For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: The Mind.

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:53 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm
Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:00 am

Is this really the way you ask for something?

Also, tell me how you can prove something to another, while the other believes the opposite is true?
You are assuming that everyone else is insane.
Why would you even begin to presume, and then believe, such a Truly False, Wrong, and Incorrect thing as this here?
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm But to rational people, beliefs are rendered irrelevant when we have proof to the contrary.
Yes, proof will always render a contrary belief irrelevant. For example, the proof and the Fact that the earth is revolving around the sun always renders the contrary belief irrelevant. However, this never stops people choosing to believe False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect things like, for example, that the sun revolves around the earth. And, again, while people who are believing the False and Wrong this is true and right, then those ones are not open enough to see and comprehend the actual and irrefutable Truth of things here.

So, once again;

1. How does one prove something to another, while the other is believing that the opposite is true? For example, how does one prove that God does not exist to those while they are believing that God exists.

2. Why even have a belief in something being true when the actual irrefutable Truth has not yet even come-to-light. For example, if what you are believing is true can become irrelevant anyway, then why even begin to believe that it is true?
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm I ask you to prove your mind claim please.
I ask you to show how you can prove something to someone while they believe the opposite. When, and if, you are able to do this, then you will be providing a great deal of help here.
By showing the proof to rational people in a way they can understand. You don't know this therefore you have no idea about humans, I've never known someone like this. Pretty sure even many 6-year-olds know what you don't.
Oh, and by the way, if you did not notice the proof in what I have said and written here so far, then you are proving, for me, how when the human brain is working alongside with the belief-system can block out and stop the actual Truth from been seen, and heard.
The other thing that many 6-year-olds understand and you don't, is that simply stating that something is the actual Truth is not enough. I can state that the actual Truth is that I'm an 5000 years old demi-god, but rational people will want to have it proven first, otherwise it's dismissed as nonsense.

I ask you to prove your mind claim please.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:30 pm
Anyway, you've been telling Age he's deluded himself, however politely.
Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded,
Were the ones telling "themselves" and believing that the sun revolves the earth, deluding "themselves?

If no, then why not?

But, if yes, then were they deluding "themselves" even more obviously so when one human being who was trying to just inform, or tell, them that actually the sun does not revolve around the earth and that it is the earth that is revolving around the sun that is actually what is irrefutably True?

If no, then why not?
Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm so I don't think I'm overstepping any boundaries. Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realising that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us.
Saying and claiming 'this' is like the ones who believe that the sun revolves around the earth, and always will, saying and claiming that the one who is saying and claiming the opposite seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to 'that one' will never ever make sense to the rest of 'us'.

If the actual irrefutable Truth of things never made sense to a group of human beings before they 'died' or 'passed on', then so be it. However, it was 'the one' who was always telling the Truth of things, and not the rest who 'died' never coming-to-know the actual Truth. And all because they were just too stubborn to just 'let go' of a tightly held onto belief, which they never even had any proof for anyway. Which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous and absurd.

Look, I know what I have alluded to here and claimed is true here may never make sense to some of you human beings, especially to you older human beings, in the days when this is being written, who will 'die' never knowing. I know this Factually as much as I know you human beings will come-to-learn and realize newer things as 'we' move along and progress here, as well. Human beings do not, and did not, just stop learning newer and more things, back in the days when this was being written. Human beings came-to-learn and know 'things' that the human beings, in the days when this was being written, could not have even imagined and that were completely contrary to what they were, once, believing was actually true. Exactly like how and what human beings did previously, in days long gone in relation to when this was being written.

What you human beings 'used to do' in the 'olden days', always gets 'looked at' as, 'How stupid were human beings, and how wrongly did human beings behave, back then'?
Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm And I don't think he intends to be offensive when he tells us human beings about our shortcomings; he is merely stating facts, as far as he sees it.
Exactly "harbal". And, thank you for recognizing and see what is Truly actually happening and occurring here.

I am not being offensive nor judging any of you you adult human beings for burning other human beings who have been labeled as 'witches' any more nor any less than I judge you adult human beings who abuse children, nor who believe the earth is flat, the earth is at the very center of the Universe, nor even those who still believe that the Universe began and/or is expanding. Even those of you adult human beings who believe that there are 'many minds', that human beings could never live in peace and harmony together, nor even that the actual and irrefutable truths of things can never be known. I look at all of you equally, and I am just pointing out and showing what you adult human beings do and think, at certain times and periods throughout human history, all while you are all believing that what you are doing and/or thinking are perfectly normal or 'justifiable' things to believe and think are true.

As "harbal" just pointed and said and wrote. I am merely just stating the facts, I see them.
Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently. 🙂
Although it may well appear that I am so-called 'wired up differently'. The Fact is that I am, so-called, wired up' in the exact same way. I just learned 'another way' to just 'look at' things differently, from 'the way' that you adult human beings have 'grown up' to 'look at', and thus 'see', things.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:25 am
Let's try again:

I ask you to prove your mind claim.

Also, tell me how you can prove something to another, while the other believes the opposite is true?
Duh.
It works for most people.
What is the 'it' word here referring to, exactly?

'That way of asking', works for most people, or, 'proving something to another while the other believes the opposite is true', supposedly, works for most people?

Or, both? Or, something else, entirely?
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm You just show them the error of their ways.
So, you have just shown those who believe God exists, for example, the error of their ways have you "sculptor"?

If yes, then really?

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm I'd guess, from seeing the reaction of your posts from others on the Forum that no one really thinks you are capable of changing your mind,
Now, 'we' back to how can I show you and others here "sculptor" 'the error of your ways' in relation to that is not actually possible to 'change one's so-called mind', when in fact if there is only one Mind only.
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm no matter how many times they show you how wrong you are all the time, so we can conlcude with no surprise that you would hold such an opinion as your puzzlement over this issue.
There are just too many things being alluded to here i am not even going to try to unravel this puzzle here. For example;

An opinion on 'what', exactly?
A puzzlement over what issue, exactly? Plus the other things that I have no idea nor clue on what you are referring to, exactly?

I am certainly not going to start now to assume what any of the words here are even alluding to.
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm But rest assured - if you have good reason to establish your opinion then most on the Forum are capable of understanding where you are not.
See, even what any of this is referring to, exactly, is never actually mentioned or talked about. Again, is left up to the readers to 'assume' absolutely any thing at all.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded, so I don't think I'm overstepping any boundaries. Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us. And I don't think he intends to be offensive when he tells us human beings about our shortcomings; he is merely stating facts, as far as he sees it. I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently. 🙂
In general I don't know what to think of the issue of people not intending to be offensive. On a practical level or on the philosophical level. They know not what they do. I think there is a sense in which this is true, even with most fairly abhorrent people. I don't know how to tell the difference between people who do get pleasure out of doing things and other kinds of secondary gain, but don't seem to realize and certainly claim they're just being honest or even trying to help...and people who really, kinda do know. And of course there must be a spectrum. Even people with poor introspection must get flashes of insight their self-image is off in some way, yet they choose not to explore that. I'm also not sure what that all entails on my part, if they don't know what they are doing. I'm sure IC thinks he has the best intentions and is trying to make things better.

Atla harrassed Age for a long time about his typography. Many people complained but he was what could have been considered cruel, in any case relentless. Atla mirrored him for a couple of months, post after post Atla wrote with ridiculous capitalization and extremely confusing content. Finally Age let the typography go. For me that was a miracle. It wasn't nice - and also showed a kind of stamina I have only ever seen you manage here (though your stamina I would characterize as 'patient and forgiving' (at least defacto forgiving, maybe you're breaking furniture regularly at home).

Age's approach to people here, assumptions about people and his self-image add up to a communication that, as far as I can see is not helping him or others much - except to the extent that it's rather interesting.

To me he seems really tough. I suppose he could be crying off-screen and not being honest about it. I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

I think he's getting reactions due to how he treats people, good intentions or not. Much as VA and Peter Kropotkin do. And it might not be a bad thing for him. I won't go so far as to say people are being altruistic, but for me if their immediate reactions for their own non-altruistic reasons may well end up giving someone a sense of what they could improve or stop, it might be a good thing, even for that person.

Better he does this Age stuff online, safely tucked away in his apartment, rather than get the sense it's a good way to approach people in real life.

Though I think the optimal situation is where some people react with more kindness and patience and others let the person know exactly what it's like communicating with him/her, with the attendant emotional reactions.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm
You are assuming that everyone else is insane.
Why would you even begin to presume, and then believe, such a Truly False, Wrong, and Incorrect thing as this here?
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm But to rational people, beliefs are rendered irrelevant when we have proof to the contrary.
Yes, proof will always render a contrary belief irrelevant. For example, the proof and the Fact that the earth is revolving around the sun always renders the contrary belief irrelevant. However, this never stops people choosing to believe False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect things like, for example, that the sun revolves around the earth. And, again, while people who are believing the False and Wrong this is true and right, then those ones are not open enough to see and comprehend the actual and irrefutable Truth of things here.

So, once again;

1. How does one prove something to another, while the other is believing that the opposite is true? For example, how does one prove that God does not exist to those while they are believing that God exists.

2. Why even have a belief in something being true when the actual irrefutable Truth has not yet even come-to-light. For example, if what you are believing is true can become irrelevant anyway, then why even begin to believe that it is true?
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm I ask you to prove your mind claim please.
I ask you to show how you can prove something to someone while they believe the opposite. When, and if, you are able to do this, then you will be providing a great deal of help here.
By showing the proof to rational people in a way they can understand.
I have yet to see a Truly 'rational' one here.

For, obviously, if there was, then absolutely every thing they said and wrote here would be Truly 'rational' to every one or others here.

Has absolutely anyone accomplished this feat yet.

Also, firstly;

How does one find a so-called 'rational person'?

And,

How then does one just prove to 'that person' some thing while they believe the opposite is true?

For example, how does one prove to another that God does not exist, while the other is believing that God does exist?

Or, are you now going to suggest that if one is believing that God does exist, then that one is not rational. Then, are you then going to suggest that only those who agree with and believe what you agree with and believe is true are the so-called 'rational ones' here?

By the way, who and what are Truly 'rational people', very sadly, very quickly 'grow out' of being like this, and 'grow up' into adult human beings. Also, in the days when this is being written you adult human beings have not yet learned how to become Truly 'rational people' again, nor fully and continually.

But, just like everything else here all of these things are just an evolving learning process, which you adult human being posters here are yet to evolve into, and thus yet to catch up to as well.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am You don't know this therefore you have no idea about humans, I've never known someone like this. Pretty sure even many 6-year-olds know what you don't.
Okay. Will you provide any examples?

Of course you will not.

Also, did you answer the actual questions I posed and asked you for clarification and clarity above here "atla"?

Of course not.
Oh, and by the way, if you did not notice the proof in what I have said and written here so far, then you are proving, for me, how when the human brain is working alongside with the belief-system can block out and stop the actual Truth from been seen, and heard.
The other thing that many 6-year-olds understand and you don't, is that simply stating that something is the actual Truth is not enough.
So, you, once again, missed what I was actually talking about and referring to here.

But, this was a very, very common habit of yours here "atla" anyway.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am I can state that the actual Truth is that I'm an 5000 years old demi-god, but rational people will want to have it proven first, otherwise it's dismissed as nonsense.
you could. But considering the Fact that I have never ever said nor written absolutely anywhere absolutely any thing like this, shows and proves just how Truly closed, twisted, distorted, and ridiculous 'your views' are here and even just 'the way' you have been 'looking at' and thus 'seeing' things here are, exactly.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am I ask you to prove your mind claim please.
I once again show a prime example of one who is so self-centered and/or just inwardly looking that it cannot bring "itself" to do what I have pointed out and said here.

Will you answer the clarifying questions asked above here?

if not, then why not?

Why are you so pathetically scared and weak of here "atla"?

you think you are so better than another that you believe you do not have to even ask them for things here. you actually believe that you can just tell another what to do and that they should and/or even better do it.

you can try to 'dress' things up in anyway you like "atla" but it just is not working.

Now, you will prove me, once again, that you cannot even find a 'rational person' here in this forum, because you will certainly not have the courage to name one, and you will not show how you can prove some thing to that one when they are believing the opposite of what you believe. Until you do, which, obviously, will never ever happen by you, what you say here, once more, just exists in your own tiny little world of imagination, itself.

Unless, of course, you could actually prove me Wrong here, which, I for one, would love to see you do "atla". So, please go ahead and do this.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:39 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm

Duh.
It works for most people.
What is the 'it' word here referring to, exactly?
Advice: read the post before you respond, then you would not have to ask stupid questions.

Post by Age »

?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:31 am
Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded,
Were the ones telling "themselves" and believing that the sun revolves the earth, deluding "themselves?
It makes sense to assume that the Sun orbits the Earth, unless you know, and understand why, that is not the case.
But, if yes, then were they deluding "themselves" even more obviously so when one human being who was trying to just inform, or tell, them that actually the sun does not revolve around the earth and that it is the earth that is revolving around the sun that is actually what is irrefutably True?
For every Copernicus, there are countless crackpots telling us all sorts of crazy stuff, so it would be foolish to believe every alternative theory we are presented with. We intuitively believe that we are all separate minds, because that is how it seems, but if that is a false belief, it needs to be convincingly demonstrated why that is the case before everyone can be expected to change their "mind". After all, things are often actually what they seem to be.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realising that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us.
Saying and claiming 'this' is like the ones who believe that the sun revolves around the earth, and always will, saying and claiming that the one who is saying and claiming the opposite seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to 'that one' will never ever make sense to the rest of 'us'.
Your mind seems to work differently to the average mind, and your way of explaining what is going through it doesn't always make sense to the "normal" mind. That's nobody's fault, it's just the way it is. I know I am assuming the many minds model here, but I can't think of a way round it.
If the actual irrefutable Truth of things never made sense to a group of human beings before they 'died' or 'passed on', then so be it. However, it was 'the one' who was always telling the Truth of things, and not the rest who 'died' never coming-to-know the actual Truth. And all because they were just too stubborn to just 'let go' of a tightly held onto belief, which they never even had any proof for anyway. Which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous and absurd.
On the other hand, there is the possibility that you are wrong.
Look, I know what I have alluded to here and claimed is true here may never make sense to some of you human beings, especially to you older human beings, in the days when this is being written, who will 'die' never knowing.
Yes, I am getting on a bit, so time is running out for me. You need to get a move on, while I'm still here. 🙂
Human beings came-to-learn and know 'things' that the human beings, in the days when this was being written, could not have even imagined and that were completely contrary to what they were, once, believing was actually true.
It wouldn't make sense to just automatically change our beliefs every time someone presented us with a contrary belief. There needs to be a compelling reason for us to do that.
I am not being offensive nor judging any of you you adult human beings for burning other human beings who have been labeled as 'witches' any more nor any less than I judge you adult human beings who abuse children, nor who believe the earth is flat, the earth is at the very center of the Universe, nor even those who still believe that the Universe began and/or is expanding. Even those of you adult human beings who believe that there are 'many minds', that human beings could never live in peace and harmony together, nor even that the actual and irrefutable truths of things can never be known. I look at all of you equally, and I am just pointing out and showing what you adult human beings do and think, at certain times and periods throughout human history, all while you are all believing that what you are doing and/or thinking are perfectly normal or 'justifiable' things to believe and think are true.
As long as you give the impression of setting yourself apart from the rest of us human beings, you will be placing a barrier between yourself and those you are trying to communicate with. Why do you keep doing that when it is so obviously undermining what you are trying to achieve?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently.
Although it may well appear that I am so-called 'wired up differently'. The Fact is that I am, so-called, wired up' in the exact same way. I just learned 'another way' to just 'look at' things differently, from 'the way' that you adult human beings have 'grown up' to 'look at', and thus 'see', things.
But that isn't really true, is it? For example: many of the informal terms of speech that many of us use, and are mutually understood, seem to be a mystery to you. And when you do look at things in your own, "different" way, and I have managed to work out how you are looking at them, I have sometimes not been able to find a sensible reason for why you have chosen that particular point of view. These kinds of things are a sign, to me, that we are "wired" differently.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am
Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded, so I don't think I'm overstepping any boundaries. Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us. And I don't think he intends to be offensive when he tells us human beings about our shortcomings; he is merely stating facts, as far as he sees it. I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently. 🙂
In general I don't know what to think of the issue of people not intending to be offensive. On a practical level or on the philosophical level. They know not what they do. I think there is a sense in which this is true, even with most fairly abhorrent people. I don't know how to tell the difference between people who do get pleasure out of doing things and other kinds of secondary gain, but don't seem to realize and certainly claim they're just being honest or even trying to help...and people who really, kinda do know. And of course there must be a spectrum. Even people with poor introspection must get flashes of insight their self-image is off in some way, yet they choose not to explore that. I'm also not sure what that all entails on my part, if they don't know what they are doing. I'm sure IC thinks he has the best intentions and is trying to make things better.
We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair. I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest. We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
Atla harrassed Age for a long time about his typography. Many people complained but he was what could have been considered cruel, in any case relentless. Atla mirrored him for a couple of months, post after post Atla wrote with ridiculous capitalization and extremely confusing content. Finally Age let the typography go. For me that was a miracle.
Yes, I had noticed that Age had stopped doing the capitalisation thing, but I had no idea why.
Age's approach to people here, assumptions about people and his self-image add up to a communication that, as far as I can see is not helping him or others much - except to the extent that it's rather interesting.
And rather exhausting, I have found. 🙂
To me he seems really tough. I suppose he could be crying off-screen
I don't know about that, but I do know that he's often had me almost crying off-screen.
I think he's getting reactions due to how he treats people, good intentions or not.
Yes, without a doubt, and it is perfectly understandable. My attitude is based on my interpretation of his conduct, and I realise that is just a personal view that others may very well not share.
Though I think the optimal situation is where some people react with more kindness and patience and others let the person know exactly what it's like communicating with him/her, with the attendant emotional reactions.
Yes, and that is something we all have to expect and accept when we voice our opinions and beliefs in a public forum.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:02 am

So, once again;

By showing the proof to rational people in a way they can understand.
I have yet to see a Truly 'rational' one here.

For, obviously, if there was, then absolutely every thing they said and wrote here would be Truly 'rational' to every one or others here.

Has absolutely anyone accomplished this feat yet.

Also, firstly;

How does one find a so-called 'rational person'?

And,

How then does one just prove to 'that person' some thing while they believe the opposite is true?

For example, how does one prove to another that God does not exist, while the other is believing that God does exist?

Or, are you now going to suggest that if one is believing that God does exist, then that one is not rational. Then, are you then going to suggest that only those who agree with and believe what you agree with and believe is true are the so-called 'rational ones' here?

By the way, who and what are Truly 'rational people', very sadly, very quickly 'grow out' of being like this, and 'grow up' into adult human beings. Also, in the days when this is being written you adult human beings have not yet learned how to become Truly 'rational people' again, nor fully and continually.

But, just like everything else here all of these things are just an evolving learning process, which you adult human being posters here are yet to evolve into, and thus yet to catch up to as well.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am You don't know this therefore you have no idea about humans, I've never known someone like this. Pretty sure even many 6-year-olds know what you don't.
Okay. Will you provide any examples?

Of course you will not.

Also, did you answer the actual questions I posed and asked you for clarification and clarity above here "atla"?

Of course not.
The other thing that many 6-year-olds understand and you don't, is that simply stating that something is the actual Truth is not enough.
So, you, once again, missed what I was actually talking about and referring to here.

But, this was a very, very common habit of yours here "atla" anyway.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am I can state that the actual Truth is that I'm an 5000 years old demi-god, but rational people will want to have it proven first, otherwise it's dismissed as nonsense.
you could. But considering the Fact that I have never ever said nor written absolutely anywhere absolutely any thing like this, shows and proves just how Truly closed, twisted, distorted, and ridiculous 'your views' are here and even just 'the way' you have been 'looking at' and thus 'seeing' things here are, exactly.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am I ask you to prove your mind claim please.
I once again show a prime example of one who is so self-centered and/or just inwardly looking that it cannot bring "itself" to do what I have pointed out and said here.

Will you answer the clarifying questions asked above here?

if not, then why not?

Why are you so pathetically scared and weak of here "atla"?

you think you are so better than another that you believe you do not have to even ask them for things here. you actually believe that you can just tell another what to do and that they should and/or even better do it.

you can try to 'dress' things up in anyway you like "atla" but it just is not working.

Now, you will prove me, once again, that you cannot even find a 'rational person' here in this forum, because you will certainly not have the courage to name one, and you will not show how you can prove some thing to that one when they are believing the opposite of what you believe. Until you do, which, obviously, will never ever happen by you, what you say here, once more, just exists in your own tiny little world of imagination, itself.

Unless, of course, you could actually prove me Wrong here, which, I for one, would love to see you do "atla". So, please go ahead and do this.
Not a single word where Age attempts to prove its mind claim.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair. I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest. We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
Most of these self-appointed infallible prophets of the Abolute Truth, such as Age, were well-meaning and honest throughout history. Did they make things better? No, I think they made things worse.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair. I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest. We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
Most of these self-appointed infallible prophets of the Abolute Truth, such as Age, were well-meaning and honest throughout history. Did they make things better? No, I think they made things worse.
I didn't realise you took him that seriously.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:08 pm
Well I don't. But imo Age represents a form of "evil" that has been present throughout history, only lately is it better being suppressed. Now Age personally seems rather inept and won't gather any followers, won't be able to start a cult or a religion or something like that. But it's the type that's interesting here, these people who have godly certainty, maybe literally believe that they are speaking for god or as god.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm
Well I don't. But imo Age represents a form of "evil" that has been present throughout history, only lately is it better being suppressed. Now Age personally seems rather inept and won't gather any followers, won't be able to start a cult or a religion or something like that. But it's the type that's interesting here, these people who have godly certainty, maybe literally believe that they are speaking for god or as god.
I don't quite see him like that. It's people like that horrible little specimen, Wizard, that concern me.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:11 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm

I don't quite see him like that. It's people like that horrible little specimen, Wizard, that concern me.
Can't comment much on Wizard. I don't know and don't want to know much about politics, because based on the little that I do know, I already disagree with almost everyone. And I'm not interested in it anyway. Wizard is some guy on the right who is being played by the powers that be, and he's debating guys on the left who are also being played by the powers that be?