service and live to serve. Other have service thrust upon them, which makes servitude exhausting rather than nourishing.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm Was diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago, but rather than start taking medication I looked ways to reverse the disease. The doctor simply did not know it was possible, but I had heard tales.
Long story short I completely reversed my diabetic state simply by trawling YouTube.
Recently I wanted to share what I had learned to help others by joining a FaceBook page on diabetic advice..
The resistance I got was staggering. It's almost as if people want to stay ill. They define themselves by their disease and seem that they would rather keep taking the meds and avoid simple changes in their diet that would make them better.

I was pretty horrified. People would rather die than think. And you can try to think for them, but so few were willing to listen.
What you did is truly admirable.

What you describe is kind of like non-intellectual meditation, like roydop advocates, in the sense of tremendous benefits, but only for doers.

I heard that Buddha almost quit trying before becoming a lifetime teacher.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:58 pm

He obviously didn't quit junk food.

Fatty.jpeg
Fatty.jpeg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm Was diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago, but rather than start taking medication I looked ways to reverse the disease. The doctor simply did not know it was possible, but I had heard tales.

What you did is truly admirable.

What you describe is kind of like non-intellectual meditation, like roydop advocates, in the sense of tremendous benefits, but only for doers.

Are you being ironically cynical, or do you mean what you say?
What I tried comes naturally, since I was a teacher for most of my working life and love people so share learning.
It's not as if I JUST used Youtube. I also read a stack of books to verify what I had uncovered.

It was nice to confirm what many suspect but have no real reason to assert; that nutritional science is plauged with bad science funded by big food corporations. Not having ten years to do the research there are books written up by people that have done the necessary research,
Let me know if you want me to share my reading list..
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:14 pm

He obviously didn't quit junk food.

Fatty.jpeg
Back then being fat was a sign of oppulence. ANd since there was no such things as junk food, you could be healthy and fat at the same time. Obvously he was not great at running for the bus, but once again since there were no busses this did not prove difficult.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

MagsJ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:14 pmAre we the last generation/generations to enjoy the taste/smell/feel of freedom as we know it, or can we 'overcome'?
I think there are great freedoms to come...but they won't be 'easy' anymore, like they were in the 80s, 90s, 00s.

The political, cultural, societal, religious battles are becoming fiercer, with much more on the line than ever before.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 am
I think
It's just that you're not very good at it.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 amIt's just that you're not very good at it.
You don't even know what thinking is.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:

He explored the gamut of self-discovery.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 pm
No, not being cynical. Quite a good thing you did, and not easy.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:14 pm
:lol:

He explored the gamut of self-discovery.
He adopted a Vegan diet!!!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:18 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 pm
No, not being cynical. Quite a good thing you did, and not easy.
Ta.
I'm still trying and starting to get through to people now.