God is...

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: God is...

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:38 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:15 pm
Age wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 pm And,

Who God is, by another name, is the Mind, Itself.

And,

What God is, by another name, is the Mind, Itself.

Both being the Creator of all and every thing.
If you say so.
One being the all-knowing omni-scient Spirit, in the invisible sense, and, the other being the all-powerful and omni-potent of all and every thing, in the visible sense.
OK.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:45 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:40 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:15 am
Do you mean to say that God is critically necessary to facilitate the survival of the majority of humans by soothing dissonance or do you mean to say that God = "an idea that is critically necessary to facilitate the survival of the majority of humans by soothing dissonance"?
In this case, God is merely a thought, an idea never a real physical entity.
For theists this idea or thought is reified as real and it works for them.

For some, they understand it is not real but nevertheless proceed to believe in a God because it works to soothe their existential angsts.
It is like sexual fantasies of 'person' as 'real' which facilitates sex.

When children talk to certain friends which has an impact on them psychologically and behavior wise, to them it is as real and the physical ones, but to adults, they are merely thoughts in their head.
It is the same with a child conception of Santa as real [adult know it is merely a thought or idea].

It is the same with schizophrenics who realized their "hallucinations" [we know is illusory] as real and some will act upon what the hallucinated figure commands them to do.
Does God exist?
This can only be answered properly and Correctly once you provide us with your definition of the God word.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:39 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:15 pm

If you say so.
One being the all-knowing omni-scient Spirit, in the invisible sense, and, the other being the all-powerful and omni-potent of all and every thing, in the visible sense.
OK.
In what sense are you saying, 'OK', here, exactly?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:44 am

OK.
Why are you asking?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:10 pm Is God?
God is the nameless thing of a thousand names. It’s also worthwhile to consider …
“Man has throughout the ages been seeking something beyond himself, beyond material welfare - something we call truth or God or reality, a timeless state - something that cannot be disturbed by circumstances, by thought or by human corruption.

“Man has always asked the question: what is it all about? Has life any meaning at all? He sees the enormous confusion of life, the brutalities, the revolt, the wars, the endless divisions of religion, ideology and nationality, and with a sense of deep abiding frustration he asks, what is one to do, what is this thing we call living, is there anything beyond it?

“And not finding this nameless thing of a thousand names which he has always sought, he has cultivated faith - faith in a saviour or an ideal – and faith invariably breeds violence.
- Freedom From The Known
Comment: Faith invariably breeds violence … because in order to stymie extermination, self-defense invariably requires violence.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:02 am in order to stymie extermination, self-defense invariably requires violence.
Does it?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:47 am

OK.
Why are you asking?
As always, 'I am curios and interested to learn and know more'.

Are you saying, 'ok', in the sense, that what I have said and written here is just my view, you accept and agree with the definition/s of what 'God is' that I have provided here, or something else?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:04 am

Why are you asking?

Are you saying, 'ok', in the sense, that what I have said and written here is just my view, you accept and agree with the definition/s of what 'God is' that I have provided here, or something else?
What else am I supposed to say when someone else tells me all about God?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:04 am
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:02 am in order to stymie extermination, self-defense invariably requires violence.
Does it?
Not if you're a worthless load who does not defend what is precious and allows any random fool to exterminate you and yours on any pretext or whim.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:06 am What else am I supposed to say when someone else tells me all about God?
You're supposed to say, Self, pay attention and ponder before piping up because more answers are found in silence than in cute and clever questions off the cuff.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:09 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:04 am
Does it?
Not if you're a worthless load who does not defend what is precious and allows any random fool to exterminate you and yours on any pretext or whim.
So it's fight to the death or be "exterminated"? Do you have any other theories about life? That one kind of sucks.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:06 am
Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:04 am

Why are you asking?

What else am I supposed to say when someone else tells me all about God?
As always you are 'supposed' to say, and do, absolutely whatever you 'want to say, and do'.

Just like I am 'wanting to' better understand why you are saying what you are here and what you are meaning, exactly?

Now, would you like to share the reason/s why you have said what you have here?

For example, do you agree with and accept what I have said and written here about what 'God is'?

With way why or why not?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 am Now, would you like to share the reason/s why you have said what you have here?
I said what I have said in the hopes that the world will be a little better than it was when I first encountered it. Or even if it merely continues another generation or more, that would be worthwhile also. Other than that, I don't know why else I've said what I've said.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:43 am
Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 am Now, would you like to share the reason/s why you have said what you have here?
I said what I have said in the hopes that the world will be a little better than it was when I first encountered it. Or even if it merely continues another generation or more, that would be worthwhile also. Other than that, I don't know why else I've said what I've said.
I am still just referring to the 'OK' word that you said and wrote here before.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:50 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:43 am
I am still just referring to the 'OK' word that you said and wrote here before.
My reply includes that response of mine also.