Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:55 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:20 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:13 am
Again the ultimate hipocrisy of Age / God, she condemns some people for having certain beliefs, while doing nothing but preach the "actual truth" certain beliefs. You are the essence of the problem.
Is it really that hard for you to just provide one example of your many, many beliefs, which you know, for sure, may not well be true nor right at all?

When have I ever so-called 'condemned' any one here?

Also, when have I ever so-called 'preached' the 'actual truth'?

But obviously because of your very severe inability and disability here not one shred of clarity will be provided by you. As you will, once again, prove absolutely True here.
Denial, total amnesia, lies. This God has not yet reached the maturity of the average 10-year-old human, and never will.
Exactly as I predicted above here:
But obviously because of your very severe inability and disability here not one shred of clarity will be provided by you. As you will, once again, prove absolutely True here.

And some people claimed that 'I' could know what will happen in 'the future', to them.

Also, what can be clearly seen here is that this one here known as "atla" believes that it knows what will happen forever more, in the future. Which, considering that "atla" who was one of the people who made the claim in the previous sentence, then hypocrisy and absurdity here by that one continues.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:09 pm

Is it really that hard for you to just provide one example of your many, many beliefs, which you know, for sure, may not well be true nor right at all?

Denial, total amnesia, lies. This God has not yet reached the maturity of the average 10-year-old human, and never will.
Age can be beyond annoying in the way he replies to our posts--endlessly asking for "clarifying questions", but I'm starting to believe there's more to him than some of us have given him credit for. I'm curious about him now.
No there isn't really more to her. Age / God is indeed hiding a pretty big theory about life, but has already half-deliberately forgotten that I already explored at least half of it with her, and it's just some banal shit that she couldn't prove a single word of as expected. Just some self-serving irrational God-being fantasy that a child could come up with. So all she's left with are lies.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:29 pm

And some people claimed that 'I' could know what will happen in 'the future', to them.

Also, what can be clearly seen here is that this one here known as "atla" believes that it knows what will happen forever more, in the future. Which, considering that "atla" who was one of the people who made the claim in the previous sentence, then hypocrisy and absurdity here by that one continues.
Hey, Age. Clarifying question: do you believe that God (a sentient being responsible for the creation of the universe/all that exists) exists?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:05 am

Hey, Age. Clarifying question: do you believe that God (a sentient being responsible for the creation of the universe/all that exists) exists?
1. Once again, I neither believe nor disbelieve anything, like this.

2. There is no implication anywhere that a 'sentient being' is responsible for the creation of the Universe, all-there-is, nor all-that-exists.

To me, the word 'God' is sensed in two ways:

1. In the visible sense, which is just all physical matter. And, it is this, Itself, which is responsible for the, ever-continual, creation of the Universe.

2. In the invisible sense, which is just the, Truly OPEN, Mind. And, it is this, Itself, which is responsible for the, continual, creation of all human being made creations.

Now, to me, both these things exist, undoubtedly. So, therefore, God, in this sense, exists.

By the way, thank you very much for the Truly OPEN clarifying question here, they are always very welcomed, and also very refreshing.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:25 am

2. There is no implication anywhere that a 'sentient being' is responsible for the creation of the Universe, all-there-is, nor all-that-exists.

1. In the visible sense, which is just all physical matter. And, it is this, Itself, which is responsible for the, ever-continual, creation of the Universe.

2. In the invisible sense, which is just the, Truly OPEN, Mind. And, it is this, Itself, which is responsible for the, continual, creation of all human being made creations.

Now, to me, both these things exist, undoubtedly. So, therefore, God, in this sense, exists.
Well, we might have an agreement on #1 and #2 of the first set.

#1 and #2 of the second set, to me, are interesting. I mean, there is certainly a physical universe and there are relatively open minds and relatively prejudiced ones, I'm not sure how that ties in with the word "God". Can you clarify a little more how you relate those things to the word "God"?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:39 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:09 pm
Age can be beyond annoying in the way he replies to our posts--endlessly asking for "clarifying questions", but I'm starting to believe there's more to him than some of us have given him credit for. I'm curious about him now.
No there isn't really more to her. Age / God is indeed hiding a pretty big theory about life, but has already half-deliberately forgotten that I already explored at least half of it with her,
Out of curiosity, how could you know if you had already explored 'at least half' of what you also claim is being, indeed, 'hidden'?

Also, "atla" you have not even really begun to explore at all.
Atla wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:39 am and it's just some banal shit that she couldn't prove a single word of as expected.
In fact 'it' is so so-called 'banal shit' that "atla", as it will prove irrefutably true, could not even clarify what one part of it is, exactly.
Atla wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:39 am Just some self-serving irrational God-being fantasy that a child could come up with. So all she's left with are lies.
Yes it is 'this one' who will not provide any examples of when nor where I have actually lied. As for the rest this is what belief can lead one to imagine is true.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Re: OP & subject title.

Does your inquiry pertain to the nature of humane-ness, or does it refer to the totality of human beings? An answer without a question would be appreciated.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:39 am Re: OP & subject title.

Does your inquiry pertain to the nature of humane-ness, or does it refer to the totality of human beings? An answer without a question would be appreciated.
When I say putting faith in humanity, I mean do we humans inherently seek good or do we seek malicious ends? I'm sure people differ as individuals but overall, do people as members of larger groups generally lean toward good or do we lean toward malicious ends? In other words, for me, to put faith in humanity is to assume that human beings are inherently good and will make it through all the trials and tribulations that beset us as a species.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:35 am

#1 and #2 of the second set, to me, are interesting. I mean, there is certainly a physical universe and there are relatively open minds and relatively prejudiced ones,
To me there are no 'minds'. There is, however, one and only One Mind, which is always absolutely, or Truly, OPEN. Which, by the way, all human beings have access to, and which is what has allowed human beings, ever since evolving-into-creation, to be able to keep imagining, inventing, designing, building, and creating. After all absolutely every thing was, and will be, be-came because of 'an open mind', that is; the one and ONLY OPEN Mind.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:35 am I'm not sure how that ties in with the word "God".
Minds, with an 's', does not tie in at all with the word 'God', at all. And, as for so-called 'prejudiced minds', will this obviously speaks for not tying in with the word God.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:35 am Can you clarify a little more how you relate those things to the word "God"?
The Universe is in 'creation', always. It was never just 'created', at one time nor moment. The Universe is always 'in creation', or in other words 'creating' Itself, or Its own Self, is what the word God refers to 'in the Creation' story. The Universe is Itself God, which did not create Everything, in one moment in 'the past', relative to you and when this is being written, but is Creating the Universe, eternally-always NOW.

The, 'In the beginning' ,words have always been referencing the eternal HERE-NOW, because what happens NOW is 'the beginning', of all that is, about, to-come.

Now, how ALL 'things' are imagined and/or envisioned is through the OPEN Mind, which is able to transcend through ALL things. Just like how God is said to be able to do. Also, through the OPEN Mind, God, all human being made things were able to, and were, Created.
Last edited by Age on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:54 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:35 am

#1 and #2 of the second set, to me, are interesting. I mean, there is certainly a physical universe and there are relatively open minds and relatively prejudiced ones,
To me there are no 'minds'. There is, however, one and only One Mind, which is always absolutely, or Truly, OPEN. Which, by the way, all human beings have access to, and which is what has allowed human beings, ever since evolving-into-creation, to be able to keep imagining, inventing, designing, building, and creating. After all absolutely every thing was, and will be, be-came because of 'an open mind', that is; the one and ONLY OPEN Mind.
Atla wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:39 am I'm not sure how that ties in with the word "God".
Minds, with an 's', does not tie in at all with the word 'God', at all. And, as for so-called 'prejudiced minds', will this obviously speaks for not tying in with the word God.
Atla wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:39 am Can you clarify a little more how you relate those things to the word "God"?
The Universe is in 'creation', always. It was never just 'created', at one time nor moment. The Universe is always 'in creation', or in other words 'creating' Itself, or Its own Self, is what the word God refers to 'in the Creation' story. The Universe is Itself God, which did not create Everything, in one moment in 'the past', relative to you and when this is being written, but is Creating the Universe, eternally-always NOW.

The, 'In the beginning' ,words have always been referencing the eternal HERE-NOW, because what happens NOW is 'the beginning', of all that is, about, to-come.

Now, how ALL 'things' are imagined and/or envisioned is through the OPEN Mind, which is able to transcend through ALL things. Just like how God is said to be able to do. Also, through the OPEN Mind, God, all human being made things were able to, and were, Created.
First off: Age, would you correct your quotations and be a little more careful with them? Those are quotes from me, not Atla. You seem to do that quite a bit. Are you having difficulty with the mechanics of posting on this forum?

Regarding an "open mind". That seems very laudable of you if you have a mind like that. I can't say my mind is particularly "open". I mean there are some things I'm not "open" to.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am When I say putting faith in humanity, I mean do we humans inherently seek good or do we seek malicious ends?
Humans seek pleasure and avoid pain, whether or not either is found. Not all humans define pleasure and pain the same way, but the principle applies. If one seeks pleasure and experiences pain, it's time to pause ... if one seeks pain, there's a cornucopia from which to select, many of which are caused by ignorance if humans have a say in it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:49 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am When I say putting faith in humanity, I mean do we humans inherently seek good or do we seek malicious ends?
Humans seek pleasure and avoid pain, whether or not either is found. Not all humans define pleasure and pain the same way, but the principle applies. If one seeks pleasure and experiences pain, it's time to pause ... if one seeks pain, there's a cornucopia from which to select, many of which are caused by ignorance if humans have a say in it.
I think you are talking about yourself again.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 am it will prove irrefutably true
Humans prefer results over empty promises, God.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:01 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:49 pm
I think you are talking about yourself again.
Based on the fact that twinkies no longer cause pleasure, phenomena are neither blessings nor curses.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am
Walker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:39 am Re: OP & subject title.

When I say putting faith in humanity, I mean do we humans inherently seek good or do we seek malicious ends?
Good. And Right.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am I'm sure people differ as individuals but overall, do people as members of larger groups generally lean toward good or do we lean toward malicious ends?
If it was the latter, then human beings would not have survived, still be existing.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am In other words, for me, to put faith in humanity is to assume that human beings are inherently good and will make it through all the trials and tribulations that beset us as a species.
But why assume what appears to be very obvious?

For example, besides maybe a handful of adult human beings, at a given time in the days when this is being written, would not feed a young child at the dinner table, no matter who that child is nor has come from. And, that handful of adult human beings would only allow that child to die of starvation solely because of having having very abusive experiences in childhood, or a severe mental condition from some other cause.

A very natural tendency of the human being is to care for and protect its young.

And, by the way, what separates human beings from all other animals is their ability to learn, understand, and reason any and all things. Which essentially means that human beings can (and will) learn, understand, and reason how to create a Truly loving, peaceful, and harmonious world so that all children, forevermore, can feel protected while living in peace and in harmony together with all human beings.

Also, just out of curiosity, why did you ask "walker" two questions when "walker" specifically mentioned, 'An answer without a question would be appreciated'?