For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: has philosophy lost its way?

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:50 pm
Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:38 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:01 pm
Perhaps a better, more specific topic is Has Philosophy Now lost its way and how? (but for me it's been partly lost since I joined. I don't know if it had a way before that or what it was)
Philosophy Now forum died in 2019 or so, maybe earlier. Since then it's merely for entertainment but not for philosophy.
Why do you pick 2019? It seems like it's been pretty much the same at least since I joined. I mean, maybe it was different before I joined and I'm the one who killed Philoosphy Now. I suppose we'll have to ask Iwannaplato since he's been here the longest between the three of us.
Imo it was about that time when all the schizophrenics fully broke the forum making philosophical discussions impossible. So the last few people who had something to say, were forced to leave or resign themselves to entertainment/trolling.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:56 pm
Philosophy Now forum died in 2019 or so, maybe earlier. Since then it's merely for entertainment but not for philosophy.
Why do you pick 2019? It seems like it's been pretty much the same at least since I joined. I mean, maybe it was different before I joined and I'm the one who killed Philoosphy Now. I suppose we'll have to ask Iwannaplato since he's been here the longest between the three of us.
Imo it was about that time when all the schizophrenics fully broke the forum making philosophical discussions impossible. So the last few people who had something to say, were forced to leave or resign themselves to entertainment/trolling.
I see. So maybe if schizophrenics were barred from the forum, then the forum wouldn't be "dead"?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Who in particular do you miss from the forum who is no longer posting?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:03 pm

I see. So maybe if schizophrenics were barred from the forum, then the forum wouldn't be "dead"?
Of course. But one of the guys who was forced to quit, -1-, asked the owner of the site if he'd stop creating an online asylum for schizophrenics instead of having a philosophy forum, and the answer was no.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:07 pm
Of course. But one of the guys who was forced to quit, -1-, asked the owner of the site if he'd stop creating an online asylum for schizophrenics instead of having a philosophy forum, and the answer was no.
Who was that who was forced to quit?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:07 pm

-1-
Atla

Post by Atla »

-1- wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 am You are right. Why do we even try at this goddamned fucking site? The theists and the schizophrenics destroyed it thoroughly... not to mention the theist schizophrenics.
:D ah I liked that guy
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:10 pm
-1-
I see. So the person below is someone who quit because of schizophrenics being on the site. Are there others who have left because of the schizophrenics?

search.php?author_id=15229&sr=posts
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:12 pm
-1- wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 am You are right. Why do we even try at this goddamned fucking site? The theists and the schizophrenics destroyed it thoroughly... not to mention the theist schizophrenics.
If the schizophrenics left, do you think he would return? And what were some of his best posts that you liked?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:14 pm
Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:10 pm

-1-
I see. So the person below is someone who quit because of schizophrenics being on the site. Are there others who have left because of the schizophrenics?

search.php?author_id=15229&sr=posts
I only remember a few of the old names but there haven't been any real philosophical discussions since like 2020. Alex W, Blaggart, even that annoying Greta, there were some others.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 pm

If the schizophrenics left, do you think he would return? And what were some of his best posts that you liked?
Why the fuck are you asking me such questions anyway?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm

Well because you seem to think the philosophy forum died when schizophrenics "broke it". How do you determine that it is schizophrenics who destroyed the forum? How many of the people who have left have blamed others for their leaving and of those blamed, how many where schizophrenics? I'm schizophrenic. I mean, maybe I should leave the forum for the benefit of Philosophy Now.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 pm
Atla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm

Well because you seem to think the philosophy forum died when schizophrenics showed up. How do you determine that it is schizophrenics who destroyed the forum? How many of the people who have left have blamed others for their leaving and of those blamed, how many where schizophrenics? I'm schizophrenic. I mean, maybe I should leave the forum for the benefit of Philosophy Now.
You're still not schizophrenic genius, you're bipolar with psychotic features but most importantly you don't go around destroying topics and/or creating a dozen insane topics every day where you endlessly post some schizophrenic fixa idea. Okay you're not here for the philosophy either, just here to lament about your unfortunate life, but you aren't disruptive like the schizophrenics.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:01 pm
Perhaps a better, more specific topic is Has Philosophy Now lost its way and how? (but for me it's been partly lost since I joined. I don't know if it had a way before that or what it was)
Why do you pick 2019? It seems like it's been pretty much the same for the most part at least since I joined. I haven't seen anything remarkably different. People come and go and some stay. I mean, maybe it was different before I joined and I'm the one who killed Philoosphy Now. I suppose we'll have to ask Iwannaplato since he's been here the longest between the three of us.
I joined a long time ago, but I didn't post here regularly until fairly recently. I have no memory of what it was like back then.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:05 pm
Why do you pick 2019? It seems like it's been pretty much the same for the most part at least since I joined. I haven't seen anything remarkably different. People come and go and some stay. I mean, maybe it was different before I joined and I'm the one who killed Philoosphy Now. I suppose we'll have to ask Iwannaplato since he's been here the longest between the three of us.
I joined a long time ago, but I didn't post here regularly until fairly recently. I have no memory of what it was like back then.
Well, as far as my recollection goes there's been plenty of back and forth and people who come and go. Stuff like that seems to happen on the Internet. If I had control of the forum, who knows, maybe I'd ban everyone except for people with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. All you darned sane people don't make much sense.

:mrgreen:

j/k