Crop Circles

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Crop Circles

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:55 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:42 pm All crop circles are hoaxes. Ask Doug Bower and Dave Chorley,

The original inventors long ago owned up to them, since then copy-cat makers have continued.
Only the gullible believe they are of alien origin.

What is special about the one posted?
What is your reasoning for disagreeing with any of the information provided in the OP?
My reasoning is that its bullshit.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:42 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:23 pm Crop circle with 'Beware...' message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52L8EK9OG04

Does anyone have information actually demonstrating that this was a hoax?
All crop circles are hoaxes. Ask Doug Bower and Dave Chorley,

The original inventors long ago owned up to them, since then copy-cat makers have continued.

Did you watch the entire video? It was really cool actually, whoever created them certainly knows their mathematics, I especially liked the one where a mathematician looked at it and said it was pi to x number of decimal places - fantastic art at the minimum.

Lacewing wrote:...
Have you seen anything regarding 'spontaneous human combustion'? --> most cases also seem to occur in Hampshire!
Ask Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, are from Hampshire.
There is a local competition for the most complicated CC
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:05 am

Did you watch the entire video? It was really cool actually, whoever created them certainly knows their mathematics, I especially liked the one where a mathematician looked at it and said it was pi to x number of decimal places - fantastic art at the minimum.

Lacewing wrote:...
Have you seen anything regarding 'spontaneous human combustion'? --> most cases also seem to occur in Hampshire!
It was probably those blokes I saw in a doco years ago where they were in a field with planks of wood and ropes.

What is the competition called, do you have a link?
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

It's not a 'hoax' because the PEOPLE who are making them aren't making any claims. They just sit back and watch the nutters do their thing. It's credulous nutters who come up with all the 'theories' like 'landing sites for alien spaceships', 'mysterious magnetic energy bursts that only affect circular partches of wheat in the middle of fields', 'energy beams from the collective subconscious of the world's human population', 'footprints of invisible alien elephants'.....

What if there are beings in a parallel universe who see the circles as the normal bit, and wonder what the heck created the 'amazing and mathematically incredible' untouched parts of the field that look 'normal' to us? :shock:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:33 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:05 am

It was probably those blokes I saw in a doco years ago where they were in a field with planks of wood and ropes.

What is the competition called, do you have a link?
Follow links to the two names here.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Well, "theories," attempt to explain the presence of particular physical evidence that boards purportedly don't explain. Once everything can be accounted for, you have your cause.

Perhaps boards can bend the stalks of the plants ninety degrees without breaking them, while interweaving the stalks, and perhaps bending by boards will not shake the grain off the plants.

Perhaps the photos of woven stalks are fakes.

Farmers don't complain about bent dead plants. They complain because they say bent live plants are more difficult to harvest.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Doug and Dave we're not the original inventors though, they weren't the first people to think of the idea, were they?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Message encoded in the circle reads: “Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises. Much pain, but still time. Believe! There is good out there. We oppose deception. Conduit closing (bell sound.)”

_____

DAM response: Hey, you unidentified faceless extraterrestrial twits, why don't you show us minions the image of your true and real authentic face then. If you oppose deception, then fess up as to whom is causing this deception, man or you.

Or are you just a coward like God, failing to show up and deal with all human deceptions and failures head on, face to face. Why not just FACE the carnage directly instead of leaving messages of hope as and through the medium of flattened corn. Indeed, pull the other one, it's got bells on.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Doug and Dave we're not the original inventors though, they weren't the first people to think of the idea, were they?
Who was?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:32 pm

Who was?
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking more along the lines of they were not the first to think of the idea. The idea has been around since the 16th century.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Patterns or circles could also appear in sand and snow as well, not just wheat or corn or oat fields.

If the ''Bringers of Light'' want to communicate with us, to warn us of impending doom and deception, they have plenty of mediums on which to drop their messages.

But I'm sure, we all know by now how to take responsibility for ourselves, we don't need to resort to crushing and flattening corn. Save that for the cornflake harvest.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:18 pm Patterns or circles could also appear in sand and snow as well, not just wheat or corn or oat fields.

If the ''Bringers of Light'' want to communicate with us, to warn us of impending doom and deception, they have plenty of mediums on which to drop their messages.

But I'm sure, we all know by now how to take responsibility for ourselves, we don't need to resort to crushing and flattening corn. Save that for the cornflake harvest.
Come to think of it [scratch head] [thinking mode set to on]🤔

Dropping messages on corn fields is a bit antiquated, I mean, you'd think who ever is doing this, would have dreamt up a more technologically advanced method than that.

Why didn't they just intercept the internet, that way, they would at least reach more people, and that would have made much more sense. Gosh, I bet they wished they'd thought of that. 🤣🤦‍♀️

Also, they could have just left messages in the clouds, they could have left images of their actual faces. I've seen the images clouds take on. Once I saw mickey mouse in the clouds. 😱

Seems strange that there is not a problem when it comes to warning earthlings about the non-existent future events, by dropping messages in a corn field, and yet there is a problem revealing the identity of the actual message dropper. It's like the story of ''the headless way'' all over again.

Or is it..''Eyes without a face'' ?

As for predictions of future events, the future's only in the imagination, which never happens in the immediate here and now.

Google the headless way, for more information.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:57 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:32 pm

Who was?
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking more along the lines of they were not the first to think of the idea. The idea has been around since the 16th century.
What paltry "evidence" comes from the 16thC is more likely to be simple whirlwinds which can make similar shapes.
But there is nothing of the kind of designs we see, and I do not think any images.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

It's stoned Space Wallabies....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8118257.stm
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:24 pm

What paltry "evidence" comes from the 16thC is more likely to be simple whirlwinds which can make similar shapes.
But there is nothing of the kind of designs we see, and I do not think any images.
I'm just saying, the idea for crop circles has been around a long time, before D&D thought about making them with basic planks of wood and rope.

Who knows how the more precise and intricate circles are made these days, I have absolutely no idea.