A Christmas Story

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexiev

A Christmas Story

Post by Alexiev »

This is one of mhy favorite Christmas stories, by none less than Feoder Dostoevsky. I like the authorial asides at the beginning and end. It takes only five minutes to read: highly recommended:

https://orthochristian.com/58527.html
Harbal

Re: A Christmas Story

Post by Harbal »

Alexiev wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:22 pm It takes only five minutes to read: highly recommended:
I think it was very considerate of you not to post a story that you don't recommend, thank you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

And the hilarious thing about this Christmas story is that it isn’t even Christmas… rather Christmas is just a fictional thought up idea like the story of Santa Claus or the story of Dumbo the Elephant, or even Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.

People just THINK that it’s Christmas because they were led to believe that some story told to them when they were only knee high to a grasshopper was actually real. And so it’s stuck like glue ever since. It’s like the tarbaby effect.
Alexiev

Post by Alexiev »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:24 pm And the hilarious thing about this Christmas story is that it isn’t even Christmas… rather Christmas is just a fictional thought up idea like the story of Santa Claus or the story of Dumbo the Elephant, or even Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.

People just THINK that it’s Christmas because they were led to believe that some story told to them when they were only knee high to a grasshopper was actually real. And so it’s stuck like glue ever since. It’s like the tarbaby effect.
What are you going on about? The story is the important thing, not the reality. Or perhaps you don't like stories.

I like stories about Santa Claus and Snow White, too.

Many stories are meant to remind us of the wonder with which we saw the world when we were "knee high to a grasshopper". "Reality" (back then) included our imaginations. Why wouldn't it? How far have the mighty fallen?

The egotism of those who think they and only they have access to "reality" confounds me.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Alexiev wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:24 pm And the hilarious thing about this Christmas story is that it isn’t even Christmas… rather Christmas is just a fictional thought up idea like the story of Santa Claus or the story of Dumbo the Elephant, or even Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.

What are you going on about? The story is the important thing, not the reality. Or perhaps you don't like stories.

Many stories are meant to remind us of the wonder with which we saw the world when we were "knee high to a grasshopper". "Reality" (back then) included our imaginations. Why wouldn't it? How far have the mighty fallen?

The egotism of those who think they and only they have access to "reality" confounds me.
Best ignore her mate, there are a few really dumb arse and extremely miserable atheists on the forum - she's the leader of the pack.

I'll have a read of the link at some point. How can anyone dislike Christmas!! It's so lovely, even the Chinese and other non-religious peoples are taking it up..
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

And what’s even funnier is that there never was such a thing as an adult.
Adults are simply children believing they are adults.
No one started life as an adult.
So we’re all just imagining to be big babies in a kind of baby love sort of way.
Yeah baby yeah.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:24 am

Best ignore her mate, there are a few really dumb arse and extremely miserable atheists on the forum - she's the leader of the pack.

I'll have a read of the link at some point. How can anyone dislike Christmas!! It's so lovely, even the Chinese and other non-religious peoples are taking it up..
You’re a confused baby.
You know you love me really, or have you forgotten about that PM you sent me one Christmas a few years back to say you loved me. But maybe you were just pissed out of your head again and sent it to the wrong person. It’s fine I forgive you, we all experience those awkward convenient memory relapse moments.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:40 am

You’re a confused baby.
You know you love me really, or have you forgotten about that PM you sent me one Christmas a few years back to say you loved me. But maybe you were just pissed out of your head again and sent it to the wrong person. It’s fine I forgive you, we all experience those awkward convenient memory relapse moments.
Of course I remember, and of course I still love ya...doesn't mean I don't think you post crap! :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:45 am

You’re a confused baby.
Of course I remember, and of course I still love ya...doesn't mean I don't think you post crap! :wink:
Well as I recall you did say in the PM, that I was a total wack job. So I agree, each of us can only shit out the 'jobby' shape that is unique to each individual crapper.

My shitshapes, according to U there, just happened to be shaped like a wacko 'jobby' :wink: So just to let you know, this U here has archived Y(our) PM as treasured keepsake to serve as a gentle reminder that only Love persists, no matter what, and that's all that matters, and everything that appears to come out of the crap-trap is an illusion. :D :wink: But hey, we can still pretend Y(our) clap-trap 'THOUGHTS' are real eh? 8)
It does seems as though LOVE has multiple ways of expressing itself as and through the clap-trap. Proper little ShitsShaper is this unconditional love thingy. S/he certainly means business, that's for sure, and we all mind Y(our) own business when it comes to crapping in full public view. :mrgreen:

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:45 am

You’re a confused baby.
Well as I recall you did say in the PM, that I was a total wack job. So I agree, each of us can only shit out the 'jobby' shape that is unique to each individual crapper.

My shitshapes, according to U there, just happened to be shaped like a wacko 'jobby' :wink: So just to let you know, this U here has archived Y(our) PM as treasured keepsake to serve as a gentle reminder that only Love persists, no matter what, and that's all that matters, and everything that appears to come out of the crap-trap is an illusion. :D :wink: But hey, we can still pretend Y(our) clap-trap 'THOUGHTS' are real eh? 8)
It does seems as though LOVE has multiple ways of expressing itself as and through the clap-trap. Proper little ShitsShaper is this unconditional love thingy. S/he certainly means business, that's for sure, and we all mind Y(our) own business when it comes to crapping in full public view. :mrgreen:
Well, if you start crapping cubes try and find an Australian vet. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:09 am
Well, if you start crapping cubes try and find an Australian vet. :wink:
Well according to Wombats, it's perfectly normal to shit out cube shaped poo. So I think you ought to check out Y(our) own human understanding of why the unitary action of shitting out different shitshapes is a perfectly normal activity for all Sh(APE)shifting & Sh(APE)shitting species. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Alexiev wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:22 pm This is one of mhy favorite Christmas stories, by none less than Feoder Dostoevsky. I like the authorial asides at the beginning and end. It takes only five minutes to read: highly recommended:

https://orthochristian.com/58527.html
Very good, thank you for sharing Alexiev.

The authorial asides are what make this story really stand out. The last paragraph in particular I find rather perplexing. Sometimes I think perhaps he knew at least of a boy found frozen dead on a woodstack, and mother found dead. Perhaps he didn't want to allay this particular aspect of the story as actually being true, on account of it being a Christmas story.

Why have I made up such a story, so out of keeping with an ordinary diary, and a writer’s above all? And I promised two stories dealing with real events! But that is just it, I keep fancying that all this may have happened really—that is, what took place in the cellar and on the woodstack; but as for Christ’s Christmas tree, I cannot tell you whether that could have happened or not.