Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Gary Childress »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... 2b15&ei=14

Why are the Houthis attacking sea vessels in the Red Sea? Iran, N. Korea, and their allies seem to be trying to destabilize the world. What is wrong with some people in this world? I try to find good in other people but I don't understand how anyone can do things like that. What is the matter with some right now that they find it necessary to seek physical violence and killing? Does anyone know? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason. :?:

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... 2b15&ei=14

Why are the Houthis attacking sea vessels in the Red Sea? Iran, N. Korea, and their allies seem to be trying to destabilize the world.
Have you considered that they do what they do because of countries like "america" and/or "Israel" do what they do?

If yes, then have you considered that what "america" and "israel" do is not wanted by people?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm What is wrong with some people in this world?
Exactly, just look at what some people in "america" and in "israel" do. What is wrong with them?

Now, the actual irrefutable answer to this question, as well as to other questions, can be very easily and very simply found, and fully understood.

But, and very sadly, you human beings only look at, judge, and question "others", and only on the very, very rarest of occasions question "yourselves" and your own wrong behaviors.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm I try to find good in other people
In all other people?

If yes, then are you absolutely sure?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm but I don't understand how anyone can do things like that.
And some people also can not understand how people in "israel", for example, can just take the homes and lands of human beings, and bomb and kill and completely innocent children. But the reason you, and them, do not, yet, understand how and why all of you adult human beings do wrong, is because of your self-centeredness and mostly outward looking perspectives.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm What is the matter with some right now that they find it necessary to seek physical violence and killing?
They have been brought up in a wrong environment. This is why "americans" are still once again now getting involved in wanting physical violence and killing, once more.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm Does anyone know?
Yes.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm I can't for the life of me figure it out.
This is because you are only asking questions while never actually pondering over what the actual answers could be. And, this is because you are only looking at and judging "others" here, while never actually questioning, and asking, why you, "yourself", do wrong and bad things.

See, you people have been brought up to only look at "others" and not look at "yourselves" as doing wrong nor being bad.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds.
See how, back then, to these people it was always 'them' who are bad and do wrong, and it was never 'them' who were bad or did wrong.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason. :?:
Really?

Are you able to provide just one so-called 'good reason' for the bad, wrong, or evil, things that ALL of you adult human beings do to each other, and worse still to children?

Also, and by the way, there is no expectation that you, human beings, had even evolved to the 'sane stage' yet, in the days when this is being written.

After all one just has to view the 'nightly news' to see that you had not, yet.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Are you trying to send me to the hospital again, Age? Go pick an argument with a normal person and leave those of us with mental illness alone.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 am Are you trying to send me to the hospital again, Age?
How many times have I sent you to hospital "gary childress"?

And, are you trying to not elaborate on your position here again, "gary childress"?

Also, are you trying to not prepared to back up and support what you say and claim here once again, "gary childress"?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 am Go pick an argument with a normal person and leave those of us with mental illness alone.
But I have never picked an argument with absolutely any one here, which includes all of you who claim to be 'normal' or with a 'mental illness'.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

What Age doesn't understand, despite his sense of himself, is that this....
See, you people have been brought up to only look at "others" and not look at "yourselves" as doing wrong nor being bad.
is a false generalization.
It is as if he is unaware that many people endured childhoods where they were 'taught' to blame themselves for everything or most things and often things that the adults around them were responsible for.
He can't manage to consider that aiming this universalization at specific individuals, perhaps Gary, here, is actually cruel.
This is the problem with people who think they are God or the direct messengers of God.
They can be toxic AND so certain of their own lack of responsibility and infallibility that their toxicity is only worse.
Age often hurls his anger at adults at the time of this writing. One can only assume that Ken had a horrible childhood. And certainly adults are a problem. But then he joins the adults here in this thread by aiming a naive generalization at GC.
One wonders if he manages to ask himself questions and consider his role in the problems we all face.
Ken, with a horrible or at least partly horrible childhood...that's someone one can feel empathy for. Age, this persona, this mask, that's another story.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 am Are you trying to send me to the hospital again, Age? Go pick an argument with a normal person and leave those of us with mental illness alone.
Don't inflict him on 'normal' people. I imagine he has driven a lot of people to complete mental breakdowns and psychiatric wards and quite possibly suicide. He reminds me of the Clouseau character in the Pink Panther film (without the funny factor) where he drove Herbert Lom insane, with the Lom character ending up in a padded cell in a straight jacket.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am What Age doesn't understand, despite his sense of himself, is that this....
is a false generalization.
Tell 'us' why exactly what I said and claim here is false.

I KNOW it is false.

I just want to see if you can pinpoint why, exactly.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am It is as if he is unaware that many people endured childhoods where they were 'taught' to blame themselves for everything or most things and often things that the adults around them were responsible for.
Is a false claim.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am He can't manage to consider that aiming this universalization at specific individuals, perhaps Gary, here, is actually cruel.
If this were actually true, then inform the readers here why, exactly.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am This is the problem with people who think they are God or the direct messengers of God.
you appear to have some very specific definition for the word 'problem', will you share this definition with 'us' here?

Also, if you know aiming so-called 'universalizations' at specific individuals is actually cruel and is a so-called 'problem', then you could also inform 'us' of who and what those 'specific individuals' are exactly, right?

If yes, then will you?

If no, then why not? What do you have to fear or worry about here?
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am They can be toxic AND so certain of their own lack of responsibility and infallibility that their toxicity is only worse.
And here is a generalization, which this one believes could never be false, correct "iwannaplato"?

But instead of having the courage to answer, clarify, and discuss here, this one will show and prove, once again, that it will run away and hide.

This one loves to talk about people, but does not like to stay and back up and support its generalized claims.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am Age often hurls his anger at adults at the time of this writing.
And this one continued to make absolutely False generalizations and/or False claims, back when it was existing.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am One can only assume that Ken had a horrible childhood.
One can do far more than 'only assume', but this one assumes and/or believes that one can 'only assume' 'this' here.

And this is because this one presumes that because it can 'only assume' something here, then any one else can 'only assume' the exact same thing. Which is a prime example of:

1. Confirmation bias.

2. Another false generalization.

Which, as some will have already noticed and seen, is a very hypocritical thing to do, considering this ones first sentence in its post here.

Or, do you believe that you have not made a false generalization in your post here "iwannaplato"?
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am And certainly adults are a problem.
1. you adults are certainly not a 'problem'. (But, then again, I do use a very different definition of the 'problem' word than you must do.)

2. you adults, however, do cause and create a great deal of problems and issues.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am But then he joins the adults here in this thread by aiming a naive generalization at GC.
This is way off the mark.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am One wonders if he manages to ask himself questions and consider his role in the problems we all face.
What so-called 'problems' do all of you supposedly face?
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am Ken, with a horrible or at least partly horrible childhood...that's someone one can feel empathy for. Age, this persona, this mask, that's another story.
Why has only so-called "ken", supposedly, had some horrible or at least partly horrible childhood, to you, but not "age"?

How are you separating the two, exactly?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:20 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 am Are you trying to send me to the hospital again, Age? Go pick an argument with a normal person and leave those of us with mental illness alone.
Don't inflict him on 'normal' people. I imagine he has driven a lot of people to complete mental breakdowns and psychiatric wards and quite possibly suicide. He reminds me of the Clouseau character in the Pink Panther film (without the funny factor) where he drove Herbert Lom insane, with the Lom character ending up in a padded cell in a straight jacket.
I wonder if these people, back then, ever really wondered how many threads they had actually turned into talking about 'me'.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... 2b15&ei=14

Why are the Houthis attacking sea vessels in the Red Sea? Iran, N. Korea, and their allies seem to be trying to destabilize the world. What is wrong with some people in this world? I try to find good in other people but I don't understand how anyone can do things like that. What is the matter with some right now that they find it necessary to seek physical violence and killing? Does anyone know? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason. :?:
When we define "good" as "being able to live in peace while sustaining the planet and the biosphere", about 80-85% of humans are evil. That's why.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason."

On the contrary, it could be argued that such people are perfectly sane. By that i mean not acting abnormally given the fucked up circumstances. See, people are naturally drawn to the intoxicating feeling of power and exhilaration that fighting and violence provides, and they rarely need any further reason or justification. Take any IDF, Arabic, Ukrainian or Russian soldier active right now, give him five minutes with me, and I'll show u (and him) how he hasn't a clue what's going on and instead just wants to shoot at shit.

The reason why this kind of behavior isn't 'insane' is becuz it's a natural response to the conditions and circumstances that religion and capitalism creates. In other words, if there wasn't any fighting over superstitious nonsense, territory, resources, wealth, and national sovereignty, then u would say 'holy shit something's wrong! These people should be trying to destroy each other.'

So it's a natural human behavior that is improperly channeled and further augmented by the circumstances created by religion and capitalism. Instead, this energy could be directed at being competitive in creative in productive ways, and these soldiers would get just as much exhilaration and satisfaction without shooting at shit.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm "It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason."

On the contrary, it could be argued that such people are perfectly sane. By that i mean not acting abnormally given the fucked up circumstances. See, people are naturally drawn to the intoxicating feeling of power and exhilaration that fighting and violence provides, and they rarely need any further reason or justification. Take any IDF, Arabic, Ukrainian or Russian soldier active right now, give him five minutes with me, and I'll show u (and him) how he hasn't a clue what's going on and instead just wants to shoot at shit.

The reason why this kind of behavior isn't 'insane' is becuz it's a natural response to the conditions and circumstances that religion and capitalism creates. In other words, if there wasn't any fighting over superstitious nonsense, territory, resources, wealth, and national sovereignty, then u would say 'holy shit something's wrong! These people should be trying to destroy each other.'

So it's a natural human behavior that is improperly channeled and further augmented by the circumstances created by religion and capitalism. Instead, this energy could be directed at being competitive in creative in productive ways, and these soldiers would get just as much exhilaration and satisfaction without shooting at shit.
Some soldiers everywhere just want to get home alive and are willing to shoot in order to do that.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm "It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason."

On the contrary, it could be argued that such people are perfectly sane. By that i mean not acting abnormally given the fucked up circumstances. See, people are naturally drawn to the intoxicating feeling of power and exhilaration that fighting and violence provides, and they rarely need any further reason or justification.
This belief here, which really did exist in some people back in the days when this was being written, that people are 'naturally' drawn to the intoxicating feeling of power and exhilaration, which fighting and violence provides that, coincidentally, was a far more common belief in peoples from some very particular countries, was a huge reason why the violence, fighting, and killing of adult human beings, and even the children, was a far too common experience.

Obviously fighting and violence was never a 'naturally' intoxicating feeling at all, but rather a 'learned' feeling instead. But because of the way that this feeling was learned, or obtained, through a very unconsciously aware manipulative process a lot of these people back then did not notice and recognize what had and was actually taking place and occurring to them and to others.

As this one has just proven very nicely for us here.
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm Take any IDF, Arabic, Ukrainian or Russian soldier active right now, give him five minutes with me, and I'll show u (and him) how he hasn't a clue what's going on and instead just wants to shoot at shit.
But a great number of you adult human beings, when this is being written, have not a clue as to what is going on. Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75", the one who still blames children for you masturbating in front of them, knows what is going on here while believing others do not?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm The reason why this kind of behavior isn't 'insane' is becuz it's a natural response to the conditions and circumstances that religion and capitalism creates.
Could the believing that to misbehave the way mentioned above is just 'natural' have been 'conditioned learning' itself "promethean75"?

In other words could the Truth actually be that it is not a 'natural' behavior to want to fight and kill each other at all, but was just a 'learned behavior', which came from the passing down of hatred of "others", through as you rightly pointed out things like different religions, and even capitalism itself?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm In other words, if there wasn't any fighting over superstitious nonsense, territory, resources, wealth, and national sovereignty, then u would say 'holy shit something's wrong! These people should be trying to destroy each other.'
Here is a prime example of belief, and thus confirmation biases, at work.

For example when I see families having fun, laughing, and enjoying each other's company together, will I for one, certainly do not wonder, nor would ever say, 'Something is wrong here, these people should be trying to destroy each other'. Although you obviously do, and would, right "promethean75"?

Now, why do you wonder why you would say such a thing and I would not?

Would you like to suggest that it is I who is 'not being natural' or who is an 'unnatural being'?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm So it's a natural human behavior that is improperly channeled and further augmented by the circumstances created by religion and capitalism.
This here is a prime example of just how Truly twisted and distorted these adult human beings had become, back when this was being written.

Some actually believed, absolutely, that violence and wanting to fight and/or kill each other was the 'natural way of being' for the human being.

Which, obviously, could not be more absurd and more Wrong.

Although, and admitting, it Truly did appear the opposite while observing quite a lot of adult human interaction, back in the days when this was being written.
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm Instead, this energy could be directed at being competitive in creative in productive ways, and these soldiers would get just as much exhilaration and satisfaction without shooting at shit.
Here is another prime example of when, and how often, these adult people, back then, actually did believe that there was some competition to be fought for, in Life.

Also, the very purpose of 'soldiers', in the days this is being written, is mostly to KILL the perceived 'enemy'. So, the energy in fighting and killing 'the enemy' is being 'productive' "promethean75".

Furthermore, you cannot have it both ways, that is; claim that violence and fighting is a 'natural' 'intoxicating feeling' but then say 'this energy' could be directed at things that are not violence and fighting, as though doing so would be some 'natural' thing to do.

If you really LOVE violence and fighting, as you purported you do, and that it is 'natural' and that you are drawn to this, then why would you want to, naturally, change this?

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm

Some soldiers everywhere just want to get home alive and are willing to shoot in order to do that.
But when the "soldiers" got home, and they were not being violent and fighting, then "promethean75" would say, 'holy shit something's wrong! These people should be trying to destroy each other.'
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:23 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm

But when the "soldiers" got home, and they were not being violent and fighting, then "promethean75" would say, 'holy shit something's wrong! These people should be trying to destroy each other.'
I agree.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75", the one who still blames children for you masturbating in front of them"

Ah jeez, i hate it when this happens. Some random retard at a forum a) akses me to explain my charges, b) doesn't pay attention and/or is too stupid to understand what i say, and then later c) brings it up again in the inaccurate and distorted form his pancake batter brain has made of it.

This has very literally happened to me like six or seven times at different forums.

Then i gotta aks myself if i should defend myself and explain the whole thing again. Finally i decide not to bother becuz what does it matter if a bunch of invalids hate me for the wrong reasons. Frankly i kinda like it... it's become big part of my philosophy of life ya know.