Circularity of 'Objectivity' in Dictionary

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Circularity of 'Objectivity' in Dictionary

Post by Iwannaplato »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:06 am
for example....From an opening post - and it took me seconds to find this example....
This is why when people [especially theists incl. realists] who have discovered quickie theism as a consonance to soothe the very painful cognitive dissonance of infinite regress, they will even kill those who threaten the security of the consonances they are clinging onto.
It is the same with philosophical realists who will get snarky and very violent, aggressive and abusive [verbally] when their ideology [consonance] is threatened.

Suggest those involved reflect more deeply and strive to grow out of their "kindergarten classes" to the higher levels of knowledge.
An homs, condescending, psychoanalyzing those he disagrees with, UNIVERSALIZING not just generalizing, and so on.

I mention that this is VA's OP because it is the beginning of a discussion. So, anyone reading the op who has a different opinion on the topic has already been insulted etc.

But he is clueless about why others react to him in similar ways.

And that's not even getting into the poor evidence he has for all his judgments.

If his arguments were solid, he wouldn't need all this BS that he complains about others using.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:19 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:06 am
for example....From an opening post - and it took me seconds to find this example....
This is why when people [especially theists incl. realists] who have discovered quickie theism as a consonance to soothe the very painful cognitive dissonance of infinite regress, they will even kill those who threaten the security of the consonances they are clinging onto.
It is the same with philosophical realists who will get snarky and very violent, aggressive and abusive [verbally] when their ideology [consonance] is threatened.

Suggest those involved reflect more deeply and strive to grow out of their "kindergarten classes" to the higher levels of knowledge.
An homs, condescending, psychoanalyzing those he disagrees with, UNIVERSALIZING not just generalizing, and so on.

I mention that this is VA's OP because it is the beginning of a discussion. So, anyone reading the op who has a different opinion on the topic has already been insulted etc.

But he is clueless about why others react to him in similar ways.

And that's not even getting into the poor evidence he has for all his judgments.

If his arguments were solid, he wouldn't need all this BS that he complains about others using.
What is wrong with essential of the below in prompting them to strive for higher knowledge?
"Suggest those involved reflect more deeply and strive to grow out of their "kindergarten classes" to the higher levels of knowledge."
I could have phrased it more amicably but this is a culmination of the tit-for-tat that had been brewing from the initial insults started long ago by the philosophical realists.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I'm not even picking the milder condescensions on the order of: you need to think more deeply or you are stuck in an evolutionary default And just looking at recents thread starts by you I can find all sorts of opening salvos aimed at anyone who might disagree with you. That is insults that do not add substance.

I know, I know. You'll never admit this.

It's ok. It's hard for some people.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:46 am I'm not even picking the milder condescensions on the order of: you need to think more deeply or you are stuck in an evolutionary default And just looking at recents thread starts by you I can find all sorts of opening salvos aimed at anyone who might disagree with you. That is insults that do not add substance.

I know, I know. You'll never admit this.

It's ok. It's hard for some people.
Your above is very cheap.
What I had asked you to show is a case where I had started the insults in discussion with p realists here since I began posting in PN.
Of course, if you pick anything in the midst of battle there will be fighting at periodic times, but the question is who started the war in the first place?

Btw, in your case, the battle had already started from ILP where I had taken steps to ignore you. I only interacted here because there were some relevant points. You are only good at bitchiness and don't have substance.
Show me one post you have introduced which is of serious philosophical substance?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:54 am You are only good at bitchiness and don't have substance.
Top quality self-control
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I'm skeptical that a person who lies about their own obvious behavior (given in examples) has any belief in objective moral facts.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 pm I'm skeptical that a person who lies about their own obvious behavior (given in examples) has any belief in objective moral facts.
He tends to use that rudeness escape in much the same way that IC uses his fraudulent assertions of ad-hominem.

VA calls people stupid on the regular, but when he couldn't explain how he is better on the subject of Kant than Simon Blackburn is, and when I wasn't letting him quietly drop the claim, he used me calling him stupid as his excuse to ignore me. He's never been much of anything except a hypocrite.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 am
Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:38 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 am
I never said any of that, which is why you couldn't quote me.
Not that you will clarify anyway but what do you now believe you did not say any of, exactly?

Because obviously you did say any, and even all, of that.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 amNot only doesn't Age have anything concrete
Once again I never intended to provide anything concrete, as I have already informed the readers. But you probably missed this as well.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 am and philosophical,
And what does that word even mean to you 'atla", not that you would ever enlighten 'us'.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 am Age is merely resorting to condescending lies, accusations.
And once more this one just alludes to some thing/s, with accusations, but never actually provides any thing, which in one sense could be described and defined as the ultimate form of deception and trying to deceive and fool.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 am Someone who possesses some semblance of human dignity wouldn't stoop so low.
Okay, if you say so.

But the hypocrisy and contradiction here is absolutely blinding. Well to some of 'us' anyway.
Complete failure from Age as usual.
Not that you would ever answer, but a supposed complete failure from me in regards to what, exactly?

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 amYes the hypocrisy and contradiction is absolutely blinding but not on my part, but on the part of the one that pretends to be GOD and places itself above all of us,
Well considering that i have never done any such thing, what this then means is that you are referring to someone else.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 ambut can't even understand the most obvious context or deliberately chooses not to,
In relation to what, exactly? But, obviously, you will never ever back up and support this claim and accusation neither.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 amcan't say anything relevant,
And, what is this meant to be in relevance to, exactly?

But, what again you will prove absolutely True my claim here that you will never clarify here.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 amends up flinging lies and accusations.
Never once have I ever lied here. I have, however, made many upon many accusations here about you "atla", which, thanks mostly to your inaction and/or inabilities, you are proving my accusations absolutely irrefutably True, Right, Accurate, and Correct. Thus keeping this perfectly on track.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 amGOD can't even tie its shoes apparently.
If you say so.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:38 am

Not that you will clarify anyway but what do you now believe you did not say any of, exactly?

Because obviously you did say any, and even all, of that.

Once again I never intended to provide anything concrete, as I have already informed the readers. But you probably missed this as well.

And what does that word even mean to you 'atla", not that you would ever enlighten 'us'.

And once more this one just alludes to some thing/s, with accusations, but never actually provides any thing, which in one sense could be described and defined as the ultimate form of deception and trying to deceive and fool.

Okay, if you say so.

But the hypocrisy and contradiction here is absolutely blinding. Well to some of 'us' anyway.
Not that you would ever answer, but a supposed complete failure from me in regards to what, exactly?

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 amYes the hypocrisy and contradiction is absolutely blinding but not on my part, but on the part of the one that pretends to be GOD and places itself above all of us,
Well considering that i have never done any such thing, what this then means is that you are referring to someone else.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 ambut can't even understand the most obvious context or deliberately chooses not to,
In relation to what, exactly? But, obviously, you will never ever back up and support this claim and accusation neither.

But, what again you will prove absolutely True my claim here that you will never clarify here.
Never once have I ever lied here. I have, however, made many upon many accusations here about you "atla", which, thanks mostly to your inaction and/or inabilities, you are proving my accusations absolutely irrefutably True, Right, Accurate, and Correct. Thus keeping this perfectly on track.
If you say so.
Whatever you say GOD. The "actual truth" is that I've been right about you all along. Not that it's a big achievement or anything.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:25 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 pm

If you say so.
Whatever you say GOD. The "actual truth" is that I've been right about you all along. Not that it's a big achievement or anything.
What 'we' can very clearly see here now is just how much 'this one', literally, lives in 'that head', alone. In other words, 'lives in its own tiny little world'.

Now, and not that 'you' would inform 'us' "atla" but what is 'it', exactly, which 'you' have, supposedly, been right about 'me', all along?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:53 pm What 'we' can very clearly see here now is just how much 'this one', literally, lives in 'that head', alone. In other words, 'lives in its own tiny little world'.

Now, and not that 'you' would inform 'us' "atla" but what is 'it', exactly, which 'you' have, supposedly, been right about 'me', all along?
Age who believes to be GOD but of course it's only in his/her head, and does nothing all day but live in that tiny little world, accuses someone else of doing something similar. It's called "projection", Age.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:53 pm What 'we' can very clearly see here now is just how much 'this one', literally, lives in 'that head', alone. In other words, 'lives in its own tiny little world'.

Age who believes to be GOD
This is obviously absolutely False.

And, once 'you' also fully understand who and what the words "age" and 'God' refer to, exactly, then 'you' will then also be able to see that "age" has never even claimed to be God, let alone ever believed it.

But, until then 'you' will only 'see' what you 'currently' believe is true.

Also, I only believe one thing and it certainly was and still is not 'that' what you said and claimed here.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm but of course it's only in his/her head,
Sometimes you say and insist that I am a 'her', but at other times, like 'now', you do not know what I am.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm and does nothing all day
So, 'you' "atla" are still of the belief that I do absolutely nothing all day long, right?
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm but live in that tiny little world,
In 'what world', exactly, "atla"?

I just showed and proved how that 'accusation' of yours here was completely and utterly False and Wrong.

Again, what you were, and probably still are, presuming and believing to be true is all a total figment of the imagination dwelling within that head and body 'there' "atla".
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm accuses someone else of doing something similar.
The only difference here is I back up and support my accusations with actual proof.

Whereas, you, however, just make more and further False claims, which you never back up nor support.
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm It's called "projection", Age.
Okay, if you say so.

And, some can see who has been projecting what, perfectly, here-now.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:07 pm

And, once 'you' also fully understand who and what the words "age" and 'God' refer to, exactly, then 'you' will then also be able to see that "age" has never even claimed to be God, let alone ever believed it.

Also, I only believe one thing and it certainly was and still is not 'that' what you said and claimed here.
Sometimes you say and insist that I am a 'her', but at other times, like 'now', you do not know what I am.
So, 'you' "atla" are still of the belief that I do absolutely nothing all day long, right?

I just showed and proved how that 'accusation' of yours here was completely and utterly False and Wrong.

Again, what you were, and probably still are, presuming and believing to be true is all a total figment of the imagination dwelling within that head and body 'there' "atla".
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm accuses someone else of doing something similar.
The only difference here is I back up and support my accusations with actual proof.

Whereas, you, however, just make more and further False claims, which you never back up nor support.
Okay, if you say so.

Tell us GOD, have you been able to convince anyone that GOD exists, other than the other personality in Age's head? :)

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 pm

Okay, if you say so.

Tell us GOD, have you been able to convince anyone that GOD exists, other than the other personality in Age's head? :)
But I do not want to 'convince' you nor absolutely anyone else neither of absolutely anything HERE.

What is HERE is for any and all to look at, and see.

Oh, by the way, can you see the hypocrisy and contradiction, here, in you talking to God, Itself, and expecting God to reply to you, 'atla"?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:36 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 pm

Okay, if you say so.

But I do not want to 'convince' you nor absolutely anyone else neither of absolutely anything HERE.

What is HERE is for any and all to look at, and see.

Oh, by the way, can you see the hypocrisy and contradiction, here, in you talking to God, Itself, and expecting God to reply to you, 'atla"?
Did you know that GOD and Age seem to have the same cognitive oddities? Maybe that's why GOD has chosen Age, Age must be really lucky.