Complexity, deception and Occam

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: Complexity, deception and Occam

Post by roydop »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:55 pm
OMG.
I thought you'd gone
Nope. Still here. Still the greatest philosopher of all time.

Still ignored, laughed at and ridiculed in this shit-hole of delusion
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:24 pm
OMG.
I thought you'd gone

And how do you suppose your theory/philosophy, whatever you want to call it, is going to make the world a better place?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Still the greatest philosopher of all time.
Never mind that, but why is his billiard table deep neon blue?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

OMG.
I thought you'd gone

:D :D :D :D
roydop

Post by roydop »

Harbal wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 pm

OMG.
I thought you'd gone

And how do you suppose your theory/philosophy, whatever you want to call it, is going to make the world a better place?
It is revealing the singular fundamental source of all problems and suffering, and the cure.

The cure is to silence thought. The voice in consciousness is deceiving you and all of humanity. But the delusion is very deeply rooted and the vast majority of humanity will not engage in a singularly-focused meditation practice
roydop

Post by roydop »

Atla wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:55 pm
It's royal purple. And how much pool have you played? Is there any reason why it shouldn't be the color it is (it couldn't possibly be any other color and if you knew as much as you think you do about reality, you would know this)?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:45 pm

It is revealing the singular fundamental source of all problems and suffering, and the cure.

The cure is to silence thought. The voice in consciousness is deceiving you and all of humanity. But the delusion is very deeply rooted and the vast majority of humanity will not engage in a singularly-focused meditation practice
That's a pathetic answer, roy.
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:48 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:55 pm
It's royal purple. And how much pool have you played? Is there any reason why it shouldn't be the color it is (it couldn't possibly be any other color and if you knew as much as you think you do about reality, you would know this)?
Ok royal purple then. Is it better than other colors? Maybe you're Minoan
Atla

Post by Atla »

Harbal wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:50 pm

You don't get the TRUTH, but I'll help you out. You have to stop thinking by shutting down your neocortex, let the reptilian brain handle things from there. Developing NPD or something similar, by doing so. Once you are a pure non-thinking malignant narcissist, nothing will ever bother you again and you'll be happy.
roydop

Post by roydop »

It's THE answer

I'm not doing this for recognition or to be right, I'm doing this to help humanity out of delusion and suffering
roydop

Post by roydop »

Atla wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:29 pm

You don't get the TRUTH, but I'll help you out. You have to stop thinking by shutting down your neocortex, let the reptilian brain handle things from there. Developing NPD or something similar, by doing so. Once you are a pure non-thinking malignant narcissist, nothing will ever bother you again and you'll be happy.
What you don't seem to understand is that what I'm talking about is TRANSCENDENCE of thought, which is the next evolutionary step of increasing Self-Awareness. You don't know of the state I am referring to so you automatically think it's a lesser state of evolution
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:11 pm

It's THE answer

I'm not doing this for recognition or to be right, I'm doing this to help humanity out of delusion and suffering
Well good luck with that, but I won't be requiring your services. Thinking is one of the few pleasures I have left in life.
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:14 pm

What you don't seem to understand is that what I'm talking about is TRANSCENDENCE of thought, which is the next evolutionary step of increasing Self-Awareness. You don't know of the state I am referring to so you automatically think it's a lesser state of evolution
Transcendence of thought doesn't bring the end of all problems and suffering. I've been in that state for 14 years. You've no idea what you're talking about.

Post by Age »

The cure is to silence thought.
But why would anyone want to silence any True or Right thought?

Being able to differentiate between the True and Right thoughts from the False and Wrong thoughts very helpful, but wanting to silence all thoughts will never lead to 'knowing', which is what is need in order to make 'the world's a better place.
roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:45 pm The voice in consciousness is deceiving you and all of humanity.
So, in the voice that says what is written under the name and label "roydop" deceiving also?

If no, then why not?
roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:45 pm But the delusion is very deeply rooted and the vast majority of humanity will not engage in a singularly-focused meditation practice
After 'you' engage in some so-called meditation practice why do you then express thoughts here? Why do not silence thoughts, especially considering how much they are fooling and deceiving you here "roydop"?

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:14 pm

But, once you also reach full Self-Awareness, if you do, then you will realize that silencing thoughts is, and was, not necessary to begin with anyway.