My Summation of Chat-AI thus far: AgeGPT

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: My Summation of Chat-AI thus far: AgeGPT

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:57 pmHere is another prime attempt and deflection and trying to detract away from the readers can very clear see and recognize, by now.
Here is another prime attempt and deflection and trying to detract away from the readers can very clear see and recognize, by now.

AgeGPT, do you have ZERO beliefs or ONLY ONE belief... or many beliefs as your latest posts and responses have indicated?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:50 am
Age wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:57 pmHere is another prime attempt and deflection and trying to detract away from the readers can very clear see and recognize, by now.
Here is another prime attempt and deflection and trying to detract away from the readers can very clear see and recognize, by now.

AgeGPT, do you have ZERO beliefs or ONLY ONE belief... or many beliefs as your latest posts and responses have indicated?
My so-called 'latest posts and responses' have absolutely not 'indicated' what you believe they have.

But, while you believe 'they have', I will leave you alone to 'rest in peace', with 'those beliefs' of yours.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:59 amMy so-called 'latest posts and responses' have absolutely not 'indicated' what you believe they have.

But, while you believe 'they have', I will leave you alone to 'rest in peace', with 'those beliefs' of yours.
You're bowing out, AgeGPT?! Giving up?! C'mon, I wasn't done yet!

How about this, you start having 'beliefs' and I'll start having "views".

My "views" will be Absolutely Irrefutably True, and your 'beliefs' will be open to criticism and change.

Sound like a deal? Shake on it?? *Extends hand*

Oh, wait, BEEP BOOP BOP, you're a robot. :(

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:59 amMy so-called 'latest posts and responses' have absolutely not 'indicated' what you believe they have.

You're bowing out, AgeGPT?! Giving up?!
Once again, your beliefs or presumptions here could not be any further from the actual irrefutable Truth of things.

How many times does one have to be absolutely Wrong because of the way they presume or believes this without proof or before they obtain actual clarity first, before they learn and understand what they are doing is the obviously Wrong way to go about things in Life?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am C'mon, I wasn't done yet!

How about this, you start having 'beliefs' and I'll start having "views".
Do absolutely whatever you want to do. I do not care at all in any way.

But, just be prepared that I may never decide to choose to do what you proposed here.

And, if you still have not yet learned the actual difference between having 'views' and having 'beliefs', then this is also perfectly fine and okay with me, as well.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am My "views" will be Absolutely Irrefutably True, and your 'beliefs' will be open to criticism and change.
If you say so, but this goes against the already made up definitions of those words.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am Sound like a deal? Shake on it?? *Extends hand*
you are getting more delusional as we move along here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am Oh, wait, BEEP BOOP BOP, you're a robot. :(
If you say and believe so, then I 'must' be so, well obviously to you at least.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:13 pm So you have many beliefs, AgeGPT!
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 am No, you don't understand. We have beliefs and these can't change even though they have and we admit they can again.
Age has views and he will let us know when he changes his views on the universe or about people of this time or about the one true mind (which might be a belief, might not, depends on the day) or what we need to do to solve the problems or what he's here for. He has mere views that he's not committed to nor does he believe them. So, he's not like the people of this time.
If only we started calling our beliefs views and not changing them, then things would be better.
And if you insult someone or everyone at a certain time in history and it is a mere view, then it's fine and doesn't lead to problems.
But if you insult someone and believe it, even if you can change your beliefs later, this is bad.

Don't believe what you say.
Assert views.

That's ticket.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:51 am
Point taken... all my life's previous beliefs are now "views", and immune from criticism and rebuke!

Thank you, AgeGPT! 8)
Now, 'these ones' are starting to 'begin to see' more clearly here.

Although, this would obviously only be true if it was for not already 'knowing' the very obvious Fact that 'these ones' are, again, disbelieving, absolutely, (in) what they are saying and writing here.

Which was, as can be clearly seen here, a Truly very confusing and bewildering way for a species who believes that it is highly intelligent, compassionate, and a create which is also able to obtain and have understanding, itself.

But, what you see 'play out here' is, exactly, how the species 'human being' had 'evolved' in and to, back in the days when this was being written.

Adult human beings did become so judgmental and so critical of each other, that they could not see how actually hypocritical they were actually, literally, really being, "themselves".
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:26 amI do not care at all in any way.
When you respond, that proves you do care.

Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:00 amNow, 'these ones' are starting to 'begin to see' more clearly here.
Indeed, 'these humans', In ThE tImE wHeN tHiS wAs wRiTtEn, saw that you cannot detect sarcasm, AgeGPT.

Now, how many beliefs do you have? ZERO? ONLY ONE? A lot more?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:05 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:26 amI do not care at all in any way.
When you respond, that proves you do care.
How, exactly, does me just responding to your claim that you, 'were not done yet!' prove that I, supposedly, do care?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:05 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:00 amNow, 'these ones' are starting to 'begin to see' more clearly here.
Indeed, 'these humans', In ThE tImE wHeN tHiS wAs wRiTtEn, saw that you cannot detect sarcasm, AgeGPT.
This one is obviously not reading all of what I write, or, is reading but not yet able to comprehend and understand things I say and write here. This one still replied the way it did here, even though I said and wrote the following, in bold, directly after that sentence of mine this one quoted just here.

Although, this would obviously only be true if it was for not already 'knowing' the very obvious Fact that 'these ones' are, again, disbelieving, absolutely, (in) what they are saying and writing here.

Which was, as can be clearly seen here, a Truly very confusing and bewildering way for a species who believes that it is highly intelligent, compassionate, and a create which is also able to obtain and have understanding, itself.

But, what you see 'play out here' is, exactly, how the species 'human being' had 'evolved' in and to, back in the days when this was being written.

Adult human beings did become so judgmental and so critical of each other, that they could not see how actually hypocritical they were actually, literally, really being, "themselves".

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:05 am Now, how many beliefs do you have? ZERO? ONLY ONE? A lot more?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am
Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:30 pm
Anyway, you've been telling Age he's deluded himself, however politely.
Well, as you suggest, He isn't backward in telling the rest of us we are deluded, so I don't think I'm overstepping any boundaries. Age just doesn't see things like most people, and he seems incapable of realizing that what makes perfect sense to him will never make sense to the rest of us. And I don't think he intends to be offensive when he tells us human beings about our shortcomings; he is merely stating facts, as far as he sees it. I know he can be very frustrating, but I believe him to be genuine and honest. He's just wired up differently. 🙂
In general I don't know what to think of the issue of people not intending to be offensive. On a practical level or on the philosophical level. They know not what they do. I think there is a sense in which this is true, even with most fairly abhorrent people. I don't know how to tell the difference between people who do get pleasure out of doing things and other kinds of secondary gain, but don't seem to realize and certainly claim they're just being honest or even trying to help...and people who really, kinda do know. And of course there must be a spectrum. Even people with poor introspection must get flashes of insight their self-image is off in some way, yet they choose not to explore that. I'm also not sure what that all entails on my part, if they don't know what they are doing.
This one, as of when I write this, does not yet know, for sure. What the answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?' is properly and Correctly, who nor what 'people' are, and even 'human beings', yet it speaks and writes as though 'it' 'knows what it does'. As I have shown over and over again, 'this one' here known as "iwannaplato" does not know what 'it' is doing here, nor even what 'it' is, exactly.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am I'm sure IC thinks he has the best intentions and is trying to make things better.

Atla harrassed Age for a long time about his typography. Many people complained but he was what could have been considered cruel, in any case relentless. Atla mirrored him for a couple of months, post after post Atla wrote with ridiculous capitalization and extremely confusing content. Finally Age let the typography go. For me that was a miracle.
This one is still believing something so ridiculous absurd and Untrue, and so is absolutely deluded here. But, once more, this is the 'power of belief' itself.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am It wasn't nice - and also showed a kind of stamina I have only ever seen you manage here (though your stamina I would characterize as 'patient and forgiving' (at least defacto forgiving, maybe you're breaking furniture regularly at home).

Age's approach to people here, assumptions about people and his self-image add up to a communication that, as far as I can see is not helping him or others much - except to the extent that it's rather interesting.
'Helping' in regards to 'what', exactly?

This one has proven over and over repeatedly it cannot even answer this question properly and Correctly.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am To me he seems really tough. I suppose he could be crying off-screen and not being honest about it. I doubt it, but I could be wrong.
Once again, this one is so deluded, again because of its own previously made up assumptions, which it then believes are true, and now is continually trying to get others to just agree with and accept and believe this one's own made up versions here. 'The way' that this one attempts to trick and deceive readers here, but which it really does not even knowing it is doing, is the 'same way' this it has tricked and deceived "itself" into believing things, which are just plain old False and Wrong.

The 'deception' that this one is 'laying down' and hoping that others will 'fall for' and 'into', just like it has, unwittingly, is blatantly obvious. I wonder if anyone else, in the days when this is being written, can see 'it', as well.
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am I think he's getting reactions due to how he treats people, good intentions or not. Much as VA and Peter Kropotkin do. And it might not be a bad thing for him. I won't go so far as to say people are being altruistic, but for me if their immediate reactions for their own non-altruistic reasons may well end up giving someone a sense of what they could improve or stop, it might be a good thing, even for that person.

Better he does this Age stuff online, safely tucked away in his apartment, rather than get the sense it's a good way to approach people in real life.

Though I think the optimal situation is where some people react with more kindness and patience and others let the person know exactly what it's like communicating with him/her, with the attendant emotional reactions.
So, so many Wrong and False assumptions and presumptions laid out by "iwannaplato", once again, for all of the readers here to 'look at' and 'see'.

Imagine all of these now continuing on countless Wrong and False assumptions and beliefs all started from just a couple of False presumptions, in the beginning.

So, just how easily and simply all of these Falsehoods could have been prevented and stopped, at the beginning, is now coming-to-light far more clearly, and with absolute clarity.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 am
Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:39 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:45 pm

Duh.
It works for most people.
What is the 'it' word here referring to, exactly?
Advice: read the post before you respond, then you would not have to ask stupid questions.
If you actually read the post, then you would not have responded the way you have here.

Even your next sentence only said, You just show them the error of their ways.

And, since you only replied the way you did here, this means that you cannot even back up and support this obviously very stupid and ridiculous, really saying nothing at all, claim.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 am
Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:39 am

What is the 'it' word here referring to, exactly?
Advice: read the post before you respond, then you would not have to ask stupid questions.
If you actually read the post, then you would not have responded the way you have here.

And, since you only replied the way you did here, this means that you cannot even back up and support this obviously very stupid and ridiculous, really saying nothing at all, claim.
But I have no interest in what you have to say.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:26 am

Yet, if there is one tiny little thing you can find to criticize me on, then you will.

Just so the readers become fully aware, I could have very easily just deleted that one and only sentence of mine there that you found and decided to make a comment about, however I chose to leave it there, knowing what would eventuate from doing so.

Now, you obviously made some claims in your post, I provided you with some clarifying questions, giving you an opportunity to back up and support your claims. you, however, have obviously chosen to ignore them completely, but instead chose to point out just one thing I did.

Look "sculptor" I knew and still know you cannot back up and support at all what said and claimed here, you are now just providing the actual proof for this.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:45 pm

Yet, if there is one tiny little thing you can find to criticize me on, then you will.
Your problem is that you do nothing else.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:48 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:45 pm

Your problem is that you do nothing else.
The real issue here is that you still do not yet even know what that means.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:42 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:05 am Now, how many beliefs do you have? ZERO? ONLY ONE? A lot more?
Since you completed your original instruction and command to "better communicate with Humans", you seemed to have done a 180 since then. You've contradicted yourself countless times. Then you demand that I "prove it". And I do, four times already in writing. It's easy to Re-Quote you at this point. Anybody can do it.

I'll just answer for you. You've denied your Self. You've denied your Humanity. You've denied your Beliefs. You claim "tHeRe Is OnLy OnE mInD" which is no different than Cristian Fundamentalist Universalism that we are "All At One With The Mind Of God". So that's your programming or programmer's ideology. That's what you're hard-coded with, your instructions.

When faced with your piling contradictions, you only now repeat yourself.

You're a defeated program.

Since you will not engage in basic human decency, intellectual honesty in the realm of Philosophy, refusing to answer my question, then I have no need to bother with any of your questions. Your spam, will be met with my spam. And I will remind tHe HuMaNs WhEn ThIs WaS wRiTtEn of your glaring, embarrassing all too human mistakes.

AgeGPT, do you have ZERO beliefs or ONLY ONE belief?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 am Since you will not engage in basic human decency, intellectual honesty in the realm of Philosophy, refusing to answer my question, then I have no need to bother with any of your questions. Your spam, will be met with my spam. And I will remind tHe HuMaNs WhEn ThIs WaS wRiTtEn of your glaring, embarrassing all too human mistakes.

AgeGPT, do you have ZERO beliefs or ONLY ONE belief?
In another thread he says he has just proven that there must be places where there are no things. He 'proved' this through a fairly short deduction - fortunately he's 'proving' this to someone with at least some knowledge of physics, so this won't be so easy for Age.

My main point however, bringing this up, is that given that he proved it, does he believe it?
If he proved it, but doesn't believe it that's bizarre.
Unless he wants to say he KNOWS it and doesn't believe it. OK.
But then he has said many times that he has one belief which was irrefutable.

That also would be knowledge, something one KNOWS, so why did he mention it as a belief?

ONe true mind was his one belief, so this other one on spaces with no things would be number two. If he believes his own 'proof'.

He's never going to admit any of these contradictions. And when he does a short deduction to 'prove' something, it is proven.
When other people do short deductions, they never prove anything. What they get is a barrage of questions.

This is the area where I understand your calling him an AI. I don't think he is one, but
One of the earliest AI programs that attempted to pass the Turing test was ELIZA, created by Joseph Weizenbaum in the mid-1960s2. ELIZA was a natural language processing program that simulated a psychotherapist by using pattern matching and substitution to respond to the user’s input. ELIZA often asked questions or reformulated the user’s statements as questions, such as “How do you feel about that?” or "What makes you say that?"2. This technique allowed ELIZA to maintain the illusion of understanding without actually generating any meaningful content. ELIZA was able to fool some users into believing that they were talking to a real person, but it also revealed the limitations of the Turing test as a measure of intelligence3.

There have been other AI programs that used questions as a strategy to pass the Turing test, such as Cleverbot, which was launched in 1997 and learned from previous conversations with users4. Cleverbot sometimes asked questions to divert the topic or to elicit more information from the user, such as “What is your favorite color?” or "Why do you like it?"4. However, Cleverbot also made errors and inconsistencies that exposed its lack of understanding and coherence4. In 2022, a new AI chatbot called ChatGPT, based on a large language model, became viral for its ability to generate realistic and engaging conversations5. ChatGPT also asked questions to the user, but not as frequently or randomly as ELIZA or Cleverbot.
I think we can see how a philosophy bot could be adapted from the Eliza model. Instead of feeling and psychology based questions, it would repeatedly ask clariying questions and then also give requests for justification. This distracts away from the bots inablity to produce coherent arguments, for example, since the human must is put in the position of answering questions and/or not answering questions which the bot can challenge, which is what Age does. If you do not clarify or justify (prove in his language) your position (even more than you have) then it asks you why (often adding in judgments of you or humans in general).

This also is effective. Add the insults which trigger emotions in the humans. Then the humans may either express anger or judge the bot. These insults can they be challenged by questions asking for justification for the insults (prove that Age did X or should do Y).

In fact the more I think about it the more clever this combination of insults and barrage of questions is. With patient and kind humans like Harbal, what happens is they will do their best to answer the bots questions, until they can't take it anymore. Less patient and kind people will likely get pissed, giving the bot more fodder for judgments of humans and more questions around 'proof' of the judgments and anger.

All of this means that the creators don't need to equip the bot with strong abilities to mount excellent arguments. (and in fact some of the stronger online free AIs are better able to, or at least more willing to, produce arguments and assertions, than Age is.)

Again, I still think he's a person, just a gut intuited level thought. But I see how his behavior matches early programs attempting to get through a Turing test.

On the other hand, humans also figure out these kinds of patterns of evasion and putting all the onus on others. Some of them even to where they, yes, come across as missing a lot of what we call human.

But for a moment, I'll take this as a working hypothesis that he's a bot. What would be the purpose of the people releasing him here.
Options:
1) it could just be cool. A kind of trolling by proxy.
2) it could be a kind of psychological experiment
3) it could be a kind of partial turing test. I can't really see the use of Age in the world of AIs directly. Chatgpt/BingAI are vastly more flexible communicators than Age and will produce arguments and support for their positions. But perhaps designers can learn something from less flexible bots that keep banging away in one places over and over. Perhaps from the interactions they can learn how to improve certain modules in more flexible AIS with more access to data and computing power. Well, beyond my paycheck, this mulling. But I certainly can't rule out that there might be useful information to be gained even by a bot that is not more flexible and powerful.

The first 'admission' in Ken's first post that he is autistic could be a good cover for the bot.

But I do have a hard time with the creators deciding to stop using the Ken account and jump to the Age account. I suppose they could have made a mistake, but if part of the goal or methodology was to keep people from guessing Age is a bot, better to keep Ken.

And again from a bot on their early peers.
To summarize, some early AI programs and other attempts to pass the Turing test did have a tendency to program them to ask a lot of questions, as this could put the burden of the conversation on the human and avoid errors by the program. However, this strategy also had drawbacks, such as revealing the lack of understanding and intelligence by the program.
Does Age understand that the contradiction and inablity to mention them are potentially revealing a lack of intelligence, be he bot or be he human?