Hello everyone. I'm happy to be here.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Splittingcheese

Hello everyone. I'm happy to be here.

Post by Splittingcheese »

Great to finally find a group of people who are interested in philosophical discussions. To be honest i think reading too much Ecclesiastes as a child raised in a christian home really did a number on me mentally. I just don't think it is healthy for a child to have to consume that much teachings about "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity." It's really no surprise that i grew up to later find some of Emil Cioran's work. Anyways, that's just basically me and how i got hooked on philosphy. So looking forward to the interactions here with everyone. Let's have that philosophy question Now! :D
FlashDangerpants

Re: Hello everyone. I'm happy to be here.

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Splittingcheese wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:21 pm I just don't think it is healthy for a child to have to consume that much teachings about "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity."
Perhaps that is a recipe for a frustrating childhood experience. However, it is very good preparation for internet philosophy so everything might even out.
Splittingcheese

Post by Splittingcheese »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:56 am
Splittingcheese wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:21 pm I just don't think it is healthy for a child to have to consume that much teachings about "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity."
Perhaps that is a recipe for a frustrating childhood experience. However, it is very good preparation for internet philosophy so everything might even out.
Lol i agree with this 100%
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Welcome. Here's most of the answers: https://kaiserbasileus.substack.com/p/m ... a-nutshell
hickmankay20

Post by hickmankay20 »

Splittingcheese wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:21 pm Great to finally find a group of people who are interested in philosophical discussions. To be honest i think reading too much Ecclesiastes as a child raised in a christian home really did a number on me mentally. I just don't doodle jumpthink it is healthy for a child to have to consume that much teachings about "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity." It's really no surprise that i grew up to later find some of Emil Cioran's work. Anyways, that's just basically me and how i got hooked on philosphy. So looking forward to the interactions here with everyone. Let's have that philosophy question Now! :D
I'm majoring in philosophy, if you want to exchange knowledge, you can DM me. Nice to meet you