My objections to the claim of God's perfection

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

godelian

Re: My objections to the claim of God's perfection

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:39 am
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:57 am All respect is ultimately based on the fear for reprisals.
Is that what you really mean to say? Or do you mean to say that you are unable to respect anyone who can't call you out on; and even put an end to your bullshit?
As I pointed out, what we need, is a military solution. I was counting on Vladimir Putin and the Russian Federation, but they keep dragging their feet. The question is: How to encourage them to finally make a move?

Of course, I will keep expressing my gratitude to the Taliban for unceremoniously deporting NATO from Kabul Airport. They certainly did a great job. The question remains, however, who will take it from there? Who will complete the unfinished work? Everybody seems to be too busy ... except for our good friend, Vladimir Putin. He could probably do it, but unfortunately, he still doesn't.

Seriously, the West needs to be thoroughly humiliated.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:05 am As I pointed out, what we need, is a military solution. I was counting on Vladimir Putin and the Russian Federation, but they keep dragging their feet. The question is: How to encourage them to finally make a move?

Of course, I will keep expressing my gratitude to the Taliban for unceremoniously deporting NATO from Kabul Airport. They certainly did a great job. The question remains, however, who will take it from there? Who will complete the unfinished work? Everybody seems to be too busy ... except for our good friend, Vladimir Putin. He could probably do it, but unfortunately, he still doesn't.

Seriously, the West needs to be thoroughly humiliated.
So is it as I feared then? You are incapable of respecting anyone who cannot effectively humiliate you?
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:08 am So is it as I feared then? You are incapable of respecting anyone who cannot effectively humiliate you?
You seem to be unable to see the bigger picture. It is not about individuals. You can achieve nothing at the individual level. What difference does it make?

The problem is geopolitical. We need a multi-polar world without a single superpower dictating everyone else. Vladimir Putin says that he wants to achieve that, but I am still waiting for his efforts to materialize. The dollar is still around. I thought that it would be gone by now. Maybe I am a bit impatient. I know that patience is a virtue. So, let's wait for the inevitable to finally materialize. That will allow us to finally throw a big celebration party.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 am You seem to be unable to see the bigger picture. It is not about individuals. You can achieve nothing at the individual level. What difference does it make?
I didn't say it's about individuals. I am talking about social psychology. The psychology of individuals becomes the psychology of nations.

Are the only countries/cultures you could ever respect those who are capable of effectively humiliating you?
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 am The problem is geopolitical. We need a multi-polar world without a single superpower dictating everyone else.
What single superpower? Why do you view nations as monoliths and not aliances? Why do you view NATO as a monolith; and not an alliance?
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 am Vladimir Putin says that he wants to achieve that, but I am still waiting for his efforts to materialize.
So you actually want him to make Russia a monolithic super-power?
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 am The dollar is still around. I thought that it would be gone by now. Maybe I am a bit impatient. I know that patience is a virtue. So, let's wait for the inevitable to finally materialize. That will allow us to finally throw a big celebration party.
So when the dollar disappears, when the USA collapses and Russia becomes the single superpower dictating to everyone else; when your idol dominates - then you'll celebrate?

The greatest predictor of geopolitics continues to be testosterone...
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:26 am So when the dollar disappears, when the USA collapses and Russia becomes the single superpower dictating to everyone else - then you'll celebrate?
Neither Russia nor China are in a position to dictate anybody. They may rumble a bit with some of their neighbors but that's it, really.

The Russian Federation does not have the wherewithal to dominate the entire globe. I am absolutely not worried about that.

However, they are in an excellent position to thoroughly humiliate NATO. Since they can, why don't they?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:32 am However, they are in an excellent position to thoroughly humiliate NATO. Since they can, why don't they?
Woah, dude! Domination, humiliation, subjugation ... do you spot a theme in your dialogue?

Do you exercise the option to humiliate every person that you can humiliate?
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 am
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:32 am However, they are in an excellent position to thoroughly humiliate NATO. Since they can, why don't they?
Woah, dude! Domination, humiliation, subjugation ... do you spot a theme in your dialogue?

Do you exercise the option to humiliate every person that you can humiliate?
Look, they live by the sword. So, let them die by the sword.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:52 am Look, they live by the sword. So, let them die by the sword.
Who are "they"? When in recent human history have you known Sweden; or Finland to "live by the sword"?

You can thank Mr Putin for them suddenly finding the urge to join NATO.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:57 am
Age wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:31 am No loving parent, nor adult, punishes a child, ever.
In my opinion, tough love is a necessity:
This one is showing what it was taught to believe is true.

Also, what is 'love', exactly?

And, then when you define 'this' for 'us' here, then what is 'tough love', exactly?
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:57 am
https://www.al-islam.org/principles-upb ... punishment

Islam does permit reprimanding and beating the child for purposes of correction and, in fact, orders such action. We find that the youth in the Western countries go astray because of excess of freedom given to them.
All respect is ultimately based on the fear for reprisals.
If one only 'respects' because of 'fear', then here is a prime example of more Wrong doing.
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:57 am The same also applies to the relationship with God, who will not omit to chastise grave sinners. Furthermore, the permissive, woke, feminist and LGBTQ ideology of the West is absolutely not universal. On the contrary, it is considered a blasphemous depravity by at least 90% of the world population.
Okay, if you say so.

But I am now just wondering where did you get the 90% of the word population figure from, exactly?

Also, 90% is obviously an absolutely False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect figure.
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:57 am To my great pleasure and satisfaction, the West is now also busy irritating the Russian Federation to no end with its bullshit woke ideology. I am waiting for Vladimir Putin to finally lose his patience and to order a general advance on the military positions of NATO. The ones who claim to believe in woke, feminist, LGBTQ ideology, will at that point be able to prove that they are willing to risk their lives and die for what they believe in.
Okay.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am If one only 'respects' because of 'fear', then here is a prime example of more Wrong doing.
Maybe the police should also stop using force? By the way, when they do, all the shops close.

Retail giant closes 9 stores in liberal cities as theft reaches crisis point
Age wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am But I am now just wondering where did you get the 90% of the word population figure from, exactly?
Also, 90% is obviously an absolutely False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect figure.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/374 ... -religion/
Atheist: 14.4%
Religious: 85.6%
So, approximately 90%.
By the way, atheists don't reproduce particularly much.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:33 am
Atheist: 14.4%
Religious: 85.6%
So, approximately 90%.
Meaningless statistics.
Silly comment.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:23 am
godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:52 am Look, they live by the sword. So, let them die by the sword.
Who are "they"? When in recent human history have you known Sweden; or Finland to "live by the sword"?

You can thank Mr Putin for them suddenly finding the urge to join NATO.
There seem to be only two European countries really interested in confronting the Russian Federation: Great Britain and France (but less so).

I am quite confident that they will manage to drag the other countries in NATO along in their silly adventures.

I do not want anybody to stop them from provoking the Russian bear. Let them lick their wounds instead. There is no other cure for their arrogance.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Harbal wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:03 pm
Silly comment.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 1211031320
This study proposes and explores a new fertility determinant: societal secularism. Using country-level data from multiple sources (n = 181) and multilevel data from 58 countries in the World Values Survey (n = 83,301), the author documents a strong negative relationship between societal secularism and both country-level fertility rates and individual-level fertility behavior. Secularism, even in small amounts, is associated with population stagnation or even decline absent substantial immigration, whereas highly religious countries have higher fertility rates that promote population growth. This country-level pattern is driven by more than aggregate lower fertility of secular individuals. In fact, societal secularism is a better predictor of highly religious individuals’ fertility behavior than that of secular individuals, and this pattern is largely a function of cultural values related to gender, reproduction, and autonomy in secular societies. Beyond their importance for the religious composition of the world population, the patterns presented in this study are relevant to key fertility theories and could help account for below-replacement fertility.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:16 pm There seem to be only two European countries really interested in confronting the Russian Federation: Great Britain and France (but less so).

I am quite confident that they will manage to drag the other countries in NATO along in their silly adventures.

I do not want anybody to stop them from provoking the Russian bear. Let them lick their wounds instead. There is no other cure for their arrogance.
But in the culture wars confrontation doesn't benefit anyone... In fact, re-allocating all this capital to the war machine is not profitable to anyone.

The way the Russian benemoth dies is brain drain and economic and cultural irrelevance.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:25 pm But in the culture wars confrontation doesn't benefit anyone...

The way the Russian empire dies is brain drain and economic irrelevance.
The three imperial poles US-EU, Russia, and China are busy collapsing from within. That is a good thing because that further removes their ability to harass everybody else.

Russia and China do not even have the wherewithal for their imperial ambitions. But then again, they could still do us the favor of dealing a massive blow to the US-EU, which is the most obnoxious of the three. Party time all over!