How is the Karma enforced?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

meno_

Re: How is the Karma enforced?

Post by meno_ »

Enforcement of karma is letting go of connecting the source of karmic energy and resource all intermediates Aware connections of how it’s done

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 pm I was wondering how Karma is enforced in Buddhism.
If you explain what the words 'Karma' and 'Buddhism' mean or refer to, to you, exactly, then I can, and then will show how 'Karma' is so-called 'enforced in Buddhism'.
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 pm Is there a deity who is in charge of the calculation of Karma?
Although there is, there does not necessarily have to be.

But, then again it is always better to wait, to see what your clarification is here, exactly.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:51 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 pm I was wondering how Karma is enforced in Buddhism. Is there a deity who is in charge of the calculation of Karma?
It's better to think of it as, if you do X and have the attitude (hardness) that goes along with this you will attract, metaphorically as if you have an electric charge, something that will cause you to spark and lose that charge. There are theist Buddhists, but you don't need a deity to be a Buddhist (and sometimes, for some the Buddha can function as a kind of deity, but this isn't necessary in Buddhism either). You could think of Karma as a kind of nuanced gravity or magnetic field. It draws its own dissolution. I don't really like the Buddhist conception of Karma (nor the Hindu versions I've encountered) but that's my take on it. Theres no one meting out justice.

The winners write history and all that: so certain types and classes have justified their positions and abilities and universalized a model based on their own strengths (and weaknesses). Meditation doesn't cure all the avoidance of cognitive dissonance.
Here, once again, we can clearly seen just how Truly greedy and selfish the adult human being had become, back in those days when this was being written.

Obviously 'karma' was never about nor never was referring to an individual human being, but, alas, these human beings continually thought things were about 'them', and 'them alone'.

Where the confusion came from, and lies, exactly, although it is blatantly obvious and clear to 'us', back in the 'olden days', 'they' were completely and utterly oblivious to 'it'. As can be clearly seen here, once again.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:30 pm It's another variation of the teleological thought-police like religion, and it falls apart when u examine it.

Consider this. If i steal Joe's wallet, am i accruing bad karma? Well wait a minute. Joe musta done somethin bad himself if he got his wallet stolen, right?
No, because 'karma' has never even been about individual human beings, although this is very contrary to popular belief, in, and back in, the days when this is and was being written.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:30 pm He's got bad karma, so his wallet gets stolen. So me stealing his wallet is actually an act of enforcing the karmic balance then? See whuddum sayin?
Yes.

you are just speaking Truly illogical once more, and once again.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:30 pm It duddint make any sense. How can the great karma-keepers indict me for doing something bad when what i did (steal Joe's wallet) was an act of karmic justice against joe?
But, 'karma' was and is never about 'you', "joe", nor any other individual human being.

Once you people stop thinking the 'the world' or everything revolves around 'you', individually, then you will start seeing things more from the perspective that they are are, or were actually meant.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:10 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:51 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 pm I was wondering how Karma is enforced in Buddhism. Is there a deity who is in charge of the calculation of Karma?
It's better to think of it as, if you do X and have the attitude (hardness) that goes along with this you will attract, metaphorically as if you have an electric charge, something that will cause you to spark and lose that charge. There are theist Buddhists, but you don't need a deity to be a Buddhist (and sometimes, for some the Buddha can function as a kind of deity, but this isn't necessary in Buddhism either). You could think of Karma as a kind of nuanced gravity or magnetic field. It draws its own dissolution. I don't really like the Buddhist conception of Karma (nor the Hindu versions I've encountered) but that's my take on it. Theres no one meting out justice.
I think that if Karma is true then there must be at least a person in charge of it.
When you say 'person' are you referring to an individual human being, or to something else here?

Also, when you say, 'I think that if 'Karma' is true', then remember that 'we' do not yet have any real clue nor idea as to what, exactly, you even think 'Karma' even is.
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:10 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:51 pm The winners write history and all that: so certain types and classes have justified their positions and abilities and universalized a model based on their own strengths (and weaknesses). Meditation doesn't cure all the avoidance of cognitive dissonance.
I agree.
And, whatever you adult human beings were doing was also certainly not curing any nor all of your avoidance of cognitive dissonance. In fact a lot of what you were doing was increasing your 'cognitive dissonances'.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Notice that Age insults not just me, but people in general, based on a confused reading of what I was writing. I was presenting a model that is common but that actually is not mine, in the context where someone was asking about certain official models of Karma. If Age has a problem those models, fine. So do I.

But yet another set of assumptions were made about me and people in general. If others make assumptions, Age then throws judgments of them at them.

When he does, it never seems to indicate that he makes assumptions or beliefs, even though he clearly makes assumptions.

Some people think that a few of us are being impolite with Age. Well, notice how fast Age jumps to judgments about posters here and people in general. This is not an occasional event, Age does this with great regularlity. IOW he regularly gaslights, since he will, when confronted, deny he has either beliefs or assumptions.

Age, if you can manage to own up to your making assumptions, having a double standard, having beliefs, contradicting yourself, etc., feel free to send me a PM and I'd be open to engaging in a conversation.

Age did warn the forum:
Age wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am I purposely present "fanciful" words to you, to evoke the response that I want, and get from you. You happily provide that which I seek.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am Notice that Age insults not just me, but people in general, based on a confused reading of what I was writing.
Notice how "iwannaplato" continually claims to have 'me' on 'ignore', but still ends up reading my posts. And, in other threads pretends that it does not.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am I was presenting a model that is common but that actually is not mine, in the context where someone was asking about certain official models of Karma. If Age has a problem those models, fine. So do I.
Thus, exactly why I spoke of and wrote about you adult human beings, in general, in the days when this is being written.

I did not think someone would have to go and say and write, 'Notice that "age" insults not just "iwannaplato", but people, in general'. Especially when I was speaking and writing about you adult people, in general.

Now, as for the claim that there was absolutely any 'insult' anywhere, well this is just a fabrication of "iwannaplatos", and which it is trying to use as tactic to get others to 'side' with it here.

Just for the record, I never insulted absolutely anyone here. But, obviously, and of course, anyone is free to presume and/or believe otherwise, before any actual clarification and clarity is first sought and obtained.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am But yet another set of assumptions were made about me and people in general.
Is this what, really, saw and believe is true here "iwannaplato", then please inform the readers here what you believe are my claimed 'set of assumptions' are, exactly.

Or, are you just going to, once again, just make accusations and claims about me but never put any actual thing up for us to look at and see?

Are you going to, once again, expect the readers here to just take your word for this, alone?
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am If others make assumptions, Age then throws judgments of them at them.
Well if you make assumptions, exactly like you have done here, once again, and which if you will not even endeavor to back up and support, then, of course, I will make judgments based on these facts.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am When he does, it never seems to indicate that he makes assumptions or beliefs, even though he clearly makes assumptions.
How about instead of just accusing me of making assumptions, you actually present what you assume or believe are 'assumptions', then, once more, then, and only then, we will now have some actually 'thing' to look at, see, and discuss, that is; if you do not keep 'ignoring', as you claim you, supposedly, do. But, obviously, you do choose to 'ignore', me when you want to.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am Some people think that a few of us are being impolite with Age. Well, notice how fast Age jumps to judgments about posters here and people in general.
I thought this was absolutely obvious from just about the outset of when I came to this forum. Oh, let us not forget that I have already explained to "iwannaplato", on numerous occasions, that making judgments under some situations is perfectly normal, acceptable, and even very healthy and warranted.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am This is not an occasional event, Age does this with great regularlity. IOW he regularly gaslights.
See, what I do in any 'light' or 'way' you want "iwannaplato". you have already clarified that your views and thus ways of looking at things can be False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and/or Incorrect.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am Age, if you can manage to own up to your making assumptions,
I have never ever said that I have not.

you really, really do need to learn and comprehend that actual words that I have used here "iwannaplato".
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am having a double standard, having beliefs, contradicting yourself, etc.,
Once again, all of these things remain in your imagination and/or beliefs only "iwannaplato". That is; of course, if you ever get up encourage to link 'us' to where this has, supposedly, happened and occurred so that we can look at and see what the actual words were that I used, and in the actual context that were said and written in. Then, and only then, if you stopped, supposedly, 'ignoring' me and started working collaboratively here, then you might even learn a thing or to about what I was actually 'meaning' when I said and wrote what I did there.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am feel free to send me a PM and I'd be open to engaging in a conversation.
Once again, I am waiting for you to put forth what you assume and believe is true here. Until then I like that you are, supposedly, 'ignoring' me.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am Age did warn the forum:
Age wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am I purposely present "fanciful" words to you, to evoke the response that I want, and get from you. You happily provide that which I seek.
Are you trying to imply absolutely anything here?

If yes, then would you be kind enough to present what that is?

If no, then what are you afraid of here "iwannaplato"?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

meno_ wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:02 am Enforcement of karma is letting go of connecting the source of karmic energy and resource all intermediates Aware connections of how it’s done
:D :D :D
meno_

Post by meno_ »

:mrgreen:
meno_

Post by meno_ »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm
meno_ wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:02 am Enforcement of karma is letting go of connecting the source of karmic energy and resource all intermediates Aware connections of how it’s done
meno_ wrote: ↑
Enforcement of karma is letting go of connecting the source of karmic energy and resource all intermediates Aware connections of how it’s done
meno_

Post by meno_ »

meno_ wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:01 pm:mrgreen:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

meno_ wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:03 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm
meno_ wrote: ↑
How is it measured. By whom or by what?
Absurd
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:06 pm
- Karma is what happens without choice.
- For example, if someone “chooses” to be the enforcer of karma because of their hurt feelings, that isn’t karma.
- That’s retribution for the mundane, personal Self-Concept of Specialness (SCS).
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:22 pm
- For example, if someone “chooses” to be the enforcer of karma because of their hurt feelings, that isn’t karma.
- That’s retribution for the mundane, personal Self-Concept of Specialness (SCS).
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:53 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:22 pm
By GOD

..via its A.I.

Mount Sin_AI from whence man received the Commandments

www.androcies.com