General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Merry Christmas, Forum!

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:49 pm
Age wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:45 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:39 pm

atto out.
Well 'this' just about PROVES, ABSOLUTELY, that "attofishpi" IS COMPLETELY and UTTERLY INCAPABLE of JUST ANSWERING the QUESTION:

'What do 'you' ACTUALLY MEAN, or ARE REFERRING TO, EXACTLY, when 'you' SAY or WRITE 'merry christmas'?
Oh! I am so sorry Age, you really needed to CLARIFY what you wanted from my mediocre brain.

When ANYONE writes "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to you...it means..."MARY CHRISTMAS"
So, if 'this' is what 'it' MEANS TO 'you' "attofishpi", then, when 'you' SAY, 'MARY CHRISTMAS', TO someone, what are 'you' ACTUALLY MEANING?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:02 pm And a happy New Year, too.
Do 'you' SAY and MEAN 'this' TO and FOR EVERY one, or just TO and FOR SOME, ONLY?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

if in the presence of many people a greeting is issued without being directed toward a particular person within the group, it is generally assumed that the entire group shall be the recipient of the greeting.
Walker

Post by Walker »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:52 pm
Immanuel Cant wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:02 pm And a happy New Year, too.
Indeed, pick one:

1] Henry accepts Jesus Christ as his personal savior, Jesus Christ returns to Earth and Donald Trump is reelected as president
2] Donald Trump is reelected as president, Jesus Christ returns to Earth and henry accepts Jesus Christ as his personal savior

Just for the record, if Jesus Christ does return and campaigns for Donald Trump, I will too.

Come on, admit it, what wouldn't you do with immortality and salvation itself on the line?
I wouldn't vote for Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris, or Biden, because none of them or Trump can deliver immortality and salvation, although the politicians promise salvation. Trump could stop the country's bleeding until like Biden, the next Democrat in office makes it their mission to bleed the country, to the delight of America haters both foreign and domestic who encourage that plan.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Merry Christmas to everyone.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:02 pm And a happy New Year, too.
👍
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:27 pm Merry Christmas to everyone.
👍
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

when I was a kid I would carefully cut the tape on my presents so I could unwrap them and see what I was gettin. then I'd re-tape em. I did this as soon as I got a window after they were put under the tree. when the old man or my moms was at work.

then on Christmas I had to act all surprised when I unwrapped everything. omg castle greyskull!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i wuzzint one of those kids that played with toys beyond the appropriate age. but even during the toy stage of my youth, the old man would never, ever, buy me toys for christimas. he'd always buy me hunting gear, clothes, tools and electronics. I'm eight years old and I get a fucking shotgun and a deerstand for Christmas instead of transformers. this one time when I'm cuttin the tape on the presents (see above) i find this box with a goddamn steering wheel in it. I'm like wtf am i gonna do with this? then i think wait a minute. this is a go-cart steering wheel. what is this guy gonna do, give me part of a go-cart every Christmas? fuck man at this rate i won't get the whole thing until I'm twenty-five years old.

so i open the box on christmas day, act all excited: awesome! a........ go-cart steering wheel!

then he leads me outside to the truck. a brand new candy apple red go-cart with a five horsepower Briggs and Stratton in the back, baby. aw yeah.

three months later i jump it off a ramp and crack the fuckin engine open when i land. never drove it again.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

this year i didn't do anything but drive around looking for somewhere open to eat.

not a single 'merry christmas!' passed through my lips. no trees or nativity scenes of something that probably never happened. no turtle neck sweaters. no eggnog. i gave no presents and got nuthin from nobody... becuz i got nobody.

i am

utterly

alone.

i walk the street at night and pass a brightly lit house. through the window i see a family gathering around the dinner table. i can hear them laughing. the joyful banter of holiday cheer. after a brief prayer, they begin to pass the food around. sausage cheese balls. i love sausage cheese balls. i sit down on the curb and pretend to be with them. i can taste the greenbean casserole. it's delicious. i smile and crack a joke to uncle dave; hey dave, take it easy on the turkey, big guy. u know what they say... u are what u eat'. he lightly punches me in the arm as everyone laughs at my lame joke. sinatra's christmas is playing now. what a great song i think as i gaze up at the stars in the winter sky. that one there! look dave, that's the star that led the wisemen to the manger. yeah, he says. it sure is, prom. it sure is.

then, out of nowhere, a car zooms by and hits a pot hole in front of me. a giant wave of mud water smashes me right in the face. well how do u like that. guess i better be gettin home now. 'goodbye everyone' i whisper, wiping the mud water from my face ... 'and merry Christmas'.
bahman

Post by bahman »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:55 pm this year i didn't do anything but drive around looking for somewhere open to eat.

not a single 'merry christmas!' passed through my lips. no trees or nativity scenes of something that probably never happened. no turtle neck sweaters. no eggnog. i gave no presents and got nuthin from nobody... becuz i got nobody.

i am

utterly

alone.

i walk the street at night and pass a brightly lit house. through the window i see a family gathering around the dinner table. i can hear them laughing. the joyful banter of holiday cheer. after a brief prayer, they begin to pass the food around. sausage cheese balls. i love sausage cheese balls. i sit down on the curb and pretend to be with them. i can taste the greenbean casserole. it's delicious. i smile and crack a joke to uncle dave; hey dave, take it easy on the turkey, big guy. u know what they say... u are what u eat'. he lightly punches me in the arm as everyone laughs at my lame joke. sinatra's christmas is playing now. what a great song i think as i gaze up at the stars in the winter sky. that one there! look dave, that's the star that led the wisemen to the manger. yeah, he says. it sure is, prom. it sure is.

then, out of nowhere, a car zooms by and hits a pot hole in front of me. a giant wave of mud water smashes me right in the face. well how do u like that. guess i better be gettin home now. 'goodbye everyone' i whisper, wiping the mud water from my face ... 'and merry Christmas'.
OHH, poor boy.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:55 pm this year i didn't do anything but drive around looking for somewhere open to eat.

i am

utterly

alone.
WHY could 'this' be 'you' think, "promethean75"?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:55 pm i walk the street at night and pass a brightly lit house. through the window i see a family gathering around the dinner table. i can hear them laughing. the joyful banter of holiday cheer. after a brief prayer, they begin to pass the food around. sausage cheese balls. i love sausage cheese balls. i sit down on the curb and pretend to be with them. i can taste the greenbean casserole. it's delicious. i smile and crack a joke to uncle dave; hey dave, take it easy on the turkey, big guy. u know what they say... u are what u eat'. he lightly punches me in the arm as everyone laughs at my lame joke. sinatra's christmas is playing now. what a great song i think as i gaze up at the stars in the winter sky. that one there! look dave, that's the star that led the wisemen to the manger. yeah, he says. it sure is, prom. it sure is.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"WHY could 'this' be 'you' think, "promethean75"?"

Becuz I'm an emotionally unavailable narcissist with a raging case of ASPD who rejects everyone before they can reject me?