Turing is laughing in his grave

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Turing is laughing in his grave

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:43 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:05 am Utter rubbish.

The brain cannot overcome reality.
What it does, it does within the realm of physics, and though we may be be able to predict an action of the brain, that is no excuse to pretend it is magical.
You are trying to embed human brains into a computational realm of our brains' making - you are trying to embed human brains into the standard model of physics.

It is hilariously circular reasoning.

This level of stupidity suits you.
1) First thing
Fine.
So you think the brain is magical, operating outside the laws of reality and physics.
You are entitled to your opinions..

You are not, however, entitled to your own facts.

2) Second thing. You might enjoy looking up the idea of "circular reasoning", though I doubt the information will sink in. Right now you seem to have no idea what it means. I'll not hold my breath to see if you get it.

Maybe your magic brain will allow this post to wash over your consciousness, like everyone else's posts do.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:43 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:05 am Utter rubbish.

The brain cannot overcome reality.
What it does, it does within the realm of physics, and though we may be be able to predict an action of the brain, that is no excuse to pretend it is magical.
You are trying to embed human brains into a computational realm of our brains' making - you are trying to embed human brains into the standard model of physics.

1) First thing
Fine.
So you think the brain is magical, operating outside the laws of reality and physics.

2) Second thing. You might enjoy looking up the idea of "circular reasoning", though I doubt the information will sink in. Right now you seem to have no idea what it means. I'll not hold my breath to see if you get it.

Maybe your magic brain will allow this post to wash over your consciousness, like everyone else's posts do.
Would it help you in any way if I told you to stop confusing the map (the laws of the standard model of physics - the theoretical constructs manufactured by human brains) with the teritory?

Don't think so... This level of stupidity suits you.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:48 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:43 pm

1) First thing
Fine.

Would it help you in any way if I told you to stop confusing the map (the laws of the standard model of physics - the theoretical constructs manufactured by human brains) with the teritory?

Don't think so... This level of stupidity suits you.
ohh.
tell me all about your magic brain..

We can't wait.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:29 am Well, irregardless* of what anyone else says, reason dictates that Elvis is laughing for the same reason as Turing.

Post-mortum popularity. Elvis is still selling like hotcakes, and Turing's name gets bandied about more than when he was alive, which makes him still alive when sheering away from the mass and into the zeitgeist is a special, supramundane measure of aliveness. And that's even more reason to laugh, on various levels.

Imp may or may not verify that as his transmission, but that fequency picked it up.

Also notice that his transmission was also picked up by the frequency of ... "Huh?"

:P

* Is it irregardless, or regardless?
regardless