Happy New Year - 2024

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Happy New Year - 2024

Post by Lacewing »

I wish everyone peace and clarity for the coming year.

Regardless of all the ongoing nonsense of politics, wars, religions, aliens, and humans themselves.

May you have fun moving on.
promethean75

Re: Happy New Year - 2024

Post by promethean75 »

"To those humans in whom I have faith; I wish suffering, being forsaken, sickness, maltreatment, humiliation. I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, and the misery of the vanquished. I have no pity for them because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not—that one endures' . . . Remember, the passion for destruction is also a creative passion." - Anarchist in the movie Slacker
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Whether you 'wish' it or not makes no difference to anything. And do you really go around 'wishing' happy new years on humans you aren't even aware of the existence of? What does it even mean: 'Happy' new year? Be gone with your virtue-signalling. Don't use others to make you feel good about yourself.
This thread reeks of shallow self-indulgence. The most 'virtuous' thing you could do is admit that you don't give a shit about anything but your own comfortable existence. That comes with it's own pitfalls.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

once more, the ball of mud spins around the ball of fire... rejoice

-Imp

Post by Age »

accelafine wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:55 pm Whether you 'wish' it or not makes no difference to anything. And do you really go around 'wishing' happy new years on humans you aren't even aware of the existence of? What does it even mean: 'Happy' new year? Be gone with your virtue-signalling. Don't use others to make you feel good about yourself.
This thread reeks of shallow self-indulgence. The most 'virtuous' thing you could do is admit that you don't give a shit about anything but your own comfortable existence. That comes with it's own pitfalls.
That post did seem rather HYPOCRITICAL and CONTRADICTORY, considering what 'it' has been SAYING for the rest of the year, hitherto.

Also, I wonder WHY ONLY 'wishing' 'that' for one 'coming' year ONLY.

Did/does "lacewing" NOT WANT peace AND clarity, FOR EVERY one, ALWAYS?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:38 pm I wish everyone peace and clarity for the coming year.

Regardless of all the ongoing nonsense of politics, wars, religions, aliens, and humans themselves.

I hope you have a good NY too Lacewing. As for the rest of you, you may as well fuck off.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:31 pm
accelafine wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:55 pm Whether you 'wish' it or not makes no difference to anything. And do you really go around 'wishing' happy new years on humans you aren't even aware of the existence of? What does it even mean: 'Happy' new year? Be gone with your virtue-signalling. Don't use others to make you feel good about yourself.
That post did seem rather HYPOCRITICAL and CONTRADICTORY, considering what 'it' has been SAYING for the rest of the year, hitherto.

Also, I wonder WHY ONLY 'wishing' 'that' for one 'coming' year ONLY.

Did/does "lacewing" NOT WANT peace AND clarity, FOR EVERY one, ALWAYS?
hehe You aren't wrong Mr. Bot
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Well. I have just had a fantastic beer drinking arvo with my old mates that I've been with, and more importantly we have all stuck by each other since 1990.

When I think of all our histories, indeed, how I met the other side of life...through placing super-glue into the locks of the admin building at school at the end of year shenanigans (1st year at school in Oz since England), and then getting kicked out (there's a fair reason I did it). Then, ending up at a school closer to the city, with a lot more 'wise' guys, ONE dude from down south school near me had heard about the admin building block out (I aint proud of it, and Dad wasn't too happy lol) ...NE way, we've been best mates since then 1990, when he got kicked out of his school for being caught with weed...and we ended up at this city slicker school.

Well, anyway so there we all were again, at the pub havening lots of larfs and stories...and boy, have we got some stories.

SAY YES TO PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS ONLY...!!...but when a sage\God starts telling you in rather strange and often testing ways to refuse even that little BIT of weed.

Y's up.

..don't test God again. :twisted:
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:38 pm I wish everyone peace and clarity for the coming year.

Thanks, and I wish you likewise
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

HO HO HO that's the spirit talking. 🎅

Talking of witch U all Hope U are all enjoying the lie, U all pretended to create for all U U's

HO HO HO that's the spirit talking in grinch language.

nemos

Post by nemos »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:38 pm I hope you have a good NY too Lacewing. As for the rest of you, you may as well fuck off.
I am not familiar with English expressions - did you wish us good sex and a fruitful new year ? Anyway, the same to you.
And just a merry Christmas and simple happiness all around. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

nemos wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:32 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:38 pm I hope you have a good NY too Lacewing. As for the rest of you, you may as well fuck off.
did you wish us good sex and a fruitful new year ?
Ho Ho Ho that's really funny nemos :lol:

That's the spirit. There's a good dollop of happyness to be found at the bottom of that spirit bottle. Imbibe everyone, imbibe at the free drinking fountain of eternal knowledge. :D