Is ideology a means to an end?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

risaperis

Is ideology a means to an end?

Post by risaperis »

Early on I decided that adopting an ideology was a sign of laziness as it carved a protective hole where one could curl up and feel content rather than think and feel unsure. What would Plato do, what would Jesus do, what would Marx do...on and on. If you don't want the labor of thinking then adopt an ideology. Ideology texts will tell you what to think.

Ideology is used in politics, but is it genuine, a guide through uncertainty, or is it a means to violence, wars, and revolutions, and aiding the select few in gaining power over the many? Is there anything redeeming in an ideology? Or is it merely a deceptive means towards a violent end?

Re: Is ideology a means to an end?

Post by Age »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:28 pm Early on I decided that adopting an ideology was a sign of laziness as it carved a protective hole where one could curl up and feel content rather than think and feel unsure. What would Plato do, what would Jesus do, what would Marx do...on and on. If you don't want the labor of thinking then adopt an ideology. Ideology texts will tell you what to think.

Ideology is used in politics, but is it genuine, a guide through uncertainty, or is it a means to violence, wars, and revolutions, and aiding the select few in gaining power over the many? Is there anything redeeming in an ideology? Or is it merely a deceptive means towards a violent end?
The word 'ideology' can also just mean or refer to as 'that' what one sees as being an 'ideal' outcome, or an 'ideal idea', which others might see as being impossible to come about or just to fanciful to ever become true and real.

So, like absolutely all words and even all things, it all depends on how one is 'looking at' and 'seeing' things here.

'Ideology' like all other words just means whatever one wants 'it' to mean.

Asking what others think 'a word' means, while one has already chosen to believe what 'that word' means, and thus they are 'sitting in', 'curling up with', and feeling 'content' in their 'protective hole' 'now', can be 'looked at' and 'seen' as that one just fishing, luring, or 'trolling', for others to just pick a fight or argument with. While 'knowing' or more correctly 'believing' that they already have the one and only 'meaning', "them" 'self'.

The word 'ideology' can be a great thing when it is merely just 'an idea', which might well cause and create what 'it' is that every one, really, wants and desires. The 'ideology' of peace and harmony for and with absolutely every one, as One, for example, is 'ideology' of nothing that is deceptive, bad, wrong, nor which could nor would do any thing towards any thing other than what every one just Truly wants and desires anyway.

So, once more, it all depends on 'the way' one is 'looking at' and 'seeing' things, HERE.

If you want to 'look at' and 'see' 'ideology' as being deceptive, leading towards violence and wars and texts of will only tell you what to think, then you are perfectly free to have and hold onto this view or belief. But, just be aware that not all will share 'this ideology', or view, 'with you'.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:28 pm Ideology … is it genuine … Or is it merely a deceptive means towards a violent end?
Which ideology did you mean?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... ideologies
godelian

Post by godelian »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:28 pm Ideology is used in politics, but is it genuine, a guide through uncertainty, or is it a means to violence, wars, and revolutions, and aiding the select few in gaining power over the many? Is there anything redeeming in an ideology? Or is it merely a deceptive means towards a violent end?
An ideology is an untested idea. After the proponents manage to grab power, it sooner or later falls apart and gets abandoned. Examples:

Fascism (and nazism). Good at singling out enemies and fueling hatred against them. Ended up designating too many enemies and predictably lost the war.

Communism. Not so good at singling out enemies and not so good at fueling hatred against the arch-enemy, the "bourgeoisie". Put in place a bureaucracy of apparatchik that became the new bourgeoisie" who effectively professed self-hatred. Failed to motivate the populace to work harder in order to fund the lavish lifestyle of the new elite.

Democracy. Initially thrived by singling out fascism and communism as its enemies. After these seemingly worse ideologies predictably collapsed earlier than democracy, democracy proceeded by developing its own brand of self-defeating self-hatred. It appointed a class of accredited victims as the new elite, i.e. feminist women. Now busy collapsing because no man wants to marry or have children with them. Fascism and communism may be overall bad ideas but they do have the benefit of being biologically sustainable. A fascist society can survive long-term. A communist society can too. A democratic society cannot.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

It appointed a class of accredited victims as the new elite, i.e. feminist women. Now busy collapsing because no man wants to marry or have children with them.

lol You an incel, dude? You sound like an incel.
godelian

Post by godelian »

mickthinks wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:55 pm It appointed a class of accredited victims as the new elite, i.e. feminist women. Now busy collapsing because no man wants to marry or have children with them.

lol You an incel, dude? You sound like an incel.
I live in SE Asia. So, I am not deemed an "incel" but a "passport bro". I left the West before the term "incel" was even invented. So, I have no clue as to who exactly is considered an incel. In fact, I got labeled a "passport bro" retroactively.

But then again, since your counterargument is a personal ad hominem attack, you indulge in what Kevin Samuels called "SIGN language", Shaming, Insults, Gaslighting, and the Need to be right.

In Samuels' analysis, SIGN language is the hallmark of the masculine, modern woman. Just check any debate in Youtube with a modern, western woman in it. Good examples are the "Whatever podcast" and "Fresh and Fit". They never address the point being raised. They always personally attack the other side of the debate. If you are a man, then you talk like a women. That is the hallmark of the feminized simp. A good example is "Destiny". He is a man but he talks like a woman.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

pigeon holing is just something the human animal does...

-Imp