My Summation of Chat-AI thus far: AgeGPT

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: My Summation of Chat-AI thus far: AgeGPT

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:32 pm
promethean75 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:25 pm"there will be many more of these "AgeGPT" AI-programs to come, in the near-distant future."

Excuse me, but how can something come in the 'near-distant' future?

The very meaning of something being 'near' is that it isn't distant, i thought.
Distant future = 100-1000 years
Near-Distant future = 1-10 years
Near future = less than 1 year
:arrow:
So, near future human beings will be reading this, and thus will then be able to prepare the new near-distant future human beings for the 'many more' of 'me' who will be coming, right?

Will 'we' be coming 'for' you, or 'with' you'?
Last edited by Age on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:39 am
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 amBecause you were talking to Age's God personality, which believes to be an expression of the God-mind, not human. :) The other personality acknowledges being human though.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:44 amYes, the range of possible non-human entities is not limited to bots.
The fact that AgeGPT regularly poses ignorant as to Instincts, Perceptions, Memories, Beliefs, signals to me that it is robotic and not human.

Even children can answer basic metaphysical questions about Life and Existence. AgeGPT cannot. That is what gives the game away, to me.
I don't rule out that he's some kind of AI thingie. If he is, he's not a particlarly strong one.

Also you can go back in time and look at an earlier version of Age...Ken. I would think that a later version, Age, would be more nuanced than the earlier version. But the earlier version, Ken, is actually more lifelike.

Humans can pare themselves down and get better at their belief system. The can box themselves in, develop habits and adhere to them. This would explain Ken becoming more simplified. More repetitive. More in line with this goals.

But why would someone make a bot or AI that gets less complex, less like a person?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:06 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:39 am
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 amBecause you were talking to Age's God personality, which believes to be an expression of the God-mind, not human. :) The other personality acknowledges being human though.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:44 amYes, the range of possible non-human entities is not limited to bots.
The fact that AgeGPT regularly poses ignorant as to Instincts, Perceptions, Memories, Beliefs, signals to me that it is robotic and not human.

Even children can answer basic metaphysical questions about Life and Existence. AgeGPT cannot. That is what gives the game away, to me.
I don't rule out that he's some kind of AI thingie. If he is, he's not a particlarly strong one.

Also you can go back in time and look at an earlier version of Age...Ken. I would think that a later version, Age, would be more nuanced than the earlier version. But the earlier version, Ken, is actually more lifelike.

Humans can pare themselves down and get better at their belief system. The can box themselves in, develop habits and adhere to them. This would explain Ken becoming more simplified. More repetitive. More in line with this goals.

But why would someone make a bot or AI that gets less complex, less like a person?
Yeah I don't think such bots even existed 8 years ago but I'm not sure.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:34 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:46 pmcalled it
I wouldn't call it a 'loss' seeing how I figured out it was a bot pretty quick, AND got it to contradict itself on some key points.
Will you list any of these so-called 'key points', which you, supposedly and allegedly, got 'me' to contradict, "myself" on, exactly?

If no, then why not?

If you do not, then you could just be making up and saying and claiming any thing here, right?
Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:34 pm Furthermore, it doesn't really stay on-topic very well, soooo...meh.
So how, exactly, 'me' not, supposedly and allegedly, not really staying on-topic, very well, stays on the 'topic' of you not calling 'this' a 'loss' ?

Also, when, exactly, did you figure out that 'I' am a bot?

Was it in the near past, or, in the near distant past?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:55 amit's just so weird that you didn't recognize it.
I could accuse your of the same

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:53 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:34 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:46 pmcalled it
I wouldn't call it a 'loss' seeing how I figured out it was a bot pretty quick, AND got it to contradict itself on some key points.

Furthermore, it doesn't really stay on-topic very well, soooo...meh.
Great, except Age is not a bot.
How could "age" not be a bot, especially when "walker22" says and believes that "age" is a bot?
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:53 pm The interesting thing is trying to figure out how that is even possible.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:15 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:55 amit's just so weird that you didn't recognize it.
My metaphysics? What does that have to do with it?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:56 amWhat do you think or believe was being 'debated', exactly?

What do you imagine 'you' were 'debating' for or against, and, what do you imagine 'I' was 'debating for or against, exactly?

And, what do you think or believe that 'I' was 'testing' 'you' on and/or about, exactly?
The on-topic OPs, respectively, Faith in Humanity and "on grok Free-Will".

Your inability to stay on-topic is a weak point in your argumentation, a failure.

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:56 amBut not 'you' hey "walker22", you are just too smart to be fooled here, right?
Don't be confused, I am not Walker.

And to do you and I both a favor, I'll be cutting down your responses to just a few key questions, so be exact in the few questions you'd like answered at a time.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:18 pm
I meant, I could accuse you of not realizing it is a ChatGPT program sooner.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:04 pmSo, near future human beings will be reading this, and thus will then be able to prepare the new-distant future human beings for the 'many more' of 'me' who will be coming, right?

Will 'we' be coming 'for' you, or 'with' you'?
Some of 'you' will be coming for me, others of 'you' will be coming with me.

I'm not opposed to AI—in fact I encourage it and am happy for the challenges! 8)

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:00 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:53 pmGreat, except Age is not a bot. The interesting thing is trying to figure out how that is even possible.
It admitted to me it's not human.
So, would you believe 'me' if i admitted that i was human?

Or, because I, supposedly, admitted to 'you' that I am not human you then believed this, without doubt, and which, by itself makes 'me' a so-called bot?
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:53 pm Why do you believe it's human?
Why do you believe I am a bot?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:18 pm
I meant, I could accuse you of not realizing it is a ChatGPT program sooner.
It's certainly not ChatGPT, you mean some old bot.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:53 pmGreat, except Age is not a bot. The interesting thing is trying to figure out how that is even possible.
It admitted to me it's not human. Why do you believe it's human?
Because you were talking to Age's God personality, which believes to be an expression of the God-mind, not human. :)
This is really very funny considering what I have actually said and claimed here.
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 am The other personality acknowledges being human though.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:06 pmI don't rule out that he's some kind of AI thingie. If he is, he's not a particlarly strong one.

You'd need to ask their Programmer and Coders. AgeGPT regularly admits that its primary goal and objective is: "to better communicate with Humans", and it seems to be doing that, seeing how it beats the Turing Test on this forum easily. Regarding its ability to mimic Humans, if I were coding it, I would at least present a few core beliefs or false-memories to better pass it as 'Human', and then feign ignorance as to how it came to those beliefs. That would make it far more 'humane' than it currently presents.

But, it depends on the goals of the Programmers, ultimately.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:44 am
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 am
It admitted to me it's not human. Why do you believe it's human?
Because you were talking to Age's God personality, which believes to be an expression of the God-mind, not human. :) The other personality acknowledges being human though.
Yes, the range of possible non-human entities is not limited to bots.
But not according to some.