Bard and ChatGPT?

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Bard and ChatGPT?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:25 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:55 am In most cases, I am not relying or is borrowing from Bard or ChatGpt totally but rather [given English not my native tongue] I present my points and views and got Bard or ChatGpt to represent it in a more organized and structured manner and ensure it follows logically.
Bard and ChatGt in my case is more like a spellcheck or grammar check program.

The reason why the starter of the OP is so worked up reflect some internal psychological issues in that person due to the typical resistance to change [modernity] instinct, psychological insecurity, etc.
Does he also have an existential crisis that needs to be sooothed?

You might not be aware, but 'soothe' is what is termed a 'fleemyant' word in English. Which means you can add extra vowels to provide more impact for the word..

Thus, with this thread you may be having an existential crisis that needs to be sooooooooothed.
Bard and ChatGt?? I don't believe they have an inherent existential crisis like humans.

ALL humans has an inherent an unavoidable existential related cognitive dissonances generating an existential crisis.
So, I definitely have the inherent and unavoidable existential related cognitive dissonances generating an existential crisis and had soothed them with theism in the past.

Based on reflective thinking I am well aware of their existence within and to avoid being entrapped [be a slave to it] within it, I have developed a 'helicopter view' i.e. a detached view of it and modulate its triggers whenever they arise.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:03 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:55 am In most cases, I am not relying or is borrowing from Bard or ChatGpt totally but rather [given English not my native tongue] I present my points and views and got Bard or ChatGpt to represent it in a more organized and structured manner and ensure it follows logically.

The reason why the starter of the OP is so worked up reflect some internal psychological issues in that person due to the typical resistance to change [modernity] instinct, psychological insecurity, etc.

You might not be aware, but 'soothe' is what is termed a 'fleemyant' word in English. Which means you can add extra vowels to provide more impact for the word..

Thus, with this thread you may be having an existential crisis that needs to be sooooooooothed.
Bard and ChatGt?? I don't believe they have an inherent existential crisis like humans.

ALL humans has an inherent an unavoidable existential related cognitive dissonances generating an existential crisis.
So, I definitely have the inherent and unavoidable existential related cognitive dissonances generating an existential crisis and had soothed them with theism in the past.
So now you are unsooooooooothed?

Veritas Aequitas wrote:Based on reflective thinking I am well aware of their existence within and to avoid being entrapped [be a slave to it] within it, I have developed a 'helicopter view' i.e. a detached view of it and modulate its triggers whenever they arise.
I often thought you're a bit of a helicopter head.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:55 am The OP is very pathetic from a sore loser.
Hm, you don't seem detached
I have developed a 'helicopter view' i.e. a detached view of it and modulate its triggers whenever they arise.
There is something psychologically wrong with those who fuss about it.
Hm, you don't seem detached about this
I have developed a 'helicopter view' i.e. a detached view of it and modulate its triggers whenever they arise.
This is a stupid unintelligent expectation.
Hm, you don't seem detached.
FDP is very ignorant
Hm, you don't seem detached.
Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:14 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:03 am

So now you are unsooooooooothed?
Where I avoid being a slave to it, there is no question of soothing or unsoothed.

Veritas Aequitas wrote:Based on reflective thinking I am well aware of their existence within and to avoid being entrapped [be a slave to it] within it, I have developed a 'helicopter view' i.e. a detached view of it and modulate its triggers whenever they arise.
I often thought you're a bit of a helicopter head.
If that is derogatory, that is not the way to go.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

That's an outright lie. I've seen you use CGPT to tell you whether arguments are deductively valid, a choice which was even more absurd than the bullshit arguments you were defending.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:58 am I checked with ChatGPT on the validity of the syllogism which ChatGPT agreed it is valid.

You used the same tool to tell you that Isaiah Berlin agrees with your FSK theory, which is really quite a strange thing to use a spell checker for. And you used it to compare a whole range of sciences against each other. You tried to get it to compose an argument that circular arguments are ok for you.

You use CGPT and Bard to do your thinking for you, and then to tell you how clever you are. You are an idiot if you think we don't notice.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I asked Chat GPT for instances of FSK as an abreviation:

Frequency Shift Keying: This is the primary and most common meaning of FSK ...

Financial Services Knowledge: In some financial contexts or discussions related to banking and finance,...

Finnish Association of Designers (in Finnish: 'Formgivarna i Svenskfinland rf'): In Finland, the abbreviation FSK can refer to the Finnish Association of Designers, ...

Federal Signal Corporation: FSK might also represent the Federal Signal Corporation,...

Förderverein Städtepartnerschaft Krems e. V.: FSK can refer to the Förderverein Städtepartnerschaft Krems e. V., which is a German association supporting town twinning ...

Fixed Submarine Cable Network: In the context of submarine telecommunications cables,

I then asked for all others it could come up with. Oddly the next one was FSM!!! But here's what it reported:

Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) Kernel: In some technical discussions or humorously, "FSK" might refer to a fictional or satirical term related to the "Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) Kernel," especially in tech-related forums or discussions related to programming and software.

Flug-Sicherungs-Kommando (FSK): In German, "Flug-Sicherungs-Kommando" could be abbreviated as FSK, referring to an aviation-related term such as Flight Control Command or similar.

Fédération des Scouts du Kirchberg (FSK): In Luxembourg, FSK might stand for "Fédération des Scouts du Kirchberg," an organization related to scouting activities.

Formularios y Servicios de Kinesiología (FSK): In some Spanish-speaking contexts, "FSK" could refer to "Formularios y Servicios de Kinesiología," which relates to forms and services in the field of kinesiology.

Free Speech Korea (FSK): "Free Speech Korea" could use the abbreviation FSK in discussions or organizations advocating for freedom of speech in Korea.

So no hope there for In Vino Veritas
Veritas Aequitas

Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:51 am I asked Chat GPT for instances of FSK as an abreviation:

Financial Services Knowledge: In some financial contexts or discussions related to banking and finance,...

Finnish Association of Designers (in Finnish: 'Formgivarna i Svenskfinland rf'): In Finland, the abbreviation FSK can refer to the Finnish Association of Designers, ...

Federal Signal Corporation: FSK might also represent the Federal Signal Corporation,...

Förderverein Städtepartnerschaft Krems e. V.: FSK can refer to the Förderverein Städtepartnerschaft Krems e. V., which is a German association supporting town twinning ...

Fixed Submarine Cable Network: In the context of submarine telecommunications cables,

I then asked for all others it could come up with. Oddly the next one was FSM!!! But here's what it reported:

Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) Kernel: In some technical discussions or humorously, "FSK" might refer to a fictional or satirical term related to the "Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) Kernel," especially in tech-related forums or discussions related to programming and software.

Flug-Sicherungs-Kommando (FSK): In German, "Flug-Sicherungs-Kommando" could be abbreviated as FSK, referring to an aviation-related term such as Flight Control Command or similar.

Fédération des Scouts du Kirchberg (FSK): In Luxembourg, FSK might stand for "Fédération des Scouts du Kirchberg," an organization related to scouting activities.

Formularios y Servicios de Kinesiología (FSK): In some Spanish-speaking contexts, "FSK" could refer to "Formularios y Servicios de Kinesiología," which relates to forms and services in the field of kinesiology.

Free Speech Korea (FSK): "Free Speech Korea" could use the abbreviation FSK in discussions or organizations advocating for freedom of speech in Korea.

You are insulting your intelligence, rationality and critical thinking with the above sort of response.
An acronym is merely an abbreviation as a convenient symbol in communication and nothing else.

Why an acronym is listed by a search engine, acroynm or ChatBot, it is first, purely based on popularity and has nothing to do with truth or reality.

What is critical with any acronym is not whether it is popular or not [where a nonsensical one like FSK can be popular], but rather what is critical with my FSK [implied as referenced to Framework and System of Knowledge] is in the context defined is realistic or not.

You should ask ChatGpt whether "Framework and System of Knowledge" [FSK] is a reasonable and realistic concept. The abbreviation 'FSK' is not the critical thing, it is merely an abbreviation as a convenient symbol and nothing else.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:01 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:51 am I asked Chat GPT for instances of FSK as an abreviation:

You are insulting your intelligence, rationality and critical thinking with the above sort of response.
An acronym is merely an abbreviation as a convenient symbol in communication and nothing else.

Why an acronym is listed by a search engine, acroynm or ChatBot, it is first, purely based on popularity and has nothing to do with truth or reality.

What is critical with any acronym is not whether it is popular or not [where a nonsensical one like FSK can be popular], but rather what is critical with my FSK [implied as referenced to Framework and System of Knowledge] is in the context defined is realistic or not.

You should ask ChatGpt whether "Framework and System of Knowledge" [FSK] is a reasonable and realistic concept. The abbreviation 'FSK' is not the critical thing, it is merely an abbreviation as a convenient symbol and nothing else.
Hah! I just googled it and the only thing that came up is a link to 'Philosophy Now Forum' and one of your threads :lol: It doesn't mean anything. It's just an obnoxious word salad.
Veritas Aequitas

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:15 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:01 am

Hah! I just googled it and the only thing that came up is a link to 'Philosophy Now Forum' and one of your threads :lol: It doesn't mean anything. It's just an obnoxious word salad.
You are another one who is insulting your own intelligence.

I wrote above.

It is common sense that whatever the field of knowledge [science, economics, political, legal. etc.] it is conditioned upon a framework [constitution, model, paradigm] and systems [of inputs, outputs and feedback control].
For example, you cannot assert that 'water is H20' because you, your father, mother, friends said so.
In the statement 'water is H20' it is implied, the authority is, it is because the science-chemistry FSK said so.

I have referenced a thread in explaining what I meant by Framework and System of Knowledge.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I don't think there is any problem with the use of the term Framework and System of Knowledge to describe how a particular field comes to conclusions. I think there are some problems with the way VA uses it in specific. But hey, he coined a term. Here are some other options.

Methodology (or methodology and models)
Paradigm
Theoretical Framework

Best of all:
Research methodology
refers to the systematic process and the set of principles and practices used by researchers to conduct a study or investigation. It encompasses the methods, techniques, and procedures employed to gather and analyze data, as well as the underlying theoretical framework that guides the research.

In academic and scientific contexts, when someone talks about the research methodology of a field, they are likely referring to both the specific methods used for investigation and the theoretical framework that provides the context and rationale for those methods. It essentially describes how researchers approach and conduct their studies within a particular discipline or area of study.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:46 am I don't think there is any problem with the use of the term Framework and System of Knowledge to describe how a particular field comes to conclusions. I think there are some problems with the way VA uses it in specific. But hey, he coined a term. Here are some other options.
What do people who study chemistry call chemistry? Or relativity, or quantum physics, or mathematics?

Do they call them fsks? Well, I know the answer to that, and it's no. Do they call them something that's roughly equivalent to what VA means when he says FSK?

If they do, VA would improve his communications if he adopted that term instead of inventing his own jargon and then using it so much that nobody wants to hear it again.

I actually think he could communicate more effectively if he just skipped it altogether in 99% of the cases where he uses it. "In the fsk of chemistry, water is h2o" - how is that communicating anything extra compared to "in chemistry, water is h2o"? Do the extra words impart any extra relevant meaning that isn't already implicit? I don't think so. It's just adding words.

You're not getting paid per word for your posts here, so take it easy.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:01 pm What do people who study chemistry call chemistry? Or relativity, or quantum physics, or mathematics?
Field. Field of inquiry. Area of knowledge', disciplines of study.....

Though I felt like the emphasis here was more philosophical. What do we call the assumptions, models, processes and methodology of a given field of study/discipline?

I don't think his term is ridiculous. The way he wields it can be a problem.
Do they call them fsks? Well, I know the answer to that, and it's no. Do they call them something that's roughly equivalent to what VA means when he says FSK?

If they do, VA would improve his communications if he adopted that term instead of inventing his own jargon and then using it so much that nobody wants to hear it again.
That was precisely the point of my post. Essentially, 'here are some better terms'.
I actually think he could communicate more effectively if he just skipped it altogether in 99% of the cases where he uses it. "In the fsk of chemistry, water is h2o" - how is that communicating anything extra compared to "in chemistry, water is h2o"? Do the extra words impart any extra relevant meaning that isn't already implicit? I don't think so. It's just adding words.
OK, charitable hat on. I think he wants to keep reminding people that each field of study has it's own ways of drawing conclusions - there are issues even there, but charitable hat on. The odd thing is that in a way he is constantly reminding us that each field of knowledge has humans who use some kind of model and approach to getting knowledge. That might seem trivially true, but given his anti-realism, and even how people use some science in a kind of crude way in arguments, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea. Now why I think that's an odd thing is that he has a Kant FSK. And he recently started a thread with the opinion of one philosopher that Kant more or less the end of philosophy, since everything after is just a footnote to Kant.

So, it's an implicit appeal to authority FSK where one needs just one philosopher's opinion.

Or he often refers to THE Moral FSK. He has said that this is not a set of specific morals, but there's still a kind of sleight of mind happening here.

As you have pointed out many of his own conclusions are not supported by the FSKs that he considers accurate.
Also, since he focuses on intersubjectivity as objectivity, again many of his positions are clearly not objective, since he is in a tiny minority AND not supported by the accurate, in his opinion, FSKs. When he can he does try to support his positions with science and other FSKs he puts high on the rankings. But he hasn't managed this for many things and also those arguments are not always (charitable hat) so solid.

A lot of problems come in after he uses the term. He ranks the FSKs by numbers. He says all FSKs are objective, though some are .0000001 accurate. And since all FSKs that people have are intersubjective, well, of course in his system they are objective, to some degree.
You're not getting paid per word for your posts here, so take it easy.
LOL.
FlashDangerpants

Your advice to me earlier today....
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:21 am What don't you ask ChatGpt [with reservations] whether the claim of FSK is reasonable or not re my claim;
"whatever is fact, real, truth, knowledge, exists, objective is conditioned upon a human-based embodied FSRK of which the scientific FSRK is the most credible and objective."
Much like the baby bird that relies on his mother to digest his food for him before regurgitating it into his gaping maw, you have become pathetically dependent on a glorified calculator to understand things for you.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 am
Your advice to me earlier today....
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:21 am What don't you ask ChatGpt [with reservations] whether the claim of FSK is reasonable or not re my claim;
"whatever is fact, real, truth, knowledge, exists, objective is conditioned upon a human-based embodied FSRK of which the scientific FSRK is the most credible and objective."
Much like the baby bird that relies on his mother to digest his food for him before regurgitating it into his gaping maw, you have become pathetically dependent on a glorified calculator to understand things for you.
Also as Atla and I have shown many times, the AIs will spit out ideas supportive of a position or critical of it depending on formulation. Further if one points out something to the AI regarding it's first response, they will often say 'good point' and adjust their positions from For X to primarily against X or a mixed position on X. But VA will come with appeals to authority essentially, presenting a draft created by the AI as if this represents the AIs opinion after it sifted through the internet. As if the draft he chooses is a [with reservations] position the AI has decided seems most likely. This is simply not the case. And, in fact, the AIs warn people, if they are asked about it, not to use their productions this way.
FlashDangerpants

I think this image handily erxplians how VA has got where he has philosophically in recent months.

You just can't use AI as a comprehension tool the way he does and expect not to look like a fool.