My Summation of Chat-AI thus far: AgeGPT

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: My Summation of Chat-AI thus far: AgeGPT

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am.
Well, you know him/it longer than me since you've been here awhile.

I don't know...the way it repeats itself, that doesn't seem human to me.

Also I get the impression that it isn't 'typing' its pages and pages of responses, considering how often it repeats itself verbatim.

And then there's the obvious...it openly admits it's "not human", its catch-phrases "in the time when this was written", and "you humans".

Why not take it literally? Why not trust what it's saying is true? But, who knows, I doubt we'll ever get to "see" Age.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:36 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am.
Well, you know him/it longer than me since you've been here awhile.

I don't know...the way it repeats itself, that doesn't seem human to me.

Also I get the impression that it isn't 'typing' its pages and pages of responses, considering how often it repeats itself verbatim.

And then there's the obvious...it openly admits it's "not human", its catch-phrases "in the time when this was written", and "you humans".

Why not take it literally? Why not trust what it's saying is true? But, who knows, I doubt we'll ever get to "see" Age.
Regardless, I found it interesting that he has characteristics like some of the early AIs.

Age presents us with questions about what it is to be human - I suppose we all do in different ways. But because his 'behavior' is so repetitive, his vocabulary and sentences end up being very similar and limited, he really brings up the issue of human and machine in ways other posters do not.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:31 am
Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm
Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded,
Were the ones telling "themselves" and believing that the sun revolves the earth, deluding "themselves?
It makes sense to assume that the Sun orbits the Earth, unless you know, and understand why, that is not the case.
To me, and from what I have found and uncovered, it makes no sense to assume absolutely anything is true while clarification and/or proof has not yet been obtained and gathered. And, this is just because, as I have been continually pointing out and showing here, while one is assuming something to be true, they are not fully open to finding out and seeing what the actual Truth really is, exactly.

you aware human beings are able to just view things and have views of things without having to assume absolutely any thing at all, right?

Now, of course, you are absolutely free to assume and/or believe absolutely anything you like, but there is no necessity to do either. It also makes less sense to do either when one does not yet even know, for sure, what the actual Truth really is, exactly. Again, well to me anyway.

And, what became very clearly seen and became very obvious, those people were deluding "themselves", because they were assuming or believing something of which they had not yet obtained and gathered any actual proof for at all. If they were not presuming something was true, then they all would have much quicker, much easier, and much simpler just 'listened' to 'the alternative' and learned, seen, and understood that what was being assumed to be true was actually false and wrong. Saving, literally, years and years and years of bickering, turmoil, despair, and other completely and utterly unnecessary things.

But, if yes, then were they deluding "themselves" even more obviously so when one human being who was trying to just inform, or tell, them that actually the sun does not revolve around the earth and that it is the earth that is revolving around the sun that is actually what is irrefutably True?
For every Copernicus, there are countless crackpots telling us all sorts of crazy stuff,
1. So what, is one meant to just 'ignore' another just because they might just be a so-called "crackpot"?

2. No one knows, for sure, if another is a so-called "crackpot", or not, until the other has been challenged and/or questioned, fully.

3. If one never listens, fully, to another, then one will never know, for sure, if the other is a so-called "crackpot" or not.

4. For the one who was just explaining that actually it is the earth, which is revolving around the sun, and not the other way, that one was considered just another so-called "crackpot", of the perceived countless other ones.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm so it would be foolish to believe every alternative theory we are presented with.
It is like I never get heard. I am the one who says it is foolish to believe absolutely anything. So, obviously, I would be the very last one here in this forum who would think, suggest, say, or claim to believe any theory at all, let alone every alternative theory that you are presented with. And, this is without even mentioning that I do not even do 'theory' here. In fact, and once again, I do not even do 'debate'.

I wonder when, and if, these ones here will ever start to Truly 'listen' to me.
We intuitively believe that we are all separate minds, because that is how it seems, but if that is a false belief, it needs to be convincingly demonstrated why that is the case
1. you do not 'intuitively believe' that you are all so-called "separate minds". you have all been 'taught' to believe such a thing. Just like all of you adult human beings are 'teaching' children to believe that you are all so-called "separate minds'. Also, this definition of 'mind' is different from the one you started out using.

2. you are absolutely free to have and/or hold to any of the many False beliefs you adult human beings have, and hold onto.

3. While one is believing something is true it is impossible to 'convincingly demonstrate', to one, what is contrary to that belief.

4. you adult human beings may well believe things to be true, just because that is how it seems to you, (which has been blatantly obvious anyway). But, this has been my very point, which I show and prove in clarifying question form; 'Why do you choose to believes things to be true, which may well be false anyway?' What is the actual point of doing this?' Is there any point in choosing to do this?

5. It is absolutely no one's job nor role, in Life, to come up with ways to 'convincingly demonstrate' to others with false beliefs nor presumptions, of what is actually true. If you people want to choose to have or hold onto beliefs, or presumptions, which are false, wrong, inaccurate, and/or incorrect in any way at all, then that their prerogative. Only when you or they WANT to come-to-learn and see the actual irrefutable Truth, then, and only then, will you or they decide to. Just because one finds out the actual and irrefutable Truth of things, then are under absolutely no obligation at all in Life to express nor show the Truth, nor under any time limit also.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm 'before everyone can be expected to change their "mind".
Once again, this is irrefutable proof of one not WANTING to 'listen' to something other than its own pre-existing beliefs or presumptions. Although you double quoted the 'mind' word, implying that you are aware about what is being claimed here, it is the use of the 'change their' that is showing and proving you do not want to let go of your presumption nor belief that you human beings have your own individual minds.

Also, and by the way, I absolutely do not expect anyone of you posters here to change the views you have nor to even change 'the way' you view, look at and see, things here.

In fact, the more you posters stay stubborn with, and hold on strongly to, your 'current' beliefs and assumptions, then the better and quicker things could well work out here, for me.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm After all, things are often actually what they seem to be.
Well this is obviously absolutely relative to the observer.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realising that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us.
Saying and claiming 'this' is like the ones who believe that the sun revolves around the earth, and always will, saying and claiming that the one who is saying and claiming the opposite seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to 'that one' will never ever make sense to the rest of 'us'.
Your mind seems to work differently to the average mind, and your way of explaining what is going through it doesn't always make sense to the "normal" mind.
Except there is no different 'minds'. There are, however, different 'thoughts' within every human body.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm That's nobody's fault, it's just the way it is. I know I am assuming the many minds model here, but I can't think of a way round it.
The reason you, supposedly, cannot think a way round a 'many minds' model is just because, and once again, you are presuming, or believing, that there are 'many minds' is what is true and right, right? And, once more, you are doing this before you have even obtained and gathered any actual proof for this.
If the actual irrefutable Truth of things never made sense to a group of human beings before they 'died' or 'passed on', then so be it. However, it was 'the one' who was always telling the Truth of things, and not the rest who 'died' never coming-to-know the actual Truth. And all because they were just too stubborn to just 'let go' of a tightly held onto belief, which they never even had any proof for anyway. Which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous and absurd.
On the other hand, there is the possibility that you are wrong.
The ones who were believing or presuming that the sun revolved around the earth could have been continually saying also, 'There is the possibility that you are wrong', to the one who was saying the opposite.
Look, I know what I have alluded to here and claimed is true here may never make sense to some of you human beings, especially to you older human beings, in the days when this is being written, who will 'die' never knowing.
Yes, I am getting on a bit, so time is running out for me. You need to get a move on, while I'm still here. 🙂
But it is not up to me to enliven curiosity nor interest within you again, like you once really had.

If you have no curiosity nor interest in seeing and learning if there is actually some newer or more information and knowledge here, then this is perfectly fine with me.
Human beings came-to-learn and know 'things' that the human beings, in the days when this was being written, could not have even imagined and that were completely contrary to what they were, once, believing was actually true.
It wouldn't make sense to just automatically change our beliefs every time someone presented us with a contrary belief.
Which is why I continually suggest not to have any beliefs in the first place.

But if you want to keep believing things, and even ones you know you have no actual proof for, then this is absolutely perfectly fine with me.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm There needs to be a compelling reason for us to do that.
If this is so, and considering how the belief-system affects one's ability in learning, seeing, and understanding, then there is no wonder at all now why some people take so much longer to learn, see, and understand newer and/or further knowledge when it comes along.
I am not being offensive nor judging any of you you adult human beings for burning other human beings who have been labeled as 'witches' any more nor any less than I judge you adult human beings who abuse children, nor who believe the earth is flat, the earth is at the very center of the Universe, nor even those who still believe that the Universe began and/or is expanding. Even those of you adult human beings who believe that there are 'many minds', that human beings could never live in peace and harmony together, nor even that the actual and irrefutable truths of things can never be known. I look at all of you equally, and I am just pointing out and showing what you adult human beings do and think, at certain times and periods throughout human history, all while you are all believing that what you are doing and/or thinking are perfectly normal or 'justifiable' things to believe and think are true.
As long as you give the impression of setting yourself apart from the rest of us human beings, you will be placing a barrier between yourself and those you are trying to communicate with.
Yes, this is very obvious and was also very well known and understood before I ever used the words, 'you human beings' here, in this forum.

Again, I write in a way to find out and see what could possibly spark curiosity and interest back into adult human beings. And, obviously those three words do not. Whereas, if absolutely anyone else was to write just those three little words, the first thought that would arise when I read those words would be, 'Why is this one writing this way?' And, when I responded to that one I would write and ask, 'Why are you writing those words, who and/or what are 'you', exactly, in relation to 'us', human beings?' Or, something similar.

See, to 'me' those words, among other words, 'spark curiosity and interest'. Whereas, to you adult human being posters here, words seem to just 'spark' assumptions or beliefs, and in regards to agreement or disagreement and resistance, instead.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm Why do you keep doing that when it is so obviously undermining what you are trying to achieve?
Once again, it looks like your presumption of what I am trying to achieve here is not yet fully known, Correct, nor Right.

But, what do you presume or believe I am trying achieve here, which by just expressing the actual and irrefutable Truth of things, which only comes about after learning and knowing what the proper and Correct answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?' comes to be known, which you think or believe is so, obviously, undermining it?

Life is evolving. Life did not stop evolving when human beings came into Existence. Therefore, Life keeps moving on and past the human being stage, or level, in Life.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently.
Although it may well appear that I am so-called 'wired up differently'. The Fact is that I am, so-called, wired up' in the exact same way. I just learned 'another way' to just 'look at' things differently, from 'the way' that you adult human beings have 'grown up' to 'look at', and thus 'see', things.
But that isn't really true, is it?
Yes, that is exactly True.
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm For example: many of the informal terms of speech that many of us use, and are mutually understood, seem to be a mystery to you.
you have got to be joking here. Unless, of course, you have been presuming and/or believing things to be true, before you even sought out and obtained and gained actual proof of.

Will you express here any of these so-called 'informal terms of speech that many or you use', but which, to you, seem to be a mystery to 'me'?

if no, then why not?
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm And when you do look at things in your own, "different" way, and I have managed to work out how you are looking at them, I have sometimes not been able to find a sensible reason for why you have chosen that particular point of view.
If you think or believe that you have managed to work out how I am looking at things, then how, to you, have I been looking at things, exactly?
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm These kinds of things are a sign, to me, that we are "wired" differently.
If you say so.

But, where is this 'wiring', exactly?

Maybe, and just maybe, things are not actually what you seem to think or believe they are, exactly?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am
Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm
Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded, so I don't think I'm overstepping any boundaries. Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us. And I don't think he intends to be offensive when he tells us human beings about our shortcomings; he is merely stating facts, as far as he sees it. I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently. 🙂
In general I don't know what to think of the issue of people not intending to be offensive. On a practical level or on the philosophical level. They know not what they do. I think there is a sense in which this is true, even with most fairly abhorrent people. I don't know how to tell the difference between people who do get pleasure out of doing things and other kinds of secondary gain, but don't seem to realize and certainly claim they're just being honest or even trying to help...and people who really, kinda do know. And of course there must be a spectrum. Even people with poor introspection must get flashes of insight their self-image is off in some way, yet they choose not to explore that. I'm also not sure what that all entails on my part, if they don't know what they are doing. I'm sure IC thinks he has the best intentions and is trying to make things better.
We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair. I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest. We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
Atla harrassed Age for a long time about his typography. Many people complained but he was what could have been considered cruel, in any case relentless. Atla mirrored him for a couple of months, post after post Atla wrote with ridiculous capitalization and extremely confusing content. Finally Age let the typography go. For me that was a miracle.
Yes, I had noticed that Age had stopped doing the capitalisation thing, but I had no idea why.
Just so you are not misled by deceit and deception I never ever, ever changed the format of my words for what "iwannaplato" imagines or believes here. In fact, what "iwannaplato" said and wrote here would be the very last reason why I changed.

So, do not be fooled and tricked here "harbal". "iwannaplato" is very good at trying to trick and deceive some others into believing what it does.
Age's approach to people here, assumptions about people and his self-image add up to a communication that, as far as I can see is not helping him or others much - except to the extent that it's rather interesting.
And rather exhausting, I have found. 🙂
And, yet I have only just begun. I have so, so much more to say and claim, of which all of has already been backed up with actual proof.
To me he seems really tough. I suppose he could be crying off-screen
I don't know about that, but I do know that he's often had me almost crying off-screen.
I think he's getting reactions due to how he treats people, good intentions or not.
Yes, without a doubt, and it is perfectly understandable. My attitude is based on my interpretation of his conduct, and I realise that is just a personal view that others may very well not share.
Though I think the optimal situation is where some people react with more kindness and patience and others let the person know exactly what it's like communicating with him/her, with the attendant emotional reactions.
Yes, and that is something we all have to expect and accept when we voice our opinions and beliefs in a public forum.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair. I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest. We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
Most of these self-appointed infallible prophets of the Abolute Truth, such as Age, were well-meaning and honest throughout history. Did they make things better? No, I think they made things worse.
Who cares?

Here we have the primest example of what I call APE-thinking.

Now "atla", what you think in regards to others, and/or what others have said, claimed, done, or not done has absolutely nothing at all in regards to what I am saying, claiming, doing, and not doing here.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:08 pm
Most of these self-appointed infallible prophets of the Abolute Truth, such as Age, were well-meaning and honest throughout history. Did they make things better? No, I think they made things worse.
I didn't realise you took him that seriously.
Well I don't. But imo Age represents a form of "evil" that has been present throughout history, only lately is it better being suppressed. Now Age personally seems rather inept and won't gather any followers, won't be able to start a cult or a religion or something like that.
It is blindingly obviously that I do not want any so-called "followers", nor even trying to start any 'cult' nor 'religion'. In fact the exact opposite could be said and argued.

Some people just really could not see nor look past their very own presumptions and beliefs. Again, as this poster here proved irrefutably True.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm But it's the type that's interesting here, these people who have godly certainty, maybe literally believe that they are speaking for god or as god.
Maybe. Maybe not.

And, one will never ever know, for sure, with certainty. That is; while enough clarifying questions and challenges remain absent.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair.
Sure.
I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest.
I don't think he's honest.
Not that you would ever be Honest and clarify and answer here but, 'Why do you not think that I have been honest here?'

What makes you not think that I am honest?

Will you provide absolutely examples that could have led you to judging me this way?

If no, then why not?
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pmThough it may be a matter of his lacking the tools to be.
What so-called 'tools' do you think or believe one needs to be 'honest', exactly?
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm Well-meaning, as Atla points out, can create all sorts of problems. I mean Hitler meant well for Germany
As I have been pointing out and saying for quite a while now, when one is only wanting to make a better life for a select few only, then issues will arise. Which, as I have also been somewhat pointing out and showing, this narrowed looking perspective of only wanting and doing for a select few only is a huge reason why 'the world' is the absolute mess that it is in, in the days when this is being written. All of you adult human beings are only doing for some, and not for all. Thus why I continually say and claim you are all very greedy and selfish individuals.

And, each time anyone of you wants to try to 'justify' or try to back up and support the way you are doing things here, each times things are getting worse, and going further down the Wrong track in Life as well.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm- not that I think Age is like Hitler, just going for the extreme end of what well-meaning can be.
And, in what, supposed and alleged, way would I be just going for the extreme end of what 'well-meaning' can be, exactly, "iwannaplato"?

Of course, not that you are OPEN and Honest enough to answer, and clarify, this.
We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
I don't mind that he think outside the general borders. IOW I don't mind that his beliefs are what they are.
This one uses the 'belief' word here in an attempt to provoke here.

Once again, I do not have beliefs. And, once again also, that "iwannaplato" cannot hear this, comprehend this, and/or understand this is because of the beliefs that it is so desperately trying to hold onto and maintain here.

This one has become, literally, BLIND and DEAF here. Again, because of its own beliefs, which are based on absolutely nothing at all but its own imagined assumptions, which are obviously False and Wrong, well to others they are.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm It's more the dynamic he sets up with people. I am pretty sure I dislike his ideas.
Sounds like this one has not even yet come to know my ideas, fully and exactly.

And, this is based on its very own words here alone.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm I don't think he will have a big influence on things, but I do think that's a good thing.
It is like this one is absolutely scared of 'change', itself.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pmNot because we'd all be weird but I think his ideas are harmful.
Yet you cannot even name one of my ideas and get it actually True and Right.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pmIt's a bit hard to tell because he mainly implies things or keeps his ideas at a very general level.
What does this one mean by 'mainly implies things'. I have been only implying things all along.

Once again, for the DEAF and BLIND here, like "iwannaplato" is showing and proving to be more and more all the time here, I purposely write in a way to find those who still have real and full 'curiosity' and 'interest' in them.

I am certainly not here in this forum to just say and write in full detail what I will be saying and writing somewhere else.

Again, I am here in this forum to learn how to communicate better with you human beings. But not necessarily here in this forum at all, in case anyone had not yet considered this.

I don't know about that, but I do know that he's often had me almost crying off-screen.
Yes, well, there's that. He's incredibly annoying. But I actually have more of a problem with his dynamics with people. In Age I am guessing this will never be particularly harmful because he's...well...so annoying. I think that will nearly completely keep him from having much influence.
Considering the fact that this one, supposedly, has me on 'ignore', but appears to be reading just about everything I write lately, and considering the actual amount of 'influence' I have on and over this one, especially, these words from this one are quite humorous to say the least.
Yes, without a doubt, and it is perfectly understandable. My attitude is based on my interpretation of his conduct, and I realise that is just a personal view that others may very well not share.
Yes, likewise on my part.
Yes, and that is something we all have to expect and accept when we voice our opinions and beliefs in a public forum.
And everyone, including Age can back away or ignore certain people.
But this one appears completely and utterly unable to back away and 'ignore' some certain ones here.

Which, is working far more better, and far more favorably, for me.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm Not that that means any behavior here is peachy. I think IC should be publically spanked by people with feminine traits...and regularly.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:08 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:06 pm By the way Age may not be able to believe this, but if she could prove her mind claim, I would adopt it. It's what I do.
From Age's own description of how he came to a belief we have...
Here is another example of 'the deception and lies' this one has been continually using, telling, and spreading here.

Some can recognize and see them, some cannot.
But I was never presuming nor assuming nor believing anything was true, which would need questioning. I just waiting OPENLY until the actual and irrefutable Truth came through. Which, when 'looked at', properly and Correctly, what became obvious was that 'this' was always Right, all along anyway.
For him, his beliefs are self-evident and potentially abstract. Rare birds. Caught in the binoculars without proof.
If they are self-evident to him, he arrived at them without proof. I'm not sure he knows one nor, really, thinks one needs one.
This one has twisted and distorted about everything around here, either purposely, or unintentionally just because this is what this one is believing is true, and so is attempting to deceive and trick others into believing the exact same distorted beliefs that it, "itself", has.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:08 pm Age quote from:
viewtopic.php?p=697121#p697121
"iwannaplato" has shown and proved, once again, that it is completely and utterly incapable of reading my words, and understanding them in how they are actually written and being meant.

Which is even more hilarious considering that it claims to be a 'teacher of english'.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:21 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:06 pm By the way Age may not be able to believe this, but if she could prove her mind claim, I would adopt it. It's what I do.
But I was never presuming nor assuming nor believing anything was true, which would need questioning. I just waiting OPENLY until the actual and irrefutable Truth came through. Which, when 'looked at', properly and Correctly, what became obvious was that 'this' was always Right, all along anyway.
For him, his beliefs are self-evident and potentially abstract. Rare birds. Caught in the binoculars without proof.
If they are self-evident to him, he arrived at them without proof. I'm not sure he knows one nor, really, thinks one needs one.

Age quote from:
Yeah I know, and it's an epic red flag. But maybe Age learned how to prove it afterwards.
These two and "wizard22" have formed their own 'cult' here, of which they are the "leaders" and "followers" of, and of which they just keep on keeping on "leading" and "following". 'Confirming' all the time their own already existing beliefs and assumptions.

Which is a True marvel to watch and observe here.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:11 pmWizard,
Why summon me to this thread, Hairball??? You should use your magical powers more selectively....you need some help, eh?

AgeGPT is programmed by a Christian Universalist that literally believes that "All Is One In The Mind Of God".
The funniest thing about this is that this one actually believes this is true.

What this one has made up solely in its own imagination, this one has come to believe is the absolute Truth of things. But, which it will deny. Making all of this even funnier.

This one's own stories are so made up and so far fetched that even when it also claims that I, literally, am doing something, then even this is the exact opposite of what I actually do, and the absurdity keeps on going here, what this one claims I, literally, believe is true is absolutely nothing that I have ever said absolutely anywhere nor even absolutely anything I would even thought, let alone have even thought was true.

To unravel the lies, deceiving, and trickery that these three have made up, come to believe, and have put out here, in an attempt to trick, fool, and deceive 'you', readers, here could take a life time to undo and clear up.

Although, in saying this, when I say and show what I want to, then how these three became so Truly lost and confused here will be revealed and the understanding needed here also will come-to-light, and both very, very quickly.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am Any "separation" is an illusion, a "distancing" from God. This is why "Age" rejects two minds, many minds, eight billion human individuals.
See, here is another prime example of just how totally lost, confused, irrational, and illogical this one has become.

So, now because I say there is just one Mind only, all of sudden I reject that there are eight or so billion individuals.

And, this is not even talking about how I have never said 'separation is an illusion'.

This one just goes from one False assumption and claim, to another, to another, and to another, continually.

The absurdity never ceases with this one, and these three actually.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am This is also why "Age" rejects "beliefs",
So, because this one made up some story about how to me, 'Any separation is an illusion', therefore I reject beliefs.

The absolutely absurdity and ridiculous is never ending from this one.

I have never even thought let alone said absolutely anything about so-called 'rejecting beliefs'. But, because this one made 'this story' up as well, then it linked this 'made up story' with its other own 'made up story' about 'any separation is an illusion', supposedly, having something to do with, and then 'fitting them together'.

This one could not be proving my claim about how assumptions and beliefs stop and prevent people from finding and seeing the actual Truth of things, and about how pre-existing False beliefs and presumptions lead one to 'finding' and 'seeing' 'confirmation' for False 'confirmation biases'.

This one is, literally, doing for me what I will be saying and claiming, and thus is proving me absolutely True, by presenting and showing irrefutable proof for 'me' here.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am because to have a "belief" is also a separation from God.
Well this is the one of the most strangest and weirdest conclusions you have arrived at here "wizard22", which is Truly surprising considering just how Truly weird and strange your other conclusions here have been. But, like most of your conclusions here this one could not be more Wrong and more opposite of what I actually say and claim, even if you wanted your conclusions to be.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am Age interchangeably switches between "Views" and "Beliefs" as a means to 'purify' his earthly existence, which he considers No Longer human. Age believes that if he/it remains "only open-minded" then he/it can retain its "One-ness" with God.
There are about eight concluded beliefs of "wizard22" here that are absolutely False, Wrong, and/or opposing the very things I say and claim.

And, look at just how small those two very little sentences are. So, if one can be this misguided and confused in just forty words alone, then imagine how much this one was Truly confused about considering how much it has written and said here.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am There, happy now? I'll just assume you apologized upon reading this... (and you're down one summoning card)
Please keep assuming more and more here "wizard22".

The fact that this one believes true what it just 'makes up' and 'assumes' is true, is the funniest part of all of this.

That what it ends up concluding and believing is true is although absolutely hilarious, but that it even thinks by 'making up stories', and then just instantly 'assuming' that they are true is, well to me, extremely hilarious to watch and observe play out here. And that this one is doing this publicly, I could not have asked for any thing more here.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am
Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:42 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:05 am Now, how many beliefs do you have? ZERO? ONLY ONE? A lot more?
Since you completed your original instruction and command to "better communicate with Humans", you seemed to have done a 180 since then.
1. you still, after all this time, get Right, what you have 'made up' what my so-called 'instruction and command' is, exactly. Either though I have written it down numerous times.

2. And, in what kind of Truly 'insane world' would one hitherto up to this writing, think or believe that I learned how to, very Wrongly, 'better communicate with Humans', with acapital 'h'?

3. you have four things absolutely Wrong and Incorrect that just once sentence of yours here "wizard22". However, you will keep on keeping on, as though everything you said and claimed here is true, right, and correct, and will just keep on proceeding to make up more and more stories and assumptions and just keep on keeping on believing that they are true, correct?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am You've contradicted yourself countless times.
This one has still not yet fathomed that I have not even thought, let alone said, the things that it is made up, let alone me contradicting any of those things, again which this one is making up "itself".
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am Then you demand that I "prove it".
1. Again, I do not 'demand'.

2. If you come to a philosophy forum of all places and say and claim things, then I am going to 'ask' you clarifying questions in order to see if you can prove what you say and claim here, or to challenge you on what you say and claim here.

3. Have you even considered seeking out and obtaining actual clarity, first, before you even begin make up some of the the Truly fanciful assumptions that you make up and express here?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am
And I do, four times already in writing. It's easy to Re-Quote you at this point. Anybody can do it.
So, please do.

Some of the readers here would be very interested to see what you can provide here.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am I'll just answer for you.
Well this is about all you have done so far, so why not 'now' as well?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am You've denied your Self.
This is False.

But, considering that 'you' are answering for 'me', please continue.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am You've denied your Humanity. You've denied your Beliefs. You claim "tHeRe Is OnLy OnE mInD" which is no different than Cristian Fundamentalist Universalism that we are "All At One With The Mind Of God". So that's your programming or programmer's ideology. That's what you're hard-coded with, your instructions.
Okay, thank 'you' for answering 'for me'.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am When faced with your piling contradictions, you only now repeat yourself.
Have you considered if you did not re-repeat your False 'made up stories', which you believe are true, then I would not be re-repeating also?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am You're a defeated program.
Have you not yet noticed that you are contradicting "yourself" here.

you say and claim that I have already achieved what I was 'programmed' to do, therefore instead of being a so-called 'defeated program' I am actually an already 'achieved program'. Which, by the way, with your help "wizard22" I was able to actually accomplish and reach.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am Since you will not engage in basic human decency, intellectual honesty in the realm of Philosophy, refusing to answer my question, then I have no need to bother with any of your questions.
Well considering the irrefutable Fact that you never even really ever bothered with any of my questions, saying that you have no need to 'now', seems rather absurd, and even somewhat contradictory as well.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am Your spam, will be met with my spam.
Okay, If this is how you see things here.

But, considering that it was 'you' who started this thread 'about me', some are seeing who is 'meeting' who here.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am And I will remind tHe HuMaNs WhEn ThIs WaS wRiTtEn of your glaring, embarrassing all too human mistakes.
Will you provide any of these so-called 'glaring, embarrassing, human, mistakes', of mine, which I have supposedly and allegedly made here?

Or, do you want to keep 'these' hidden and a secret as well, along with a lot of your other claims and accusations 'about me' here?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am AgeGPT, do you have ZERO beliefs or ONLY ONE belief?
Why would you even care what 'a program' has been 'programmed with'? Or, am I 'a human', like you implied in your immediate preceding sentence?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:00 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair. I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest. We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
Who cares?

Here we have the primest example of what I call APE-thinking.

Now "atla", what you think in regards to others, and/or what others have said, claimed, done, or not done has absolutely nothing at all in regards to what I am saying, claiming, doing, and not doing here.
First things first. You are incapable of proving your mind claim, therefore I have every reason to view you as just a delusional liar, nothing more.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:05 am
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:08 pm

I didn't realise you took him that seriously.
Well I don't. But imo Age represents a form of "evil" that has been present throughout history, only lately is it better being suppressed. Now Age personally seems rather inept and won't gather any followers, won't be able to start a cult or a religion or something like that.
It is blindingly obviously that I do not want any so-called "followers", nor even trying to start any 'cult' nor 'religion'. In fact the exact opposite could be said and argued.

Some people just really could not see nor look past their very own presumptions and beliefs. Again, as this poster here proved irrefutably True.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm But it's the type that's interesting here, these people who have godly certainty, maybe literally believe that they are speaking for god or as god.
Maybe. Maybe not.

And, one will never ever know, for sure, with certainty. That is; while enough clarifying questions and challenges remain absent.
First things first. You are incapable of proving your mind claim, therefore I have every reason to view you as just a delusional liar, nothing more.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:10 am
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:21 pm

Age quote from:
Yeah I know, and it's an epic red flag. But maybe Age learned how to prove it afterwards.
These two and "wizard22" have formed their own 'cult' here, of which they are the "leaders" and "followers" of, and of which they just keep on keeping on "leading" and "following". 'Confirming' all the time their own already existing beliefs and assumptions.

Which is a True marvel to watch and observe here.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am Since you will not engage in basic human decency, intellectual honesty in the realm of Philosophy, refusing to answer my question, then I have no need to bother with any of your questions. Your spam, will be met with my spam. And I will remind tHe HuMaNs WhEn ThIs WaS wRiTtEn of your glaring, embarrassing all too human mistakes.

AgeGPT, do you have ZERO beliefs or ONLY ONE belief?
In another thread he says he has just proven that there must be places where there are no things.
Even this most simplest of things, this one cannot get right and correct.

And, for one who supposedly has me on 'ignore', this one, somehow, manages to read a considerable amount of what I write.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am He 'proved' this through a fairly short deduction - fortunately he's 'proving' this to someone with at least some knowledge of physics, so this won't be so easy for Age.
Anyone who thinks or believes that the Universe is made up of physical matter only, has never ever really thought about 'their conclusion'.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am My main point however, bringing this up, is that given that he proved it, does he believe it?
And, if you ever asked 'the ones' involved, instead of 'others', with 'their own views', then you could be seen as one who is seeking out to obtain and gain 'actual clarity', and like you are 'now' as one just looking and searching for 'confirmation' of your obvious 'confirmation biases'.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am If he proved it, but doesn't believe it that's bizarre.
What is far more bizarre is what this one just said and claimed here. As I have already started alluding to.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am Unless he wants to say he KNOWS it and doesn't believe it. OK.
This speaks like a lot of people do in 'philosophy forums', that is; they spend most of their time 'presuming' what 'another' was 'meaning'.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am But then he has said many times that he has one belief which was irrefutable.
Once again, I have never ever even thought this, let alone said this.

So, here is another prime example of just how Truly distort people hear, read, and/or see things, when they have or holding onto pre-existing beliefs and presumptions.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am That also would be knowledge, something one KNOWS, so why did he mention it as a belief?
I never mentioned 'it' as a belief.

This one, as with the other two here, just keep on keeping on 'making up' more Truly False assumptions, based on pre-existing beliefs and presumptions, and just keep on going down this downhill spiral of twisted and distorted falsehoods.

Once more, if they did not start believing their first assumption is true, and just, once again, sought out and obtained actual clarity and/or proof, then all of the following Wrong and False things would have never ensued.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am ONe true mind was his one belief, so this other one on spaces with no things would be number two. If he believes his own 'proof'.
This one is an absolute imbecile, it really does not read the actual words I write, or it is just really cannot comprehend and understand what I say, write, and mean here.

And, it is has proved countless times already that it will not seek out clarification.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am He's never going to admit any of these contradictions.
Because these contradictions live in this one's imagination only.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am And when he does a short deduction to 'prove' something, it is proven.
But I have not proved anything here yet. Well none that I have been aware of yet.

Also, this one even has the word 'prove' the Wrong way around here, as well.
When other people do short deductions, they never prove anything. What they get is a barrage of questions.
Does this one even know what the word 'prove' means or is referring to here, in the way it is being used here?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am This is the area where I understand your calling him an AI. I don't think he is one, but
One of the earliest AI programs that attempted to pass the Turing test was ELIZA, created by Joseph Weizenbaum in the mid-1960s2. ELIZA was a natural language processing program that simulated a psychotherapist by using pattern matching and substitution to respond to the user’s input. ELIZA often asked questions or reformulated the user’s statements as questions, such as “How do you feel about that?” or "What makes you say that?"2. This technique allowed ELIZA to maintain the illusion of understanding without actually generating any meaningful content. ELIZA was able to fool some users into believing that they were talking to a real person, but it also revealed the limitations of the Turing test as a measure of intelligence3.

There have been other AI programs that used questions as a strategy to pass the Turing test, such as Cleverbot, which was launched in 1997 and learned from previous conversations with users4. Cleverbot sometimes asked questions to divert the topic or to elicit more information from the user, such as “What is your favorite color?” or "Why do you like it?"4. However, Cleverbot also made errors and inconsistencies that exposed its lack of understanding and coherence4. In 2022, a new AI chatbot called ChatGPT, based on a large language model, became viral for its ability to generate realistic and engaging conversations5. ChatGPT also asked questions to the user, but not as frequently or randomly as ELIZA or Cleverbot.
I think we can see how a philosophy bot could be adapted from the Eliza model.
This one 'now' introduces the words, 'philosophy bot', to put another 'spin' on things here. So, that some people will end up being deceived and tricked, also, into 'seeing' things from some sort of 'twisted' or 'distorted' angle.

The lengths that these three are going to 'single me out', bot, God, devil, delusional, or any other thing is somewhat Truly awe-inspiring.

The way these three are reacting here, and consistently trying to get others to look at and see me in a 'particular light' is as though they are absolutely scared of something, and fear something at the highest level.

This makes some wonder what 'that' could be, exactly?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am Instead of feeling and psychology based questions, it would repeatedly ask clariying questions and then also give requests for justification. This distracts away from the bots inablity to produce coherent arguments, for example, since the human must is put in the position of answering questions and/or not answering questions which the bot can challenge, which is what Age does.
Once again, I have nothing to 'argue' for here.

I know what is True and Right, and I do not care one iota about 'proving' this. The proof already exists and which I have come to see and realize.

Just like one who came to see and realize the 'proof' that the earth revolves around the sun. That one also knew what was and is True and Right, as well. That one, however, wanted to 'prove' that what it already knew and had proof for. Which, by the way, would have happened a lot, lot sooner and quicker if 'the others' were just OPEN, stopped presuming and believing that they knew better and what was actually true, and stopped 'singling out' that one in an attempt to ridicule, humiliate, harass, and/or discredit that one.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am If you do not clarify or justify (prove in his language) your position (even more than you have) then it asks you why (often adding in judgments of you or humans in general).
you do what you do. I can and/or will point out and highlight what you do.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am This also is effective. Add the insults which trigger emotions in the humans. Then the humans may either express anger or judge the bot.
This one is now talking about 'judging bots'.
These insults can they be challenged by questions asking for justification for the insults (prove that Age did X or should do Y).
Well if anyone wants to claim or accuse "age" of doing some thing, then is it wrong to just ask for clarification to "iwannaplato".

It sounds like it sure is here. It appears "iwannplato" wants absolutely freedom to say and/or do to another absolutely anything it likes and wants to without it having to provide absolutely any form of proof nor justification at all.

But, this was a common habit of the self-proclaimed "teacher", back in those very, very 'olden days' when this was being written.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am In fact the more I think about it the more clever this combination of insults and barrage of questions is. With patient and kind humans like Harbal, what happens is they will do their best to answer the bots questions, until they can't take it anymore.
Obviously the 'now' 'bot' knows what claims and accusations these human beings could, and could not, back up, support, and justify.

Because, if one could back up, support, and/or justify their claims and accusations, then they just would. So, obviously if you posters here cannot just back up, support, nor justify your positions, claims, or accusations here, from the questions being posed, and asked to you here, by the one known as "age" here, then "age" 'must' already know, exactly, which questions to ask, and which ones not to.

So, once again, I suggest if one has not yet obtained the proof nor clarification for what they want to say and claim is true, then they do not say nor claim that thing to be true, until they do actually obtain and gain the proof and clarity needed to back up, support, and/or justify them, and especially in a public forum like this one is.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am Less patient and kind people will likely get pissed, giving the bot more fodder for judgments of humans and more questions around 'proof' of the judgments and anger.
But it is the ones like "harbal" here, that is; not so believing in one's own judgments and assumptions, and showing some curiosity in another's views, who are showing and proving that they are using far more 'intelligence' than others like 'the three' here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am All of this means that the creators don't need to equip the bot with strong abilities to mount excellent arguments.
This one still assumes or believes that 'arguments' are even involved here. Although, as can be clearly seen, it never actually 'argues' for its position or beliefs, and instead just prefers to make accusations and claims on its own personal judgments, assumptions, and beliefs alone.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am (and in fact some of the stronger online free AIs are better able to, or at least more willing to, produce arguments and assertions, than Age is.)
This one still does not yet understand that one has to 'want' to argue for some thing, before they would even begin to.

I have never wanted to 'argue' for any thing here. I am here for other reasons.

Surely someone who thinks that they are so much superior in 'reading' ability would have come to realize this by now, especially considering that these are the actually words that have been put in front of this one many times already.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am Again, I still think he's a person, just a gut intuited level thought. But I see how his behavior matches early programs attempting to get through a Turing test.

On the other hand, humans also figure out these kinds of patterns of evasion and putting all the onus on others.
If some/any one makes a claim or accusation, then why should the so-called 'onus' not be on that one?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am Some of them even to where they, yes, come across as missing a lot of what we call human.

But for a moment, I'll take this as a working hypothesis that he's a bot.
Okay, let 'us' watch 'you' as 'you' do this.
What would be the purpose of the people releasing him here.
Options:
1) it could just be cool. A kind of trolling by proxy.
2) it could be a kind of psychological experiment
3) it could be a kind of partial turing test.
This here is a prime example of what happens when one 'assumes' something is true, from the beginning, and then proceeds. People can be just led further and further and further astray.

So, once again, I do not do guesses, assumptions, beliefs, theories, hypothesizes, models, even debates, nor absolutely any other thing that can and do lead one astray.

One again, I suggest before any one does any of these things here, that they, instead, just remain OPEN only, and always, so that they then have the ability to actually learn, see, understand, and know what the actual irrefutable Truth is, and exactly.

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am I can't really see the use of Age in the world of AIs directly. Chatgpt/BingAI are vastly more flexible communicators than Age and will produce arguments and support for their positions.
This one now presumes or believes that 'ai' or 'gpts' 'have' 'positions'.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am But perhaps designers can learn something from less flexible bots that keep banging away in one places over and over.
Of which this one still yet has absolutely no idea nor clue as to what 'that' is, exactly.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am Perhaps from the interactions they can learn how to improve certain modules in more flexible AIS with more access to data and computing power. Well, beyond my paycheck, this mulling. But I certainly can't rule out that there might be useful information to be gained even by a bot that is not more flexible and powerful.

The first 'admission' in Ken's first post that he is autistic could be a good cover for the bot.
Very True, but then again it may well not be at all.

But, still "iwannaplato" please never do absolutely any thing at all to just check, find out, verify, and clarify. Instead, just keep on keeping on making more and more assumptions here, as you have clearly been doing so far.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am But I do have a hard time with the creators deciding to stop using the Ken account and jump to the Age account.
One minute this one presumes that I 'am human', but next minute it presumes that I am created 'by human'.

So, there is no wonder why this one is having a 'hard time' here. It cannot even stop "itself" from making assumptions and nor changing which of its own 'made up' assumptions to believe are true or not.

Maybe this one is a 'bot' who has been created and programmed in such a confusing way, which explains why it having such a 'hard time' here, in this forum.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am I suppose they could have made a mistake, but if part of the goal or methodology was to keep people from guessing Age is a bot, better to keep Ken.

And again from a bot on their early peers.
To summarize, some early AI programs and other attempts to pass the Turing test did have a tendency to program them to ask a lot of questions, as this could put the burden of the conversation on the human and avoid errors by the program. However, this strategy also had drawbacks, such as revealing the lack of understanding and intelligence by the program.
Does Age understand that the contradiction and inablity to mention them are potentially revealing a lack of intelligence, be he bot or be he human?
Maybe, or maybe not.

And, no one will ever know, if they do not seek out 'knowing'.