One nation is a solution for war

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: One nation is a solution for war

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm All the war is the result of the conflict of interest between nations. One nation and the problem of conflict is resolved. So there will be peace.
No. You might want to consider the phrase "Civil War". One you have absorbed that please look up Revolution, Pogrom and Jihad

A super state would have to oppress and control different interest groups.
It's called an Empire and they always fail.
Tolerance, love, and proper education are things that keep members of a country together despite all differences. We need these if we want to establish one nation.
nemos

Post by nemos »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm A super state would have to oppress and control different interest groups.
I can't even think of a single counterargument.
History has already proven that all rosy dreams shatter when confronted with greed.
With artificially imposed borders, the reasons why these borders were formed cannot be erased, and this will create natural processes aimed at restoring the usual order. Just like a spring, compress it or stretch it, internal tension forces will still try to correct it.
Only total liquidation of dissenters can help, to make "your nation" the only one.
The main thing here is to understand who the dissenters are and who are their own. There are so many of us. A different philosophy, a different faith or understanding of it, ...
Poor Stalin also had to deal with all these problems, who knows what would have happened if he was still alive. But alas, we are all mortal, how shall our designs continue when we are gone?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the party of "inclusivity" screams "e pluribus pluribus"

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:01 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm All the war is the result of the conflict of interest between nations. One nation and the problem of conflict is resolved. So there will be peace.
No. You might want to consider the phrase "Civil War". One you have absorbed that please look up Revolution, Pogrom and Jihad

Tolerance, love, and proper education are things that keep members of a country together despite all differences. We need these if we want to establish one nation.
Good luck with that.
Why not have these qualities and different nations?
You just ignored everything I said.
Are you surprised why no one ever takes you seriously?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm A super state would have to oppress and control different interest groups.
History has already proven that all rosy dreams shatter when confronted with greed.
With artificially imposed borders, the reasons why these borders were formed cannot be erased, and this will create natural processes aimed at restoring the usual order. Just like a spring, compress it or stretch it, internal tension forces will still try to correct it.
Only total liquidation of dissenters can help, to make "your nation" the only one.
The main thing here is to understand who the dissenters are and who are their own. There are so many of us. A different philosophy, a different faith or understanding of it, ...
Poor Stalin also had to deal with all these problems, who knows what would have happened if he was still alive. But alas, we are all mortal, how shall our designs continue when we are gone?
Rome was a "success" for 100s of years, but always had the threat of slavery to keep people in line.
I do think that some people are more or less prone to or devoid of qualities such as co-operation. And the genetic prevalence of psychopathy at around 10%. Business leaders, politicians, CEOs, and Military chiefs predict high for these genes. That is more highly than in the ordinary population.
Cold hearted ruthlessness seems to lead to positions of power - the way society is currently organised.
The solution for a more happy society would be a eugenic program to weed out the psychos, and a more thoroughly democratic economic and political system to prevent evil people gaining power.
But this is a constant project and needs fighting with each generation. Natural democracies where the unity of the masses would have to be more easily able to identify the pedagogic leaders and rabble rousers.

I have no doubt that Trump is the most obvious example of this. Obvious is a totally clowning sense, able to manipulate the mob for his own ends. Biden and the Dems are more subtle and use a more collegiate approach .. But any resemblance to a democracy is mostly in name only.

Post by Age »

nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:41 pm
Age wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:16 am I just asked: 'How many 'few thousand years' do you imagine here "nemos"?

I only asked because I have heard some suggest that the 'chronology of human history' spans between thirty thousand years to three million years, and from what I took from you wrote and claimed was a number which was far less than than two numbers. So, I was, and now still am, curios as to how many actual years do you mean by just a 'few thousand years', and now also, 'Where are you getting your span of only a few thousand years of 'chronology of human history' here from, exactly?
As I tried to deduct the chronology of mankind from the earliest written evidence, all I can show you is this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_documents

I don't even know if it will satisfy you.
What will so-called 'satisfy' me here is when you answered the question, 'How many 'few thousand years' are you talking about and referring to here, "nemos"?

Now, if, when you use the words and term 'chronology of human history', you are only referring to just that tiny and minuscule fraction part of 'human history', which included documents only, then I would have known what you were referring to. But, until this post of yours here you never mentioned anything at all about only 'since the earliest written evidence' of 'human history'.

See, the words 'chronology' and 'of human history' goes back millions of years and not just a few thousand or so years at all.

Post by Age »

But there is absolutely no one, besides you of course, who wants to establish the 'one nation' that you speak of and are referring to here. This is because no one yet knows how 'it' could ever come about. So, until you come up with and provide 'the plan' to creating 'your one nation' idea here, then you are, literally, one your own here.

Post by Age »

Well of course not. Absolutely any idea about the oppressing and/or controlling of others will always fail.

This is an irrefutable given, which is known and could be agreed with and accepted by everyone.

Now, if absolutely anyone even began to try to argue for the oppression and/or controlling of others are the good or right things to do, then the best thing to do would be to question, challenge, and in helping that one to see what is actually good and Right in Life.
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm History has already proven that all rosy dreams shatter when confronted with greed.
This is just another 'given'.
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm With artificially imposed borders, the reasons why these borders were formed cannot be erased, and this will create natural processes aimed at restoring the usual order.
But 'the reasons' why borders were formed actually can be erased, going forward in human thinking. But, obviously, 'the reasons', which caused things to happen, previously, are best left alone and never to be erased.
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm Just like a spring, compress it or stretch it, internal tension forces will still try to correct it.
What is the 'it' word here referring to, exactly?
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm Only total liquidation of dissenters can help, to make "your nation" the only one.
What does 'liquidation of dissenters' even mean?
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm The main thing here is to understand who the dissenters are and who are their own. There are so many of us. A different philosophy, a different faith or understanding of it, ...
But there is absolutely nothing necessarily wrong in dissenting, is there?
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm Poor Stalin also had to deal with all these problems, who knows what would have happened if he was still alive. But alas, we are all mortal, how shall our designs continue when we are gone?

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:13 pm

Good luck with that.
How would you 'separate' the 'one nation' of 'human beings' into different nations, exactly?

Why not have these human being qualities, and abilities, and just 'One nation, on earth', only?
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:13 pm You just ignored everything I said.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:24 pm
Rome was a "success" for 100s of years, but always had the threat of slavery to keep people in line.
I do think that some people are more or less prone to or devoid of qualities such as co-operation.
As in some people are prone, or devoid, of the quality of 'co-operation' of just 'one nation', and thus prefer to just have 'different nations', always?
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:24 pm And the genetic prevalence of psychopathy at around 10%. Business leaders, politicians, CEOs, and Military chiefs predict high for these genes. That is more highly than in the ordinary population.
Oh, so the very reason why some people are so-called "psychopaths" is because that is their 'genetic make-up'. Thank you for informing 'us' of this absolutely irrefutable knowledge here "sculptor".
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:24 pm Cold hearted ruthlessness seems to lead to positions of power - the way society is currently organised.
Why say 'currently'?

Any and all of the different societies/nations, to you, will always be made up of human beings who are 'genetically made' to so-called "lead" and have positions of power, right?
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:24 pm The solution for a more happy society would be a eugenic program to weed out the psychos, and a more thoroughly democratic economic and political system to prevent evil people gaining power.
Which is what all so-called "tyrannical leaders" propose and want also "sculptor". So, 'you' are certainly not on your own here "sculptor". 'you', however, just do not seem strong enough to control nor lead others.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:24 pm But this is a constant project and needs fighting with each generation. Natural democracies where the unity of the masses would have to be more easily able to identify the pedagogic leaders and rabble rousers.

I have no doubt that Trump is the most obvious example of this. Obvious is a totally clowning sense, able to manipulate the mob for his own ends. Biden and the Dems are more subtle and use a more collegiate approach .. But any resemblance to a democracy is mostly in name only.
But no democratic economic nor political system will ever, ever work and be successful. They were, are, always will be just another system that will fail.
nemos

Post by nemos »

Age wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:05 am See, the words 'chronology' and 'of human history' goes back millions of years and not just a few thousand or so years at all.
Can you describe, in a few sentences, your vision of the history of mankind before the development of writing, skipping the last 5 thousand years?

As I see it, the news that anthropology gives us is not about the history of humanity as a social organism, but about the evolution of the human species.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Good luck with that.
Because the resources are not distributed evenly. The wealth also. People's education has different levels, some none some very good. Etc.
I don't thinke so.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:39 am
Good luck with that.
Because the resources are not distributed evenly. The wealth also. People's education has different levels, some none some very good. Etc.
I don't thinke so.
No you would not.
But you might want to consider the other things that cause division.
Not just nationhood, but race, politics, and religion too
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:41 am

Good luck with that.
I don't thinke so.
No you would not.
To accommodate people of difference races, politics, and religions, we need a good level of tolerance as I mentioned before.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:47 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:41 am

I don't thinke so.
No you would not.
To accommodate people of difference races, politics, and religions, we need a good level of tolerance as I mentioned before.
How?
Why should we accommodate any religion?