Oh well.

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Oh well.

Post by Gary Childress »

I've lived at home all my life. I've been lazy, irresponsible, and good for nothing. My dad was never proud of me. One time he mentioned quite frankly to some neighbors we had over that he would spend more money to save the family dog if it were sick than he would to save me. I've only been an embarrassment to him. He passed away last year.

I'm a turd, a mistake. I came out of the wrong hole or something when I was born. Dad used to call me "Booboo" when I was a kid. Booboo was the name of a timid and dimwitted character from a cartoon in the 1960s. That was me.

I'm an only child. It was just my dad, my mom, and me. All three of us were "turds". I'm thankful I don't have kids. I would have made a terrible father. My kid(s) would probably have had mental problems and probably been good for nothing also. That's fine. I can't change who I've been or how I got here. I can maybe change who I am but to be honest, I don't care anymore. I'm tired of being the butt of society. So I just lay down and dream of nightmares.

Yes, I have what can only be described as horrific nightmares when I go into psychosis. I suppose it's fitting.

Life is not fair. That's about all I know about this world. Maybe I'll go to hell someday. That's fine too. I don't want to go to heaven. I'd rather not meet the God who created this world. I hope Hell isn't horrible. I've had horrible delusions in my psychoses that seemed like hell. Maybe they were a prelude to where I'm going or what is going to happen to me.

So what's the point if I'm doomed? I'm beyond salvation. I don't even want to change. I've grown accustomed to being a "turd". About the only thing I can't stand in this world are compliments. I never feel like I deserve them. I generally feel more at home when people insult me or look down on me.

I don't fear God. And we all know that "God-fearing people" are God's favorites. God seems to want me to fear him. That's fine. But I don't. Oh well.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Oh well.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What a vile p**** of a father. No wonder you grew up with no self esteem. There is NO such thing as a 'turd child'. ALL children are amazing.
And don't stick up for him. Good riddance.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:07 am
As it applies to philosophy and experience, suffering and peace of mind are not incompatable.
vegetariantaxidermy

Right, because suffering gets you closer to jebus, as that vile old charlatan thief Mother Teresa always maintained as she flew around the world in private jets...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:25 am What a vile p**** of a father. No wonder you grew up with no self esteem. There is NO such thing as a 'turd child'. ALL children are amazing.
I appreciate the sentiment. I wish it were the case that I shouldn't stick up for him, but he was apparently traumatized as a kid by his older cousins who would dangle and taunt him over a rattlesnake cage when they were out snake hunting. He conveyed that story to us on a few occasions. It's amazing to me that he was able to make it as far as fatherhood. He grew up on a small farm in Idaho. I'm basically one foot out of being trailer trash. He was generally kind to everyone except his family members. In reality, his only mistake was having a child I suppose. He wasn't equipped to raise one but he did his best, I guess.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:12 am Right, because suffering gets you closer to jebus, as that vile old charlatan thief Mother Teresa always maintained as she flew around the world in private jets...
Myth
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

mickthinks wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:52 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:12 am Right, because suffering gets you closer to jebus, as that vile old charlatan thief Mother Teresa always maintained as she flew around the world in private jets...
Myth
Are you saying it's a myth that Mother Teresa flew in private jets? Or are you concurring with those who believe that Christianity is based on mythology?
vegetariantaxidermy

mickthinks wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:52 am
Myth
Hardly. Anyone with half a brain (sorry, but you don't cut it) would question how she could get millions in donations yet her patients (victims) were lying on the floor in squalor. She could have built a modern hospital. She even witheld pain medication. Her billionaire friends would fly her on their jets. She also needed to check on her off-shore bank accounts.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:25 am What a vile p**** of a father. No wonder you grew up with no self esteem. There is NO such thing as a 'turd child'. ALL children are amazing.
I appreciate the sentiment. I wish it were the case that I shouldn't stick up for him, but he was apparently traumatized as a kid by his older cousins who would dangle and taunt him over a rattlesnake cage when they were out snake hunting. He conveyed that story to us on a few occasions. It's amazing to me that he was able to make it as far as fatherhood. He grew up on a small farm in Idaho. I'm basically one foot out of being trailer trash. He was generally kind to everyone except his family members. In reality, his only mistake was having a child I suppose. He wasn't equipped to raise one but he did his best, I guess.
'Did his best'. Hmm. You could say that about anyone. What does it even mean? His 'best' was lower than a snake's belly. FFS. What kind of genes do you have exactly? 'Dangling over rattlesnakes'? Sounds like you have risen about a mile ABOVE the level of your degenerate father.
vegetariantaxidermy

And they need to leave those rattlesnakes alone. They were there long before those redneck, inbred, banjo-playing, toothless hillbillies were!
vegetariantaxidermy

Not that I have anything against the banjo..
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:38 pm And they need to leave those rattlesnakes alone. They were there long before those redneck, inbred, banjo-playing, toothless hillbillies were!
Yeah. I never get the rattlesnake hunting thing. I try to stay away from venomous snakes. The last thing I want to do is go around actively looking for them. Dad had a phobia of snakes, unsurprisingly.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:03 pm
Hardly. Anyone with half a brain (sorry, but you don't cut it) would question how she could get millions in donations yet her patients (victims) were lying on the floor in squalor. She could have built a modern hospital. She even witheld pain medication. Her billionaire friends would fly her on their jets. She also needed to check on her off-shore bank accounts.
A myth doubled down on is still a myth.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

mickthinks wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:57 pm
I remember Christopher Hitchens doing an "expose" on Mother Teresa. It was pretty harsh. I suppose maybe she didn't deserve it. She was reported to have had only a couple of possessions to her name when she died, a bowl and some clothing I think it was. But Hitchens was particularly harsh over the way she ran her hospital in Calcutta. Apparently, they would reuse needles and other unsterile practices. Though, I don't know all the ins and outs of her work or how true Hitchen's claims were.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:12 pm
mickthinks wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:57 pm
I remember Christopher Hitchens doing an "expose" on Mother Teresa. It was pretty harsh. I suppose maybe she didn't deserve it. She was reported to have had only a couple of possessions to her name when she died, a bowl and some clothing I think it was. But Hitchens was particularly harsh over the way she ran her hospital in Calcutta. Apparently, they would reuse needles and other unsterile practices. Though, I don't know all the ins and outs of her work or how true Hitchen's claims were.
Anyone with at least half a brain would know that she received millions in donations. What happened to them? They certainly weren't being spent on her 'patients'. India has modern hospitals.