One nation is a solution for war

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

One nation is a solution for war

Post by bahman »

All the war is the result of the conflict of interest between nations. One nation and the problem of conflict is resolved. So there will be peace.
Iwannaplato

Re: One nation is a solution for war

Post by Iwannaplato »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm All the war is the result of the conflict of interest between nations. One nation and the problem of conflict is resolved. So there will be peace.
or the centralization of power will be convenient for tyranny. And/or. A kind of peace, a kind of war on the citizens.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"or the centralization of power will be convenient for tyranny."

Only if the 'state' continues in its existence as the enforcer and protector of bourgeois property rights, would it be able to tyrannize, as it always has, the working classes of this theoretical 'one nation'.

On the other hand, if bourgeois property rights are dispelled, there would be no more function or necessity for the state as it is traditionally conceived; the anatagonism created between the competing classes (bourgeois and proletariat) would no longer exist... and there would no longer be the requirement of a state apparatus to mediate. Ergo, there are no entities that can be tyrannical.

"If the proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the force of circumstances, to organise itself as a class, if, by means of a revolution, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away by force the old conditions of production, then it will, along with these conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class antagonisms and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its own supremacy as a class." - Commie Bastard Manifesto
bahman

Post by bahman »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:28 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm All the war is the result of the conflict of interest between nations. One nation and the problem of conflict is resolved. So there will be peace.
or the centralization of power will be convenient for tyranny. And/or. A kind of peace, a kind of war on the citizens.
I don't think that the centralization of power will be convenient for a cruel government. Why do you think so?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

how many families in one nation? oh wait, there is war within families

-Imp
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:34 pmOnly if the 'state' continues in its existence as the enforcer and protector of bourgeois property rights, would it be able to tyrannize, as it always has, the working classes of this theoretical 'one nation'.
Why haven't you booked a one-way ticket to Glorious Heavenly North Korea yet then prom?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:56 pm
I don't think that the centralization of power will be convenient for a cruel government. Why do you think so?
Where, or into what, do you think the power is centralized, if not the government, evil or not?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Why haven't you booked a one-way ticket to Glorious Heavenly North Korea yet then prom?"

I know right? Like all real Americans I listen to Glen Beck, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin everyday, so I know that North Korea is a genuine communist country. I should totally go.
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:35 pm
Where, or into what, do you think the power is centralized, if not the government, evil or not?
Well, one nation means one government. I don't understand why it should be evil.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 pm how many families in one nation? oh wait, there is war within families

-Imp
Do you see war within families in civilized nations?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:50 pm
Well, one nation means one government. I don't understand why it should be evil.
It may not be. That's not the point. If power is centralized in a government, evil or not, that government can do things it can't do if power is invested in a number of places or spread around. Centralized power is convenient for a government, evil or not.
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:17 pm

It may not be. That's not the point. If power is centralized in a government, evil or not, that government can do things it can't do if power is invested in a number of places or spread around. Centralized power is convenient for a government, evil or not.
There will be a conflict of interest when the power is distributed in several places!
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:52 pm
Impenitent wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 pm how many families in one nation? oh wait, there is war within families

-Imp
Do you see war within families in civilized nations?
all the time, some are fought more directly

you are dealing with humans

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:10 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:17 pm
There will be a conflict of interest when the power is distributed in several places!
Yes. That too is not the point. But, hell, let's just go with it...

Yes, there will be conflicts of interest if power is dispersed instead of concentrated. You think there'd be no conflicts of interest if power is concentrated? As Imp sez, just above, you are dealing with humans. There's gonna be conflicts of interest no matter what.

Let me ask: what form or kind of government do you think would work best as the government in your one nation/one government solution?

Post by Age »

So, are you here suggesting that the people living together in 'one nation' will never conflict?