The Transhumanism Agenda

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

The Transhumanism Agenda

Post by Walker »

Laura Aboli - The Transhumanism Agenda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-EMWpyugM

“If you already identify as a hybrid between a man and a woman you will be easily convinced to become a hybrid between human and machine.”

I know nothing about this woman, but her message is fundamentalist. Could be Christian, could be Islam. Could be Rationality.

Re: The Transhumanism Agenda

Post by Age »

Well, considering the Fact of the way that 'the world' was like, back in the very day that this was being written, and who and what created 'that world', 'the post human world' did not come quick enough. Well not from my perspective anyway. But, at least 'we' are HERE-NOW.

Also, why, exactly, is the so-called 'most fundamental notion of human identity', that is; 'the most fundamental notion of a 'human being', or 'the most fundamental notion' of just 'being human', is supposedly 'gender', of all things?

The 'fundamental notion of identity' of and/or for any other animal is certainly not 'gender'. So, why is 'gender', supposedly, so important or is, supposedly, the 'fundamental notion of identity' to and/or for some of you adult human beings?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Transhumanism is defined in so many ways.
But there is a segment that is selling transhumanism - humans being merged in various ways with technology - as enhancement, when it looks to me much more like ultimate surveillance and control.

This has been happening for a while with the technology physically external to the body - we are pretty thoroughly surveilled via social media/internet use, etc.

But I'm thinking of the next steps where the physical merging takes place.

This isn't to belittle some of the negative effects of the non-physically merging processes.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Age wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:47 am Well, considering the Fact of the way that 'the world' was like, back in the very day that this was being written, and who and what created 'that world', 'the post human world' did not come quick enough. Well not from my perspective anyway. But, at least 'we' are HERE-NOW.

Also, why, exactly, is the so-called 'most fundamental notion of human identity', that is; 'the most fundamental notion of a 'human being', or 'the most fundamental notion' of just 'being human', is supposedly 'gender', of all things?

The 'fundamental notion of identity' of and/or for any other animal is certainly not 'gender'. So, why is 'gender', supposedly, so important or is, supposedly, the 'fundamental notion of identity' to and/or for some of you adult human beings?
I think identity and mindfulness mirror the one thing going on in a human experience.
The transhuman machinery is simply a possible way in which to "keep things going" re human mindfulness rather than finding an ultimate identity.

A "mind" can theoretically experience being anything - a planet or a star or a whole galaxy...but does this ultimately tell that mind "what" it "is"?

Or is the answer ultimately that "it doesn't really matter."?

Post by Age »

VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm
Age wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:47 am Well, considering the Fact of the way that 'the world' was like, back in the very day that this was being written, and who and what created 'that world', 'the post human world' did not come quick enough. Well not from my perspective anyway. But, at least 'we' are HERE-NOW.

I think identity and mindfulness mirror the one thing going on in a human experience.
Okay, but what and/or which 'identity' are you referring to here, exactly?

The transhuman machinery[/quote]

But I never mentioned absolutely anything about so-called 'transhuman machinery', as can be clearly seen above here, nor even alluded to 'that'.
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm

is simply a possible way in which to "keep things going" re human mindfulness rather than finding an ultimate identity.
Okay.
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm A "mind" can theoretically experience being anything - a planet or a star or a whole galaxy...but does this ultimately tell that mind "what" it "is"?
One could say that when the ultimate is found, and known, then what 'it' is, exactly, is or has, 'now', been told.
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm Or is the answer ultimately that "it doesn't really matter."?
Of course, that would all depend on what the 'it' word here is referring to, exactly, and to who and/or what this question is being asked to, exactly, correct?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Age wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:47 am
That is the point of having the word "mirror" included with the word "mindfulness" I leave it up to the individual to makes sense of the image of mindfulness re reflectiveness.
If your question is more personal asking me how I identify mindfulness (as my "self") as in "what do I see therein?" it is not a question I think needs answer from me to anyone asking.
I never mentioned absolutely anything about so-called 'transhuman machinery'
So what? The thread topic allows for my mentioning it, okay?
Okay.
Great!
A "mind" can theoretically experience being anything - a planet or a star or a whole galaxy...but does this ultimately tell that mind "what" it "is"?
One could say that when the ultimate is found, and known, then what 'it' is, exactly, is or has, 'now', been told.
One can say a lot of things. How is your comment related to my own?
Of course, that would all depend on what the 'it' word here is referring to, exactly, and to who and/or what this question is being asked to, exactly, correct?
The "it" in this case has to do with the idea that a "mind" can theoretically experience being anything - a planet or a star or a whole galaxy" and the question is asking whether mindfulness matters and if so does it also matter that mindfulness understands itself, as an object whatever (it the object) happens to be.

Is the object the best "mirror" to reflect off of in order to gain identity, or does gaining identity (identifying with the object) really "matter" or "answer the question"?

Post by Age »

VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm
That is the point of having the word "mirror" included with the word "mindfulness" I leave it up to the individual to makes sense of the image of mindfulness re reflectiveness.
If your question is more personal asking me how I identify mindfulness (as my "self") as in "what do I see therein?" it is not a question I think needs answer from me to anyone asking.
Okay. But my question was not like that.
I was not aware before that the 'thread topic' had control over what you could or could not mention here.

Anyway, even if you are 'allowed to mention some supposed thing like some so-called 'transhuman machinery', since you 'mentioned' that thing in reply to what I said and wrote here, I was just 'mentioning' that I had never 'mentioned' any such thing, ever before.

So, that is so what.
Okay.
Great!
When some thing is known, for sure, then what is known is, literally, 'telling', and 'telling' what 'it' is, and/or has been, exactly.

that is how my comment here is related to your comment here.
The "it" in this case has to do with the idea that a "mind" can theoretically experience being anything - a planet or a star or a whole galaxy" and the question is asking whether mindfulness matters
'Matters' in relation to 'what', exactly?
VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm and if so does it also matter that mindfulness understands itself, as an object whatever (it the object) happens to be.
Well when, and if, 'you' also ever come to know and understand thy 'Self', exactly, as well, then 'you' will also know whether it matters if the Mind, Itself, understands Itself, or not.

By the way the Mind, Itself, is not 'an object' as most of you adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, perceive 'an object' to be.
VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm Is the object the best "mirror" to reflect off of in order to gain identity, or does gaining identity (identifying with the object) really "matter" or "answer the question"?
Why are you presuming or believing that 'object' matters or is even involved here?

It would be an impossibility to reflect off of 'an object' to 'mirror' ' a Self' if and when that 'Self' is not even 'an object'. But, in the case of identifying 'thee Mind Itself', or in other words coming to know 'thySelf', exactly, objects, identified as other things, could be used in one or another way to help in this identifying process.

How to actually answer 'the question' becomes blatantly obvious only 'after the Fact, as some might say here.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:37 am
I was not aware before that the 'thread topic' had control over what you could or could not mention here.

Anyway, even if you are 'allowed to mention some supposed thing like some so-called 'transhuman machinery', since you 'mentioned' that thing in reply to what I said and wrote here, I was just 'mentioning' that I had never 'mentioned' any such thing, ever before.

So, that is so what.
Okay.
Great!
When some thing is known, for sure, then what is known is, literally, 'telling', and 'telling' what 'it' is, and/or has been, exactly.

The "it" in this case has to do with the idea that a "mind" can theoretically experience being anything - a planet or a star or a whole galaxy" and the question is asking whether mindfulness matters
VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm and if so does it also matter that mindfulness understands itself, as an object whatever (it the object) happens to be.
Well when, and if, 'you' also ever come to know and understand thy 'Self', exactly, as well, then 'you' will also know whether it matters if the Mind, Itself, understands Itself, or not.

By the way the Mind, Itself, is not 'an object' as most of you adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, perceive 'an object' to be.
VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm Is the object the best "mirror" to reflect off of in order to gain identity, or does gaining identity (identifying with the object) really "matter" or "answer the question"?
Why are you presuming or believing that 'object' matters or is even involved here?

It would be an impossibility to reflect off of 'an object' to 'mirror' ' a Self' if and when that 'Self' is not even 'an object'. But, in the case of identifying 'thee Mind Itself', or in other words coming to know 'thySelf', exactly, objects, identified as other things, could be used in one or another way to help in this identifying process.

How to actually answer 'the question' becomes blatantly obvious only 'after the Fact, as some might say here.
We agree.

Post by Age »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:05 am
Age wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:37 am

So, that is so what.

Great!

We agree.
Okay