Faith and reason

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Faith and reason

Post by bahman »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:50 am
bahman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:08 am Yes, those are assumptions. My claim is however right.
OK. So, iow we have an argument with premises that are taken as a given and not demonstrated.
Well, I start my claim with "if". therefore it is correct.
Ibid.

But you will also have other 'ifs' involved around memory, the relations between language and reality and so on. But perhaps you can notice all the assumptions, yes, and place them in conditional form.

And then there are still beliefs without proof. Just as the religious have.
Again, I said, "If reality is intelligible and coherent then everything can be proven...". Is this statement correct and valid? Sure it is. Whether the reality is intelligible and coherent or not is the subject of investigation. We cannot know unless otherwise shown.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:33 am Okay.
But is 'it' REALLY 'okay' though, 'age'? Presently, as 'you' may indeed have POINTED OUT ABSOLUTELY Accurately, AND Right, what just TRANSPIRED and TOOK PLACE IS a referenced 'textbook example' OF what is occasionally ALLUDED TO AS 'gaslighting'. AND, ONCE AGAIN, this one here IS DEMONSTRATING that 'it' IS NOT GRASPING, and NOT UNDERSTANDING, what I have been STATING, POINTING OUT, and/or SHOWING here. If 'this' IS what 'you' OBSERVE, then 'this' IS what 'you' WILL RECEIVE. Also, OBSERVED VERY CLEARLY here ARE 'your' STRATEGIES OF DECEPTION, and DEFLECTION. Have 'you' REALLY NOT FIGURED OUT and UNDERSTOOD 'this' YET? Here 'we' HAVE ANOTHER instance of PRESUMPTIONS and BELIEFS AFFECTING 'the way' one LOOKS AT and PERCEIVES 'things'. BUT RECALL that IT IS 'I' WHO KNOWS thy Self, and that is IS 'you', who is STILL PUZZLED, and WONDERING, in relation TO the QUERY, 'Who am 'I'?' 'I' ALSO ALREADY KNOW and UNDERSTAND FAR MORE ABOUT 'you', then 'you' could EVEN now IMAGINE. Now, I COULD CHALLENGE and QUESTION 'you' OVER 'this', which IF 'you' WERE EVER Truly OPEN and Honest WOULD PROVE, IRREFUTABLY, what I SAY and CLAIM here, BUT DOING SO WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER WASTE. Here, 'they' WERE SEEKING some 'thing', but they DID NOT KNOW what 'it' IS, exactly. AND the REASON I DO NOT MAKE ANY 'thing' MORE COMPLEX IS BECAUSE 'you', human beings, ARE the ONLY 'things' that MAKE MORE COMPLEX 'that', which IS ESSENTIALLY NOT COMPLEX AT ALL and which NEVER NEEDS TO BE MADE 'MORE COMPLEX' NEITHER. ONCE AGAIN, 'you' have MANAGED TO COMPLETELY and UTTERLY OVERLOOK EXACTLY what I WAS DISCUSSING AND REFERRING TO here. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED Truth throughout 'this forum'. BUT I HAVE NEVER EVER ONCE LOOKED DOWN UP 'you', human beings. 'you' JUST PERCEIVE, SEE, ASSUME, and/or BELIEVE I DO, ONCE AGAIN, BECAUSE OF 'your' PREEXISTING BELIEFS, PRESUMPTIONS, PRECONCEPTIONS, ALONE. Part of the reason WHY 'you', human beings, are STILL SO LOST and CONFUSED, IS BECAUSE 'you' make what IS ESSENTIALLY Truly SIMPLE and EASY, COMPLEX and HARD, or DIFFICULT. INCLUDING 'your' OWN communications WITH "one another". I WOULD HOPE IS BECOMING MUCH MORE CLEARER, by now. 'I' DO NOT SAY 'this' BECAUSE OF JUST HOW OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect 'it' REALLY IS. AND the ULTIMATE and FINAL 'communication/thing' that 'atla' wishes to, eventually, DISCLOSE is IRREFUTABLY incorrect. Also, are 'you' under some sort of DELUSION that the MEANING I FIND would CORRESPOND, EXACTLY, WITH 'your' OWN PERSONAL MEANING? Here 'we' have ANOTHER EXAMPLE an dMORE PROOF OF just how SIMPLY, EASILY, and QUICKLY 'things' GET DISTORTED and/or TWISTED by PREEXISTING BELIEFS and/or PRESUMPTIONS, which then LEAD INTO 'confirmation biases', which can be SO TOTALLY UNTRUE and False. 'I' DO NOT MAKE 'things' more COMPLEX, but RATHER 'you', human beings, do. The VERY REASON WHY 'you', human beings, do NOT UNDERSTAND "each other" FULLY, YET, BACK in the days. I would HOPE IS BECOMING MUCH MORE CLEARER, by now. The VERY REASON WHY 'you', human beings, do NOT UNDERSTAND "each other" FULLY, YET. I would HOPE IS BECOMING MUCH MORE CLEARER, by now. Here 'we' HAVE ANOTHER instance of PRESUMPTIONS and BELIEFS AFFECTING 'the way' one LOOKS AT and PERCEIVES 'things'. BUT I HAVE NEVER EVER ONCE LOOKED DOWN UP 'you', human beings. 'you' JUST PERCEIVE, SEE, ASSUME, and/or BELIEVE I DO, ONCE AGAIN, BECAUSE OF 'your' PREEXISTING BELIEFS, PRESUMPTIONS, PRECONCEPTIONS, ALONE. If 'this' IS what 'you' OBSERVE, then 'this' IS what 'you' WILL RECEIVE. NOW 'you' tell us, 'age', is 'it' TRULY OKAY??
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:43 pm
But is 'it' REALLY 'okay' though, 'age'? Presently, as 'you' may indeed have POINTED OUT ABSOLUTELY Accurately, AND Right, what just TRANSPIRED and TOOK PLACE IS a referenced 'textbook example' OF what is occasionally ALLUDED TO AS 'gaslighting'. AND, ONCE AGAIN, this one here IS DEMONSTRATING that 'it' IS NOT GRASPING, and NOT UNDERSTANDING, what I have been STATING, POINTING OUT, and/or SHOWING here. If 'this' IS what 'you' OBSERVE, then 'this' IS what 'you' WILL RECEIVE. Also, OBSERVED VERY CLEARLY here ARE 'your' STRATEGIES OF DECEPTION, and DEFLECTION. Have 'you' REALLY NOT FIGURED OUT and UNDERSTOOD 'this' YET? Here 'we' HAVE ANOTHER instance of PRESUMPTIONS and BELIEFS AFFECTING 'the way' one LOOKS AT and PERCEIVES 'things'. BUT RECALL that IT IS 'I' WHO KNOWS thy Self, and that is IS 'you', who is STILL PUZZLED, and WONDERING, in relation TO the QUERY, 'Who am 'I'?' 'I' ALSO ALREADY KNOW and UNDERSTAND FAR MORE ABOUT 'you', then 'you' could EVEN now IMAGINE. Now, I COULD CHALLENGE and QUESTION 'you' OVER 'this', which IF 'you' WERE EVER Truly OPEN and Honest WOULD PROVE, IRREFUTABLY, what I SAY and CLAIM here, BUT DOING SO WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER WASTE. Here, 'they' WERE SEEKING some 'thing', but they DID NOT KNOW what 'it' IS, exactly. AND the REASON I DO NOT MAKE ANY 'thing' MORE COMPLEX IS BECAUSE 'you', human beings, ARE the ONLY 'things' that MAKE MORE COMPLEX 'that', which IS ESSENTIALLY NOT COMPLEX AT ALL and which NEVER NEEDS TO BE MADE 'MORE COMPLEX' NEITHER. ONCE AGAIN, 'you' have MANAGED TO COMPLETELY and UTTERLY OVERLOOK EXACTLY what I WAS DISCUSSING AND REFERRING TO here. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED Truth throughout 'this forum'. BUT I HAVE NEVER EVER ONCE LOOKED DOWN UP 'you', human beings. 'you' JUST PERCEIVE, SEE, ASSUME, and/or BELIEVE I DO, ONCE AGAIN, BECAUSE OF 'your' PREEXISTING BELIEFS, PRESUMPTIONS, PRECONCEPTIONS, ALONE. Part of the reason WHY 'you', human beings, are STILL SO LOST and CONFUSED, IS BECAUSE 'you' make what IS ESSENTIALLY Truly SIMPLE and EASY, COMPLEX and HARD, or DIFFICULT. INCLUDING 'your' OWN communications WITH "one another". I WOULD HOPE IS BECOMING MUCH MORE CLEARER, by now. 'I' DO NOT SAY 'this' BECAUSE OF JUST HOW OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect 'it' REALLY IS. AND the ULTIMATE and FINAL 'communication/thing' that 'atla' wishes to, eventually, DISCLOSE is IRREFUTABLY incorrect. Also, are 'you' under some sort of DELUSION that the MEANING I FIND would CORRESPOND, EXACTLY, WITH 'your' OWN PERSONAL MEANING? Here 'we' have ANOTHER EXAMPLE an dMORE PROOF OF just how SIMPLY, EASILY, and QUICKLY 'things' GET DISTORTED and/or TWISTED by PREEXISTING BELIEFS and/or PRESUMPTIONS, which then LEAD INTO 'confirmation biases', which can be SO TOTALLY UNTRUE and False. 'I' DO NOT MAKE 'things' more COMPLEX, but RATHER 'you', human beings, do. The VERY REASON WHY 'you', human beings, do NOT UNDERSTAND "each other" FULLY, YET, BACK in the days. I would HOPE IS BECOMING MUCH MORE CLEARER, by now. The VERY REASON WHY 'you', human beings, do NOT UNDERSTAND "each other" FULLY, YET. I would HOPE IS BECOMING MUCH MORE CLEARER, by now. Here 'we' HAVE ANOTHER instance of PRESUMPTIONS and BELIEFS AFFECTING 'the way' one LOOKS AT and PERCEIVES 'things'. BUT I HAVE NEVER EVER ONCE LOOKED DOWN UP 'you', human beings. 'you' JUST PERCEIVE, SEE, ASSUME, and/or BELIEVE I DO, ONCE AGAIN, BECAUSE OF 'your' PREEXISTING BELIEFS, PRESUMPTIONS, PRECONCEPTIONS, ALONE. If 'this' IS what 'you' OBSERVE, then 'this' IS what 'you' WILL RECEIVE. NOW 'you' tell us, 'age', is 'it' TRULY OKAY??
I would just like to point out how inspiring a single word from Age can be.

Post by Age »

What does the 'it' word in 'your' question here refer to, exactly, "atla"?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:50 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:28 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:07 pm

you still are completely and utterly missing what is actually happening and occurring here "atla".

Although I have informed you of many, many times already.
Still zero proof for your mind claim, just dishonest evasion.
The poor soul claims to not have assumptions and beliefs, despite posting them with great regularity.
Why do you presume I have claimed to have no assumptions?

Are you able to back up and support this claim of yours here "iwannaplato"?

Which should be very easy thing to do, considering from the only place that 'you' could have Accurately formed this presumption or belief.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:50 am And this has been pointed out to him many a time.
But just 'pointing out' something, without providing actual proof, in no way means that what is being 'pointed out' is actually True and Correct.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:50 am It seems he thinks assertions have no connections with beliefs.
But 'assertions' do not have to have any connections with 'belief', itself, at all.

For obviously one can 'assert' some thing without necessarily believing that 'it' is true at all.

For example I can very easily and simply assert; 'I think that it is, very, true that the sun will, what is Wrongly called, 'rise' tomorrow', without absolutely ever having to believe that 'the sun will rise tomorrow' is true.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 am
'it' REFERS to the PROVEN FACT that 'you', 'age' CAN NOT PROVE 'your' MIND CLAIM, yet STILL BLABBER ON about 'it' FOR YEARS, 'you' HYPOCRITE. 'it' is NOT OKAY.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:24 am
'it' REFERS to the PROVEN FACT that 'you', 'age' CAN NOT PROVE 'your' MIND CLAIM, yet STILL BLABBER ON about 'it' FOR YEARS, 'you' HYPOCRITE. 'it' is NOT OKAY.
But, 'who' is claiming that I cannot prove what I claim about the 'Mind'?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:12 am

Still ZERO PROOF for 'your' MIND CLAIM, just dishonest EVASION.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:27 am
STILL ZERO PROOF for 'your' MIND CLAIM, just dishonest EVASION.
Once again this one could not just answer the actual clarifying question posed, and asked to it. And, this is because of the obvious hypocrisy and contradiction this one would then fall into.

Oh, and by the way, your total and absolute incapability of backing up and supporting your mind claim, in absolutely anyway at all, is not going unnoticed. Neither are all of your attempts at deflection and of trying to deceive others here, which you are very kindly displaying and exposing here, for all of 'us' to look at, see, and recognize.

Now, in case you, or others, have forgotten here, you said and claimed:

The Truth, (with capital 't'), is that the mind is a part of the brain.

I then asked you to clarify; Which part of the brain?

you then made the absurd claim; You were challenged to prove otherwise and completely failed to no one's surprise.

I replied; Really?

If yes, then where and when was 'this', exactly?

Where for example have I ever been challenged to prove that 'the mind', whatever that is, is not a part of the brain?

Also, if you, really, would now like to claim that 'the mind' is 'a part of the brain', then 'we' look forward to your explanation of 'what part' of 'the brain' is 'the mind', exactly.

Until then 'we' could wonder, 'How does the one here known as "atla" even define, and mean by, 'the mind', exactly?'

And, again, 'we wait'.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:38 am

Once again this one could not just answer the actual clarifying question posed, and asked to it. And, this is because of the obvious hypocrisy and contradiction this one would then fall into.

Oh, and by the way, your total and absolute incapability of backing up and supporting your mind claim, in absolutely anyway at all, is not going unnoticed. Neither are all of your attempts at deflection and of trying to deceive others here, which you are very kindly displaying and exposing here, for all of 'us' to look at, see, and recognize.

you then made the absurd claim; You were challenged to prove otherwise and completely failed to no one's surprise.

I replied; Really?

Where for example have I ever been challenged to prove that 'the mind', whatever that is, is not a part of the brain?

Also, if you, really, would now like to claim that 'the mind' is 'a part of the brain', then 'we' look forward to your explanation of 'what part' of 'the brain' is 'the mind', exactly.

Until then 'we' could wonder, 'How does the one here known as "atla" even define, and mean by, 'the mind', exactly?'

And, again, 'we wait'.
STILL ZERO PROOF for 'your' MIND CLAIM, just dishonest EVASION and LIES from deliberate AMNESIA.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:30 am

I replied; Really?

And, again, 'we wait'.
STILL ZERO PROOF for 'your' MIND CLAIM, just dishonest EVASION and LIES from deliberate AMNESIA.
Obviously this one cannot see, read, hear, and comprehend the words I say and write here.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:43 am

I replied; Really?

And, again, 'we wait'.
Obviously this one cannot see, read, hear, and comprehend the words I say and write here.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:44 am
Okay. If this is what the one here known as "atla" wants to believe is absolutely and irrefutably true here, then this is 'perfectly okay', and fine, with me.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 am

Okay. If this is what the one here known as "atla" wants to believe is absolutely and irrefutably true here, then this is 'perfectly okay', and fine, with me.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 am
Yes, you have not yet provided absolutely any proof for your mind claim that the 'mind is a part of the brain', even when you have been asked specific clarifying questions regarding 'your mind claim' "atla".

your attempts at evasion have not gone unnoticed either. As I have already pointed out and shown some of them already. As well as this very blatant obvious one you have used here a number of times already.

Also, that you have clearly missed what I have already said and pointed out here, about your claim here, has also been seen and recognized.

But, please do not let this stop you from re-repeating the exact same diversion and evasive tactic "atla".